Viparspectra XS-1500 Pro Always Growing In Tok's 2x4 Tent

I'd like to follow along, Tok. I'm trying to follow some SIP grows to see if I might try it sometime. And, besides that, you're one of the best 420 greeters so following you would be an honour.

@ViparSpectra Valerie, I dropped another Green Crack seed, because my current one is under performing. So, I will leave her grow until the backup one catches up.

This doesn't happen very often to me, but some seeds that I made, may of not of been fully developed. I made these seeds about 5 or 6 years ago, and stored in cold storage.

More to come real soon.

Stay safe, and grow well my friends,
Tok..

I also added about 20% more perlite to the organic soil for better aeration and drainage.

View with caution; the images you are about to see may to graphic for new growers.

As I said earlier, I am germinating a second Green Crack, and will probably grow two Green Crack in my 2x4 tent. Wither I drop another see is yet to be determined; I think I can bring this one back and make her stand her ground.

I placed these in a moist paper towel yesterday.
Checked earlier and the second Green Crack has cracked it's shell. I may place her in soil tomorrow if her tail root is strong enough.

More to come soon.

Be safe, and grow well my friends,
Tok..

If you would like Valerie, I can go into more detail about the process?
Thank you very much for your detailed explanation, which gave me more understanding. It would be best if I could learn more in the growing process!
@ViparSpectra Valerie, I dropped another Green Crack seed, because my current one is under performing. So, I will leave her grow until the backup one catches up.

This doesn't happen very often to me, but some seeds that I made, may of not of been fully developed. I made these seeds about 5 or 6 years ago, and stored in cold storage.

More to come real soon.

Tok..

I also added about 20% more perlite to the organic soil for better aeration and drainage.
This happens occasionally and understandably! Sowing one more is a good thing. Hopefully they will all grow well.

Enjoy the start of the new week! :green_heart:

@ViparSpectra here is a detail explanation, of how I germinate seeds in 24 hours.

How I germinate cannabis seeds in 24 hours.

There are many ways to germinate seeds, but to do it in 24 hours requires a certain technique. I am not going to go through all the ways to germinate a seeds, I am just going to tell you how I germinate. Pay attention or you will miss it.

All I do is dampen a paper towel, place the seed/s in the middle. Then I put one drop of Rapid Root on the paper towel above the seed/s. I then place in a plastic sandwich bag; which I blow in and seal the bag. Next, I place the bag on top of the vent-less heater I have in my garage for 24 hours and bang; tail root appears. This proves the light heat needed to start the germination process. I normal leave the seed in the plastic bag for another day to aloud the taproot to get bigger. By doing this it creates a terrarium effect inside the plastic bag and proves enough moisture to crack the shell of the seed and feed the taproot.

I forgot to mention, all I use is tap water for seeds.

Any thoughts?

Tok..

@ViparSpectra here is a detail explanation, of how I germinate seeds in 24 hours.

There are many ways to germinate seeds, but to do it in 24 hours requires a certain technique. I am not going to go through all the ways to germinate a seeds, I am just going to tell you how I germinate. Pay attention or you will miss it.

All I do is dampen a paper towel, place the seed/s in the middle. Then I put one drop of Rapid Root on the paper towel above the seed/s. I then place in a plastic sandwich bag; which I blow in and seal the bag. Next, I place the bag on top of the vent-less heater I have in my garage for 24 hours and bang; tail root appears. This proves the light heat needed to start the germination process. I normal leave the seed in the plastic bag for another day to aloud the taproot to get bigger. By doing this it creates a terrarium effect inside the plastic bag and proves enough moisture to crack the shell of the seed and feed the taproot.

Any thoughts?

Tok..

If it works for you then that's all that matters. I go from water to a domed peat puck on a heating pad. The only time I don't do this is when a seed fails to germinate. If I have another seed in the same strain, I try again by going from water to paper towel until I get a decent sized taproot and then it goes into a peat puck the same way I do above.

Any thoughts?

Tok..
I learned not too long ago if it aint broke dont fix it. I tried germination in water only, germination with H2002, Jiffy pods and IFFY pods all were a big waste of time and Money. I thought I was above the paper towel . now I just soak them in warm water 1/2 inch in a solo cup on my seed mat throw them on a wet paper towel one of the things Tok mentioned was the Heat after learnbing how to use a seed heat mat I cut 2-3 days off from seed to sprout. Now that doesnt mean I wont try little tricks like next ill try rapid Root and if Im feeling brave Ill try the plastic bag

Thank you for stopping by @HashGirl and @Savvage61

There is probably 1001 way to germinated seeds and like you said @Savvage61
I learned not too long ago if it aint broke dont fix it.
Information like germinating seeds I normally do not post, unless someone ask specifically for it.

