Vanilla Kush - Mekong High - Blueberry - White Widow - Hydro Race to the Finish

Re: Vanilla Kush, Mekong High, Blueberry, and White Widow....Hydro Race to the Fini

Thank you Captain Kronic!

I topped my plants today. I almost didn't top the Vanilla Kush because it has been growing slower than the other plants and I could could barely cut off the top without disturbing the rest of the plant.

The last grow I did was Vanilla Kush and I noticed that all my plants grew and looked different thoughout the whole grow. All the buds taste the same. The plants all grew at different paces. Anyways.....here are the before and after pics!

Before topping........

Before_topping_6-19-11.jpg

After topping.....................

after_topping_6-19-11.jpg

The tops.................

6-18-11_003.JPG

Re: Vanilla Kush, Mekong High, Blueberry, and White Widow....Hydro Race to the Fini

Nice lookin set up and grow hope you dont mind me taggin along got some vanilla kush out in the woods now and your right they all look different :goodjob: :peacetwo:

Nice lookin set up and grow hope you dont mind me taggin along got some vanilla kush out in the woods now and your right they all look different :goodjob: :peacetwo:

I am honored to have you tag along!! Here are the updated pics I just took.

The plants are growing good after topping last weekend.

No res change this week. I will change it next weekend. PH this am was at 6.2. When it goes any higher I will add PH down.

Here is the group and individual pics......

6-25-11_006.jpg

6-25-11_002.jpg

6-25-11_003.jpg

6-25-11_004.jpg

6-25-11_005.jpg

Looking good. Did you top these during the veg or flower stage?

Thanks for viewing!

I have never heard of topping while in the flowering stage.

I am still in the veg stage and giving the plants 24 hours of light. I will probably be going into flower stage on a 12/12 light schedule in about 2 weeks. ;)

Looking good. Did you top these during the veg or flower stage?

I should have explained more why I top in the veg cycle. I want my plants to have more branches. By topping in Veg. It forces the plant to branch out and the end result is more tops on the plants which equals more buds.

The only time I have ever top a plant in the flower cycle is when I am harvesting. I usually top the plants and let the bottom of the plants get another week or so of direct light to fill out more. :bong:

Your plants are lookin great cant wait to see them in flower that mekong high is jumpin out of its basket that white widow aint far behind. I hope you had something to catch that runoff from that spill earlier.How much did that Vanilla kush grow when you put it in flower on your last grow :goodjob: :peacetwo:

Im in Nice lookin setup bud.. will you be taking clones of these youngins, also are they all feminized..? Im vegging in dwc should come check it out, Ive been using Lst along with topping its great to keep your plants of varied strains similar in height and to maximize yield..:goodluck:

Your plants are lookin great cant wait to see them in flower that mekong high is jumpin out of its basket that white widow aint far behind. I hope you had something to catch that runoff from that spill earlier.How much did that Vanilla kush grow when you put it in flower on your last grow :goodjob: :peacetwo:

Thanks paptater!! The Mekong High is the strongest plant so far.

I have nothing to catch the runoff on my hydro set up. I must have faith in the plastic tubing and buckets and switches!!!! It is very hard. Every time I walk to my closet I look at the floor first to see if it is dry....that is how paranoid I am about spills!! That is one reason I am going to do my next grow in dirt.

I was lucky on my last spill. It was very low nuted water and I caught it quickly and was able to sop it up with towels. A lot of them. At least I didn't have to call a professional!

My Vanilla Kush plants on my last grow all grew very different. One kept stretching and never stopped. 2 stretched about to what I would have expected. And one stretched very little and was as stout and solid as a rock. :peace:

Im in Nice lookin setup bud.. will you be taking clones of these youngins, also are they all feminized..? Im vegging in dwc should come check it out, Ive been using Lst along with topping its great to keep your plants of varied strains similar in height and to maximize yield..:goodluck:

Thank Che Bubblez!! These plants all came from feminized seeds. I wish I had room to take clones and spread out. I do not have room for that right now. I am sure that will change in the future. I will check out your grow.
Thanks!:bong:

Lately I have been noticing my leaves getting crispy at the ends. I thought this could have been from my ph issue I had earlier. My PH has been spot on since. This has been baffling me until today.

