Velk's First Grow Journal - Coco - Auto - LED

Coco is sensitive to ph. 5.5-6.0. Your coco runoff doesn't sound off. My canna coco is like buffered and runs off around there. I am using AN ph perfect and don't ph but I started organics in coco. The runoff comes out around 6.0 most people ph the nutrient water to 5.8. When you test runoff make sure you water wait about 30minutes then water again and to test the second round of runoff

Coco is sensitive to ph. 5.5-6.0. Your coco runoff doesn't sound off. My canna coco is like buffered and runs off around there. I am using AN ph perfect and don't ph but I started organics in coco. The runoff comes out around 6.0 most people ph the nutrient water to 5.8. When you test runoff make sure you water wait about 30minutes then water again and to test the second round of runoff

Thanks again for the knowledge !! I'm
Using vita link 100% coir it says it's ph bufferd but still wanted to check my soil ph stick meter should be here this morn is that little test I done accurate at all does my coco sound like its the right ph from what I done ? And also do I need to do anything to prepare my coco or perlite , I'm gonna check my baby's now. They wasn't sprouted yesterday . if they aren't is it a good idea to put them in my heated proppagator 23-25c ?? Still so much I need to learn so glad to be part of 420 good online family ..

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Thanks again for the knowledge !! I'm
Using vita link 100% coir it says it's ph bufferd but still wanted to check my soil ph stick meter should be here this morn is that little test I done accurate at all does my coco sound like its the right ph from what I done ? And also do I need to do anything to prepare my coco or perlite , I'm gonna check my baby's now. They wasn't sprouted yesterday . if they aren't is it a good idea to put them in my heated proppagator 23-25c ?? Still so much I need to learn so glad to be part of 420 good online family ..

So your coir is buffered and will probably keep the ph around 6.5. Mine does the same and honestly I don't think twice about it. The only reason I am checking runoff in my organic grow is because the nutes are in the coco not the water. I always water with a light nutrient solution from the start and ramp up as they get bigger and I would ph that water to 5.8. I Don't worry about the coco ph.

My seeds haven't sprouted at all yet one has slightly cracked am I doing it wrong ? Are they too wet ? Advice would be great I'm debating putting them in the proppergator

I'm not sure what method you are using but try not to give them too much love or over think it. Seeds can take a week or more to pop. I personally soak my seeds in tap for about 12 hours then put them in coco presoaked with a small amount of base nutes and cal/mag. Put a bag over the coco until the seed pops so you don't dry out too quickly I also put them on a heat mat so the coco stays warm

What's the best way to raise the acidity as one bag of coco was 6.3 on one bag of coco and 6.9/7.0 ph

Why would you want to raise the acidity? Just leave the coco and runoff alone. Ph your water to 5.8. Remember coco coir is sensitive to the ph you drop in. It's best to ph your solutions between 5.5 and 6.0

The videos ledrf posts are long but will answer all your questions. Follow his methods and you'll be rolling in pounds of the good stuff :thumb:

Thank you so much it's just as I'm new with coco and I've read a lot saying coco is optimum at 5.8 I thought I needed to adjust it like the vid I saw just wanted it to be spot on thanks for the wisdom angrybird and bedroomfarmer thanks for your input you've settled my nerves about the ph level the baby's have sprouted ! So will mix my perlite and coco soon as I wake and put them under the Mars . :Namaste: much love

Coco and perlite mixed in to 16 litre root nurse fabric pots now to plant the baby's and give them a little feed and light how much water would you recomend for these size pots and baring in mind they just sprouted I have start nutes and that but I'm completely clueless about how much nutes to put in or cal mag lol

420-magazine-mobile317369090.jpg

Home made drainage system made from a few small container tubs from pound land lol who says hydro has to be costly will drill a good amount of holes on the ridges and groves for the drainage/ro.
420-magazine-mobile2006625218.jpg

Hey velk What you want to do before you plant your seeds is soak the coco till 10% runoff with your rhizo, I'm not sure about how start works but if it's your base then a bit of that and some cal/mag soak the coco let it drain then plant your seeds with the tap root. Once they have come above ground start watering with low ppm nutes water the babies feed themselves for the most part. You just don't want to put straight ro in. Just a few ml and up it slowly as the plant looks lighter green and hungry. Go for a light runoff if any until they are bigger. Just an ml or two of the base in a gal with some cal/mag maybe 1/4 strength. The boost I think is pk for flower

Thank you man I've been picking my brains thinking what to do I got the boost for the pk in the later stages. I have coco a&b should I use that aswell or would that just be over kill you've literally been a life saver man is there anything else I should be baring in mind thank you so much

So I don't know how start works but I just looked on cannas website. I've never grown with canna but the way I understand it is start takes the place of A+B for seedlings and cuttings. I would use start, rhizo, and calmag until your plants have the first or second set of true leaves. Once you have a few sets of leaves switch to A+B add equal amounts to your RO add your rhizo and cal/mag. When you switch to flower instead of switching your base you just add pk. I would stop rhizo right before flower or at flip your roots should be good by that point. Add your A+B your PK and your cal/mag through flower don't forget to ph

Back
Top Bottom