Not fully mate we do prefer familiarity whether we intend it or not. It's how survival is so it calls to us, but yeah. Hope you don't think I'm fake, or a dickhead or any other shit that's going on tonight though, damn

I don't know what's happened tonight, I was just trying to be funny. Seven hour sleep and I feel like it was either too much or not enough, I'll work it out during the day :rofl:

What's up Grizz, are you having a crisis of confidence too? I can't repost that pic can I lol. who's upset?

Jesus.jpg

Ha ha. I appreciate all posts here and so far haven't had a post on this journal I didn't appreciate.
Now we're all getting confused. :rofl: I guess questioning everything only works so far. I see no dickheads here. Or at least no dickheads I'm not fond of.
Easier to go back to measuring grams per watt....
I've gotta run. Switching towns. And my eyes are turning square looking at this screen.

i love a little sketchy confusing sidetrack :passitleft: I shouldnt just wake up, read one post and comment :passitleft: im off to work. Hopefully the colours aren't to confusing and I paint them in the right spot.. oh plants yeah, they grow.. on topic grizz they call me..

Excellent cast of characters in here. Weather sucks today, I bet its stormy where you're at too weasel eh? I reckon we're not too far away. Don't post anymore ok? Cant take it anymore, the pc spills out of my phone and gets everything all gooey. Its seeping into my brain im already looking to add several plants to my small tent and get into all sorts of hijinks when I see your setup.

We got gusts here too, but nowhere near 70 knots. I'll stop wincing when the gust lifts the lowered ceiling tiles. :laughtwo: Damn Weaselcracker, tie yourself down.

You guys certainly know how to fill the hours with frivolity. Time for a buzz.

:passitleft:

Amateurs.
If you don't have to collect your belongings from all the neighbor's back yards, it's not a storm.
That's funny. Living in both Halibuts and Teads neck of the woods, they both suck. listening to Sitka spruce explode from bending too much while hunkered down in a cabin made in the 1800s is frightening. Being without power in any of the Gulf states for more than a week sucks pretty hard too. Ever drink out of you bathtub?
Gauge

That's funny. Living in both Halibuts and Teads neck of the woods, they both suck. listening to Sitka spruce explode from bending too much while hunkered down in a cabin made in the 1800s is frightening. Being without power in any of the Gulf states for more than a week sucks pretty hard too. Ever drink out of you bathtub?
Gauge

Used it for water a few times. Always fill it when the swirlies blow.
This is all reminding me... gotta get the geny out for it's spring test run.

Oops , double post and now I've got to fill this space with something...
Amateurs.
If you don't have to collect your belongings from all the neighbor's back yards, it's not a storm.

The storms here make up in quality what they maybe lack in power. They usually max out at about 70 mph, with a few reaching hurricane speeds but nobody calls those ones hurricanes. But they also tend to march in one after another every three days for much of the winter, with quite a few in spring summer and fall as well. The occasional roof flies off, and trees blow down. Boats that are out keep a close eye on the weather and an ear to the radio.
We're in a completely different setting as well. Most people here live one step closer to the bush, and are set up reasonably well to manage without electricity. So there's none of that urban chaos that usually descends when cities look up and notice nature intruding on the finely tuned system.
We don't leave stuff lying around our yard much that isn't tied down. And if it did blow to my nearest neighbours place it would have to travel a few miles to get there.
I don't know what Katrina was like in the physical sense of- windiness. Probably like storms here but stronger. But in the social sense that sort of storm, besides being stronger, is a really different (and way more horrible by all accounts) animal because of its location.
Here, storms are kind of fun. But then they're not deadly most of the time.

They're not hurricanes but they're still real, in the sense that if you were zipping down the highway, in a pissing rainstorm, and climbed up on the roof of the car and yelled 'this isn't real!' -any lip readers in the vicinity would think you were full of shit, if they could read lips that were stretched out that tight.

Too tired to post a big update and the next couple days may be booked so I'm just going to throw in some of the photos I took tonight before I pass out early.
Everything is doing fine (almost). I never know what to expect when I get back after five days away- but I almost always just find plants happily doing their thing- like they don't miss me or even notice I was gone.
The flowering room is quite a jungle right now. Hex plants are starting to fill out too.

IMG_96956.JPG

IMG_97015.JPG

IMG_96974.JPG

IMG_96994.JPG

IMG_97003.JPG

IMG_97015.JPG

IMG_96983.JPG

~Pineapple Chunk~ Still happy and healthy looking at 23 days into flowering. Sometimes I have moments of optimism and think I'll figure out how to keep it looking nice all the way through flowering. So far I've always been taught a lesson otherwise. I'm keeping my eye on her to see when the turning point happens.

I was one my way out the door and realized I'd turned off the fan- went back in for a second and noticed what I didn't spot the first time.

IMG_96963.JPG

The bud along the left side of the hex plants, against the wall with the wilting fan leaves. It looked pretty normal even on closer inspection, but I've seen this enough times to have a pretty good idea what it is.

IMG_97025.JPG

IMG_97044.JPG

IMG_97034.JPG

Budrot hiding in the middle- and a nasty-ass bit of it too. Only seemed to be in the one bud though. I forgot to check what strain it was. I put my veg room fan into that side of flowering. Still haven't gotten a replacement fan yet for the last broken one. Only one I can find in the town I checked is about $140 for some silly piece of crap. I suppose I'd be better to do a mail order and get one of those nice wall mounted ones.

Oops , double post and now I've got to fill this space with something...

The storms here make up in quality what they maybe lack in power. They usually max out at about 70 mph, with a few reaching hurricane speeds but nobody calls those ones hurricanes. But they also tend to march in one after another every three days for much of the winter, with quite a few in spring summer and fall as well. The occasional roof flies off, and trees blow down. Boats that are out keep a close eye on the weather and an ear to the radio.
We're in a completely different setting as well. Most people here live one step closer to the bush, and are set up reasonably well to manage without electricity. So there's none of that urban chaos that usually descends when cities look up and notice nature intruding on the finely tuned system.
We don't leave stuff lying around our yard much that isn't tied down. And if it did blow to my nearest neighbours place it would have to travel a few miles to get there.
I don't know what Katrina was like in the physical sense of- windiness. Probably like storms here but stronger. But in the social sense that sort of storm, besides being stronger, is a really different (and way more horrible by all accounts) animal because of its location.
Here, storms are kind of fun. But then they're not deadly most of the time.

They're not hurricanes but they're still real, in the sense that if you were zipping down the highway, in a pissing rainstorm, and climbed up on the roof of the car and yelled 'this isn't real!' -any lip readers in the vicinity would think you were full of shit, if they could read lips that were stretched out that tight.

It's a very different dance down here. For example, these storms hit us in the summer. AC goes off with the power of course. Imagine you were heating with electricity and lost all ability to heat after a storm blew thru. Of course, I'm certain you have a wood stove and such things are not an issue... but wood stoves don't cool my 110f house much and a fan running on a battery is no replacement.
Of course, the debris angle is much more severe in a dense urban environment. You should see what a roof tile flying at 100mph will do.

Meh... ya keeps your head low, your geny runnin, and a good supply of petrol... you'll live.

Of course, the debris angle is much more severe in a dense urban environment. You should see what a roof tile flying at 100mph will do.

They say "It's not how hard the wind is blowin...It's what the wind is blowin"

Back
Top Bottom