The controller bucket timer has not been turning due to a broken gear!! My plants have been starving for nutrition!! Thank God MMJ is hard to kill!! I called the company and they have great customer service. They are sending my a new part asap. I will have to manually turn on the timer to feed until the part arrives!!

I am glad I caught it in time. I will post pics when I have time. :hmmmm:

Here are the pics. I have the timer back together and it is temporarily working until my part arrives. These plants definately have not been getting the feedings that they should have been getting. The Mekong High and Blueberry took it in fairly well. While the White Widow and Vanilla Kush suffered the worst.

I have never had a perfect grow. I always seem to have some problem that I have to overcome. I have had my quota of problem and I believe the rest of this grow will go well. Knock on wood!!

Here is the group photo...

6-28-11_002.JPG

Mekong High

6-28-11_003.JPG

Blueberry...

6-28-11_004.JPG

White Whidow...

6-28-11_005.JPG

Vanilla Kush...

6-28-11_006.JPG

They will be in tip top shape before to long. I know it bums you out you baby your plants and something happens out of your control and it makes you feel like crap. Hope all is well with you and yours :thumb:

They will be in tip top shape before to long. I know it bums you out you baby your plants and something happens out of your control and it makes you feel like crap. Hope all is well with you and yours :thumb:

Thanks Papatater. It was disappointing but they are already strong and sturdy again. Every grow I seem to have some new learning experience!

Res Chang Day. Tried to get around a 900 ppm mixture. Ended up with around a 1000 ppm. I will watch closely.

I am pleased how well the plants have recovered! The Blueberry is definately the most tolerant for stress. It didn't even loose any color in any leaves. The Mekong High was close 2nd. The Vanilla Kush and the White Widow took it the worst.

MY NEW PART CAME IN YESTERDAY!! No more manually feeding the plants!! The CAP EBB and Gro people are really good to work with. They informed me that my controller bucket is outdated. The new timers have metal gears. They are going to update with a more dependable timer and go over all the mechanics for free!! Of course I will not send the controller bucket to them until my small grow is finnished.

Here is the broken gears on the old timer.

Recent_Pictures_020.jpg

The White Widow
Recent_Pictures_023.jpg

The Vanilla Kush
Recent_Pictures_024.jpg

The Mekong High
Recent_Pictures_025.jpg

The Blueberry
Recent_Pictures_026.jpg

They are getting better! My res does not need a flush. These plants were damaged because they missed several feedings because of the broken timer gear pictured above.

I am going to flush these plants my next res change when I go to 12/12. That will take place between 7 to 14 days. When all my plants are around 12 to 18 inches tall. :bong:

Hey there Closet Farmer, Nice looking grow you have started.

I just finished a few of the same strains. I purchased Vanilla Kush and got the same batch of freebies.
I also purchased Nirvana Super Skunk and Papaya direct from Nirvana.

We planned on growing one SS and one Papaya and One Vanilla Kush.
Well the VK were very bad sprouting and in the mean time my partner was in a hurry and tossed the free White Widow and Kandy Kush in one of the pots and they finally sprouted along with a Vanilla Kush finally breaking dirt. We ended up with to many plants in the room. However they all did well as far as growth goes. Over crowding was kept in check.
The 2 Nirvana hogged up most of the room but were the most disappointing of the bunch.
The Vanilla Kush is good but not as good as we had anticipated.

