Volksball's Critically Purple Ride On The Red Dragon, 2020

Definitely don't want to mess with New Year's Eve! If you have some flat stones handy, slide them under any leaves touching the soil. Some look pretty close in the pics.
Yep, will do. I saw that they were, but figured they'd liven up soon and pull away, but will get that done to keep them healthy...

Hey...

Plants are coming along well. They were showing some lower growth yellowing earlier in the week, which just like the last grow, told me I need to up the MC. I was shorting them again. I'll learn one day. They're getting 5g/gal and are responding well. The one girl who got the sun burn looks to be coming back slowly.

Topped the four main tips from each plant to try and fill out the centers that I continue to LST new growth away from.

I'd like to trim lower growth before flipping but always get gunshy when I get to it. Maybe this time. Flip a bit later than the last couple times I think. I have one less plant this time, so a bit more room.

Day 48
V

20210105_195833.jpg

20210105_195931.jpg

20210105_200141.jpg

20210105_200055.jpg

20210105_200017.jpg

New growth is looking great (if color adjusted ;) ) VB! Inner growth is moving right along, and you have plenty of width in the tent, so no need to flip early unless height is the main constraint.
Ha. Darn MH makes it all look blazingly there. I'll get of my arse and take some night time shots, but the green is where I'd like it now after the feed correction.

Hight isn't too much of a concern as I had no issues on the last grow and with the width, there's some room to have them lay down a bit when they get weighty.

Thanks for checking them out!

Hey...

Work has been nuts, so getting by here has been tough. Ladies are veggin' and moving along well. Cranked the light to 100%, but I'm thinking a second grow on this bulb has it a bit weaker. No big - dropped the fixture. They're bow getting between 28-38k lux. Thinking i may be able to drop a little further soon to get them in the 40k lux region. Roating each on their axis daily.

Been LSTing and topping to keep them growing outward. Starting to plan a flip date and thinking in about two weeks-ish, so I probably should stop topping soon. Ha.

They're getting 6g/gal of MC and are eating it up. I had them on 5g on the last feed and in a week, the lower growth was yellowing. 6 seemed to stop that. I'm going to try to top out there, as I ran into issues above 6, but we'll see what they ask for.

Check out the fans on a couple of em!

Day 57
V

20210114_224559.jpg

20210114_224643.jpg

20210114_224826.jpg

20210114_224747.jpg

20210114_224714.jpg

20210114_222023.jpg

20210114_222014.jpg

Thanks! I've been nipping off growth tips from bud sites to double them up. Not thinking about full topping of a kola or anything, but you think that may be a good idea? I was thinking thay some of the tall, thick Lola's may benefit from a chop-in-half. Never done it. But suspect it workes alot like the original Uncle Ben's topping I did a few weeks ago, no?

Topping after topping will increase the number of tops, but the harvest will be determined a lot by the root structure and how long you veg after topping. Colas on the largest stems get the biggest, and they get smaller as the stems get thinner.

Can you pick out the buds on the strongest stems?
full

Of course you can!
Ah gotcha, so if I'm gathering, I might be good to stop topping now, let the roots develop, and flip in 2-3 weeks after all new bud sites and roots develop. I was just a bit worried about height on the big stems (those tall girls with the massive fans) and thought if I topped them down significantly, I could control that and maybe make for some more/bigger sites below coming off of the big kolas. I'd lose those big ass fans that may come in handy for the plant later, however.

Are you expecting it to quadruple in height during stretch? That would make it what...2' tall? :cheesygrinsmiley:

I usually suggest tying down rather than topping down if you think you'll run out of headroom. It promotes lower growth and leaves your mains with thick strong stems.
Ahh ok. Good idea. I have enough width for that to be sure. I'll quit nipping bud sites and let the recovery begin. T-14 days...

Looks like you have yourself a triline! On the plus side, you're not in flower and all the growth hormones will shift to the rest of the plant. You might want to leave it in veg a bit longer to make up for the growth you lost on that branch.

Remember, it's LOW stress training. ;)
Thanks man...

So you think one branch will die? Or fruitless? How does it decide which side to kill on a split down the middle?

I have both sides propped up to close the gap and maybe heal it up, but you think not likely? Shit..

And when you top in the future, leave about a half inch to an inch of stem above your highest node to prevent this from happening again!
Great call. I had about a half cm. Not sure how to get the tape around it, but I've propped it up, and done this... ha.
And when you top in the future, leave about a half inch to an inch of stem above your highest node to prevent this from happening again!
20210119_210422.jpg

I wouldn't use a binder clip on a plant...too many opportunities for damage. Can you wrap tape around just below the split and then up and across it?

Like this:
full
Yep. I'll do that. How long to leave that on for? Doesn't inhibit growth? As in width to those colas?

Back
Top Bottom