Welcome

I'm using GH with this grow, is this not a good nutes system to have them on? I don't have any Cal-MG as of yet. Should I get some? Is it what my reservoir missing? What about Cannazym? I read that Epsom Salt would be good also. IDK guys I'm just trying to figure it out.

Thanks for explaining that Dr. Bob. Appreciate the info. When I seen the edge leaf browning I changed my reservoir out & weakened the nutes. A couple days later it was like 2 more leaves tip that started to brown. So I left it alone till this morning. This morning when I checked, the leaves are about the same but I took a peep at the roots that's hanging out the net cup & they have some brown to them. It's not slimy just browning. I have 2 plants in the same bubbler system & only 1 plant is doing this. The other 1 isn't as big & it doesn't have roots hanging out the net cup. The roots are coming out of the rockwool tho. I'll take pics when the
lights come back on. Also the smaller plants leaves aren't browning either.

Hey man that is interesting. I am not a hydro guy but it almost sounds like temps, but I think you said yours are stable and in the low 70s when you are talking browning roots. On the leaf tips it can be nutes, but it can also be other things too. Do they still have that nice vigor in your pics?

Hey what's up Doc how ya doin? What is "vigor"? if you mean is it standing strong, then yes they are reaching towards the light. It's just the tips that has me concern. I'm gonna post pics when the lights turn in a couple hours.

Hey what's up Doc how ya doin? What is "vigor"? if you mean is it standing strong, then yes they are reaching towards the light. It's just the tips that has me concern. I'm gonna post pics when the lights turn in a couple hours.

Yep exactly. Good health and strength. I had the same thing in my current harvest with a plant that burned but never slowed down and just had brown tips for the rest of the grow. She looked fantastic when I chopped her down last night brown tips and all. I missed something but something was obviously right too. Just like your girls, healthy but asking for something we must find! :high-five:

Bob ;)

Good morning growers. It's not a good day for my plants. In my opinion they really don't look right. My soil plant has really taken a beating lately. This plant had at least six big fan leaves & it seems the new grow under it wasn't growing as fast as the fan leaves or getting light so I cut the fan leaves. Wish I would have just left them alone. Anyway the tree has shribbled up like no other. My bubbler plants the "Big Bud" in particular has got this brown tip thing going on & the roots also are brown. Yesterday I changed the nutes water with ph & Super Thrive water. That's what it is in as of now. By the way the plant have seem to droop a little also. Now the "Royal Queen" plant seem to be doing just fine but it has this wrinkle leaf thing going on with it. Funny looking. She's cute. She also doesn't have the problems as the BigBud & their in the same reservoir. Here's some pics. Plz fellas help me recover my plant or whatever. Is it something I can get my hands on? Really don't have an grow shop in my area. Of course we have the Wally World & Lowes.
image8824.jpg
image8825.jpg
image8826.jpg
image8827.jpg
image8828.jpg
image8829.jpg

Please help...:yikes:

Ok man I will take a stab. First, take everything I say with a grain of salt on the hydro side but could it be a zinc deficiency? I see that you are getting brown on more than just the tips. Total guess and should be ignored but that can look like what you see. It would explain the otherwise good looks of the BB but the brown as well. On the Royal Queen, what is your RH and temp in there? When leaves curl in my tent I look there first but who knows in your situation.

On the dirt girl, that looks over watered and maybe even nitrogen rich to me. The green seems a bit dark (but could be the pic) and that medium sure looks wet to me. What is the current feeding status of her? I let my plants go until the top few inches are dry and they are just on the verge of wilting (they tend to look incredibly happy at that moment) and then they get more.

But it doesn't look like a disaster but we need to get it turned around for you.

Anyone else have an opinion?