I think they do something in the postal system to packages that affects the seeds.
All the Tudes seeds seemed to have very very slow germination and the Barney VK had 2 no sprouts, one sprout and die and the 4th finally sprouted and grew, but it looked like a one day old sprout for two weeks.
I will pay extra for protective shipping next time I order from them just in case.
As for Nirvanas, they sprouted in 3 days and were the most healthy and largest of the grow. I don't want to give away their shipping method, but if I order from them again I will request the same method from them.

We still have the Blueberry and Orange bud on deck for the next grow and Mekong High and Aphrodite for future use.

Also have one VK left and 4 SS and Papayas. I am experimenting as to why the Nirvana see to be so disapointing. I gave clones to others who are using different methods, so I will be able to compare if it was my grow or the seeds.

The plants were very very healthy and only the White Widow turned out medical quality. Not sure what I am doing wrong. The plants seem to get to a point then never get any more amber. About 10% then they just stay that way. I wish I knew what is preventing grade A results.

I know I need to get my environment in check. 600w is creating a lot of heat for a 3x3 room.

Sorry for rambling in your thread.

Hey there Closet Farmer, Nice looking grow you have started.

I just finished a few of the same strains. I purchased Vanilla Kush and got the same batch of freebies.
I also purchased Nirvana Super Skunk and Papaya direct from Nirvana.

We planned on growing one SS and one Papaya and One Vanilla Kush.
Well the VK were very bad sprouting and in the mean time my partner was in a hurry and tossed the free White Widow and Kandy Kush in one of the pots and they finally sprouted along with a Vanilla Kush finally breaking dirt. We ended up with to many plants in the room. However they all did well as far as growth goes. Over crowding was kept in check.
The 2 Nirvana hogged up most of the room but were the most disappointing of the bunch.
The Vanilla Kush is good but not as good as we had anticipated.

I think they do something in the postal system to packages that affects the seeds.
All the Tudes seeds seemed to have very very slow germination and the Barney VK had 2 no sprouts, one sprout and die and the 4th finally sprouted and grew, but it looked like a one day old sprout for two weeks.
I will pay extra for protective shipping next time I order from them just in case.
As for Nirvanas, they sprouted in 3 days and were the most healthy and largest of the grow. I don't want to give away their shipping method, but if I order from them again I will request the same method from them.

We still have the Blueberry and Orange bud on deck for the next grow and Mekong High and Aphrodite for future use.

Also have one VK left and 4 SS and Papayas. I am experimenting as to why the Nirvana see to be so disapointing. I gave clones to others who are using different methods, so I will be able to compare if it was my grow or the seeds.

The plants were very very healthy and only the White Widow turned out medical quality. Not sure what I am doing wrong. The plants seem to get to a point then never get any more amber. About 10% then they just stay that way. I wish I knew what is preventing grade A results.

I know I need to get my environment in check. 600w is creating a lot of heat for a 3x3 room.

Sorry for rambling in your thread.

You are very welcome to ramble on my thread!! Thank you for your comments!

What temperature is your room at? A 3x3 room with 600w will definately get warm with that powerful of light. Is your light hooked up to a blower fan system?

I have a small room AC unit that I have vented into my attic and a blower unit that vents the heat from the light to the attic. I also have another AC vent from the ceiling that runs when the home unit is running. My room is always around 80 degrees in the day and when I go to 12/12 will be around 75 degrees at night.

That was a great promo with all the free seeds!! These seeds that I got all sprouted in one day! I was very surprised.

My last grow I had was Vannilla Kush. I had 4 plants in this same set up. One plant just kept growing which forced me to let the others keep growing. All the buds developed foxtails and kept growing. I harvested the top buds of the 3 matured plants and let the bottom buds get more light. After 16 weeks of 12/12. My one Vanilla Kush was still growing and the top was still not mature. I was fed up with waiting more and harvested anyway. After all was settled and done I ended up with a little over a pound of really good quality bud! :yummy:

I leaned something. I think letting plants flower for longer periods of time and allowing the buds to get hard and foxtail makes for a stronger bud and a much larger yeild. :yummy:

Back
Top Bottom