The second Green Crack is about to break through the dirt today, so I will post some image a little later today.

The first Green Crack is hugging the ground and not giving me any stretch I need to work with yet, but she is still trying.

I will be purchasing some new soil today, Promix HP. The soil I am currently using is Promix organic soil that was from last year that is quite moist. So I adding about 20% perlite for better drainage.

More to come a little later.

Stay safe and grow well my friends,
Tok..

If it works for you then that's all that matters.
I agree with that. :D

Any thoughts?

Tok..
Thanks for sharing, that is a great reference! Your way seems more efficient.

Most of time, dip in a shot glass of water for 10 hours in the dark with a dash of hydrogen peroxide 1:3 ratio. Then pour them into a paper towel until I have a tap root a half inch long. Generally it takes two to three days.

It's that time again.

Green Crack #1 is growing, but hugging the soil line. She has multiple branches, just needs to start stretch . I have not decided if I will continue with this one, or drop another seed. She is currently on week two of @Prescription Blend nutrient chart, and I will be moving her up to week three, and bump up her ppm's to about 950. I also, clipped the lowest branches. I believe this bump will push to the next phase of vegetation and I will get the stretch I am lacking. Some are more stubborn than others, but I always get them back.

Green Crack @2 has broke the soil and is reaching for the @ViparSpectra XS1500 PRO. She is currently on tap water for another week of so, then I will transplant her to her SIP container. She will have Fresh Promix HP in her SIP container. I may of made a mistake using Promix Organic that I had left from last year. I think it was to moist when I opened it, and eventually had to add additional perlite to increase the drainage and provide more air to the root zone.

So this is pretty much where I am at; feel free to ask any questions, you may have.

Be safe, and grow well my friends,
Tok..

Thank you for stopping by @Ash4twenty

I was in my tents sweeping the floods, to keep them free of plant material and anything else that has fallen to the floor. I believe that have a clean grow area helps deter un-wanted guess. I am not saying there isn't a chance for visitor, I do think that a cleaning goes along way to prevention.

The first Green Crack has turn the corner and should start responding properly now, and showing signs of daily development. If nothing else I will be a little more wary about the soil moisture after it has been stored for 6+ month. A little hiccup but nothing that can't be adjusted with time and perlite. So with a little luck, you should see Green Crack #1 responding soon. Currently, I have @ViparSpectra XS 1500 PRO light is set at 75% with the height of 24 inches.

Green Crack #2 is coming along nicely and stretching for the @ViparSpectra XS1500 PRO. I have the second @ViparSpectra XS 1500 PRO turned on and light is set at 25% with the height of 16 inches. I will be bumping this one up to 50% in about a week or so and increasing the height. I will post some images tomorrow to show how she is developing.

Feel free to ask questions, about this grow or about your grow, maybe I can help.

Tok..

I need to apologize to @ViparSpectra and everyone that has taken the time to read this grow journal. When I started this grow; I did not realize how bad the soil was retaining the water. This made it difficult for the roots to grow, since the water was readily available in the soil, it caused a slowed down the growing process.

Today, I transplanted into a better soil. The Organic mix that I had left over from last year was to moist/wet even though it was in a sealed bag. I tried adding about 20% more perlite to no avail. My new/replacement soil came yesterday and I transplanted the girls again today. I will be using Promix HP for this SIP grow.

This morning transplant the two Green Crack into a better drainage and aeration soil. This first Green Crank is still short for a couple more days, but I believe you will see a dramatic turn around with the drier soil.

Green Crack #1 is receiving 500-600 PPFD at 75%, height is 20 inches
Green Crack #2 is receiving 400-500 PPFD at 50%, height is 16 inches.

Feel free to ask about wet soil, the @ViparSpectra XS1500 PRO light or anything that is going on in your journal.

Stay safe and grow well my friends,
Tok..

Time for an update.

The deliver of the two XS-1500 PRO's was very smooth and without a problem.

More to come later today or tomorrow.

Tok..
You know the company is doing an amazing job when the box is crushed and the light is perfect . Very nice @ViparSpectra

@Tokin Roll Both Green Crack #1 and #2 are looking good! You keep them happy!

You know the company is doing an amazing job when the box is crushed and the light is perfect . Very nice @ViparSpectra
Appreciate it! :love:

Everyone thing is pretty stable and starting to pickup. Green Crack #1 is starting to get taller. I think I can get her to come around in a week or so. As for GC#2 she is starting to make an appearance. Not much this update.

Tok..

Back
Top Bottom