Bob ;)

Its your attitude man. Your attitude in my opinion is very shitty. Ive tried to help you I told you how to do it and you dont listen. Instead you make fun and it isnt cool. That is why I havent gave any more advice. If you ask for my advice and I give it and you make fun of me and then do the exact opposite of what I said and you see the results and then ask for advice again why would I give you advice knowing you ignored it the first time? Im sure someone will come along and help you though. Good luck

Uh Joe I don't know where you see my attitude to be shitty. Why because when you told me about the fish tank? The reason I might have come off bluntly is because you told me something with NO explanation. You didn't tell me how much to put in. You don't know the size of my resoirvor. It seems like your attitude was shitty. I smoke to much medicine to have an shitty attitude. I will tho give it back if it's given to me. Anyway off of that & on to what really matter & that is THE PLANT. Just to let ya know whoever read my journal know that I have shut down my DWC & I'm gonna wait until I can afford an chiller & when I have my ph tester cause testing it with the liquid is ASANINE. So I took the plants out my DWC like I said & transferred them to soil. To be honest I feel better about it already. The plants are looking good by the way. So let's see how it goes. Plus I'll be moving in the next week or so & I don't know how the hell I was gonna transport the DWC from 1 place to another. Later fellas

Relax Guys.. surely nobody meant anything by what they said. We're all here to achieve the same goal. The forum is here to look for and give advice, no point arguing. Obviously its up to each individual if they want to take the advice, and if they don't it's their own fault.. can't do more then try to help. Roll one up, lean back, and forget about it. everything's alright ;)

Uh Joe I don't know where you see my attitude to be shitty. Why because when you told me about the fish tank? The reason I might have come off bluntly is because you told me something with NO explanation. You didn't tell me how much to put in. You don't know the size of my resoirvor. It seems like your attitude was shitty. I smoke to much medicine to have an shitty attitude. I will tho give it back if it's given to me. Anyway off of that & on to what really matter & that is THE PLANT. Just to let ya know whoever read my journal know that I have shut down my DWC & I'm gonna wait until I can afford an chiller & when I have my ph tester cause testing it with the liquid is ASANINE. So I took the plants out my DWC like I said & transferred them to soil. To be honest I feel better about it already. The plants are looking good by the way. So let's see how it goes. Plus I'll be moving in the next week or so & I don't know how the hell I was gonna transport the DWC from 1 place to another. Later fellas

It has nothing to do with the fish poop comment I made. That was a general comment as it is organic it really cant be overdone but to much of a good thing is bad. I also said it wouldnt apply for you since you grow in hydroponics and it would clog your system. What I am speaking of is leaving your fan leaves alone and instead you went and cut them off your plant. Most of the sugars your plant stores and its chemical processes are done through the fan leaves. If you feel the fan leaves are blocking growth under them then just tie the leaves down but cutting them is a bad idea unless you have many others on your plant but even still tieing them down allows them to continue to help your plant function while allowing light to go beyond them. I have no clue where you can say I have a shitty attitude as my primary purpose here is to help as many people as possible. I have not said a negative thing about 1 single person since I have been on this site because there is simply no need to. Everyone here is awesome and loving people. I am trying to help you and since the beginning when you wanted my email address posted I have tried to help you. I simply dont do drama and was going to just let it go and leave your blog but you are in need of help and I cant just leave someone who needs help and so I am here but to say I have a shitty attitude is untrue and unfounded as I try to make friends with everyone. So on to other matters. As far as all the fan leaves being gone I dont feel that plant has a good enough infrastructure to sustain that kind of damage. Now marijuana is a incredibly resistant crop and so it may grow new fan leaves in time for it to save itself. I dont like when anyones plants die and so I wish you luck with that plant. I will say that a plant without its fan leaves cant handle to much nutrient so I would recommend you lower the nutrients until it develops 2 new fanleaves. If the plant is dead by now then I'm sorry I tried to help you maintain it when it was healthy. Not every spot means something is wrong. As a new grower like you are it is hard not to panic when you see something out of the ordinary but thats why there is a tremendous group of growers here that are willing to help you. I can help you get more people over here. Take time to post in other journals and invite people over here thats all it takes. Come by my journal and post and you can ask and I bet you will get a decent amount over here. The more pictures you post the more people will stop by.

Hey what's up grow world. Got my babies in soil & they are loving it. Hey Joe how ya doin? I have pics for ya Doc. Don't really have much to say as it's not much going on because I have them in soil. It seems like my plant life is all good. I ordered an soil ph meter so I'm waiting on that. Been doing a lot of studying lately. It seems I wasn't ready for DWC. When I get everything I need for the DWC grow I will go at again. For now I'm all about the soil plants. So here are my babies

This is the Royal Queen top view & side view:
image8901.jpg
image8900.jpg

This the Big Bud top view & side view:
image8899.jpg
image8898.jpg

This is the bag of seeds:
image8902.jpg
image8903.jpg

Thanks fellas for the help.

I've been looking into this humidity thing lately & I think I may need to be a lil concern. My temps w/lights on are 77-81degrees & my humidity ranges between 35-41RH. am I in good shape or what? I read that it should be from 40-60RH. if so how do you raise it if I need to? Thanks

Thxs for that Joe I put a bowl of water as I didn't have a bucket. But I will refill the bowl as needed. Today Im just sitting in front of my tent with a fat1 rolled & just watching my girls grow. Lol it's something my bro in-law told me to do sometimes. Plants are very green. Since I put them in soil I haven't noticed any recent nute burn. Which is a good thing. My BB plant does have some brown tips on the fan leaves. But it's only the fan leaves on the lower nodes. My Royal Queen she doesn't have any burn but she is IMO kinda slow. The B.O.S plant well she's holding on. She does however react to feeding very well. So I'm gonna take that as a good sign. Anyway you guys have any suggestions on anything you see plz feel free to give. Thxs

Yeah when the plant reacts well to feeding like they are very hungry feel free to up the nutrients a little bit.

I've been looking into this humidity thing lately & I think I may need to be a lil concern. My temps w/lights on are 77-81degrees & my humidity ranges between 35-41RH. am I in good shape or what? I read that it should be from 40-60RH. if so how do you raise it if I need to? Thanks

But that really isn't too bad and is where my garden tends to live all the time. I am going to fix this later with a humidifier but over all it hasn't been a real issue. It will likely raise as the plants grow larger anyway.

Bob ;)

PS: Sorry for the late reply. Been out and about and without a place to jack in.

Thxs for that Joe I put a bowl of water as I didn't have a bucket. But I will refill the bowl as needed. Today Im just sitting in front of my tent with a fat1 rolled & just watching my girls grow. Lol it's something my bro in-law told me to do sometimes. Plants are very green. Since I put them in soil I haven't noticed any recent nute burn. Which is a good thing. My BB plant does have some brown tips on the fan leaves. But it's only the fan leaves on the lower nodes. My Royal Queen she doesn't have any burn but she is IMO kinda slow. The B.O.S plant well she's holding on. She does however react to feeding very well. So I'm gonna take that as a good sign. Anyway you guys have any suggestions on anything you see plz feel free to give. Thxs

They look pretty happy to me. I was wondering what your RH was when I saw the pics but then saw your post. Some of the odd leaf reaching and curling may be the dry. I have only seen this on younger plants and they tend to get beyond it pretty quick. I would think you are about to see a jump in growth here and they look happy in the soil.

:high-five:

Bob ;)

Thanks Joe & Dr. Bob for confidence. Sitting here today & some other days it feels like I've been growing a long time & my plants should be bigger but in actuality it really hasn't been long at all. Matter of fact it's only been a mere month & a half. I had to get that off my chest. The plant is cool in so many ways. I've been smoking MJ a long time & now that I'm growing I think I like it more. Crazy!!! I am gaining patience tho & I gotta give the plant credit for that also. So big big s/o to the plant. Sorry guys just kinda talkin in my head & writing my thoughts at the same damn time. But this my journal. Lol

Back
Top Bottom