Welcome

This is some nice info that I think could a help few people about pure water.

One of the most crucial elements any budding marijuana plant needs is that of high quality, pure and alkaline water.

To understand the VAST importance water has on your buds, let's take a look at the growing medium.

Inside any growing medium, there is a whole host of beneficial bacteria at any give time. These beneficial microbes produce nutrient rich fertilizer that the plant then uses as powerful nutrition to produce many different parts of the plant. Including, buds, flowers, stems, leaves, intracellular fluid -- you name it!

When you water your buds with tap water, it contains vast amounts of chlorine (as well as many other chemicals), that not only DESTROYS these micro-organism colonies that leave your plants deficient in essential nutrition, but it also creates a very acidic environment for your precious buds! Not to mention the horrible artificial taste!!!!!

People always ask me how I get my buds so big and with and incredible deep, aromatic flavour we all have grown to love & enjoy. I tell them to start with the basics. Lots of light, a great temperature, and of course, WATER!!!!

Reverse Osmosis Blues

So many veteran professionals will turn to Reverse Osmosis Water filtration. This is a great start, BUT, it comes with a caveat.

Reverse Osmosis is a multi-stage filter purification system that strips all the bullshit out your water supply, taking out up to 99.9% of fluoride, chlorine, and any other VOC's as well as harmful sediments and whatnot.

The Problem

1. By stripping out the TRACE MINERALS, you are vastly reducing the enzymatic capabilities of your plant tissue. Without going into too much advanced into Botany here (Oh, my college days.....), I'll just say this for now: certain metabolic processes inside the plant cells only activate when certain trace minerals are present, and ONLY then.

What this means is, if you're zinc deficient in your grow medium, certain "building blocks" of healthy buds will be snoozing. They WONT go into producing incredible jaw-dropping nugs that are sticky and glistening with THC resin crystals!

In nature, whenever a plant is not getting what it needs, it enters into a reserved state of dormancy. Your plant will literally wait and wait and wait until it gets adequate amounts of crucial nutrients until it starts producing big, heavy buds for you!!!!! And some growers never supply their plants with the proper nutrition, right up until Harvest Time!!!!

2. The second reason Reverse Osmosis isn't a complete solution (albeit 1-million times better than tap water) is because it filters the water, sure, but it does absolutely NOTHING for the pH balance of the water.

Municipal water tends to be highly acidic, and reverse osmosis alone WILL NOT buffer the pH and make your water alkaline. To do this from an RO system, I suggest you add on a special filter that re-adds trace minerals back into the water as well as alkalizing your solution.

Many of my students call me up FREAKING OUT at their growth rate yield increase after incorporating this one crucial tip.

I know I said I was gonna send you an update once a week but I needed to ask you about these spots on my leaves. I've had the prob before on my other but the leaves end up dying & just falling off. Is it something specific that I'm putting in or is it something whole? Just to let you know that I started my grow on Feb. 10. Me myself it felt like it was longer than that lol. Are my plants decent size for the time I've been growing?

You notice the smaller of the 3 plants doesn't have the spots. But her leaves are a lil funny tho, they have this curl in them. Not up & down but just twist. been that way since the 1st tru leaves.
image9039.jpg
image9040.jpg

You see the leaf to the bottom. It just yellowed out on me. It has these totally burnt ends also.
image9041.jpg
image9042.jpg
image9043.jpg

If you look at the very tip. It's starting to brown also. I know that's not a good spot to start doing that. Help me...

Her she also has the burn tip thing going on. ⬇️
image9044.jpg
image9045.jpg
image9046.jpg
image9048.jpg

You remember this is the plant that I took the fan leaves off.⬇️ Just sayin if you were curious about the way she looks. Lol. I'm just glad she's alive. ⬇️ She has a lot of under brush growing inside. It puts a smile on my face. But all that under brush is what made me decide & go ahead & cut the fan leaves. I thought it would get better lighting to it. When I get paid I'm buying an 400watts light set up for the HPS & MH bulbs. Right now I don't think my T5 is doing it for me.

For the light you do have its fine growth. Timewise it isnt. The tips are from nutrient burn and your adding to much nutrients causing a nutrient lockout because its messing with the soils ph. You should flush the soil with regular nutrient free water.

The 6th picture looks good its tall and has good growth. Hope it isnt a mail.

No need to ph. Just flush it. Males always grow faster and taller. Its so they can be taller then the females so the pollen can float on the air and fall on to the females. There are tsall females so dont kill the plant or anything.

Joe is right on target on this. I would agree that you may be locking out and need to flush that soil out. What is your feeding schedule that you are following? Be really careful as you ramp up the nutes. What is the PH of your water to start with? I don't mess with mine as it is naturally 6.8 or so.

But the plants look good they just might speed up.

Bob ;)

Just sayin Joe the only reason that 1 plant is taller than the others is because she was born a month & a half before the other ones. Honestly I really think she is female. I was hoping the pics would show you exactly what I see. You may be right but I swear by it that she's a girl. Hoping anyway. Lol. But I will cut the nutes for a week & just feed plain water. Really appreciate you & Dr. Bob helping me out. It's awesome. I looked at them this morn & I must it puts a smile on my face. I germed a few seeds so I will show them when they have sprouted.

Yo Dr. Bob I really don't have an feeding schedule. I go off how the plants look or how the soil looks. If the soil is dry 2-3in deep then I water them. Or if the plants are drooping then I will water them. By yea like I said I really have an feeding schedule. I do have an journal that I write down everything I do. No matter if it's just sitting down with them I write it down. Should I have a routine of like feeding 3 days apart or a week apart. But what if the plant don't need watering & I over water them like I did before. That's 1 of the reasons I got off my regular schedule. Because I had 1 but when I had problems it threw me off.

So today I flushed my plants with the plain water & added fertilizer & lime. I did this right before the lights went out. OMG when I went to check on them after the lights came it was a pretty thing to see. My girls were woke up & perking at me smiling. They are some pretty plants. It feels good.

Hello there GoldMouf. I will pull up a chair and get caught up on your Journal. I will post when I get all caught up.

Alright GoldMouf I am here and caught up on what you got going on. Nice to see your last post with happy plants again. Let me know what ever I can do to help.

Just an lil update before I got to work: so after the plain water flush & from all the plants looking very good after the flush, I wake to the small one having an drooping affect to her.
image9094.jpg
image9095.jpg

She's still greener than green but she looks like an umbrella. She's also a lot shorter than her sister that I planted at the same time. This has taken off like no other.
image9098.jpg
image9099.jpg

And as for my B.O.S plant she's funny. She grows more under bush than growing taller. I have a stick to measure how tall she grows. It is so much under bush. IDK if the pics show it not (sorry).
image9096.jpg
image9097.jpg

So this is where I'm at gotta get a shower & get out to work. And BIG BIG S/O to CO Finest & Cronichemphog for the stop by & the help. Seen you guys grows & it's like a dream to be where you guys are. 1Day at a time...Have a good day growers.

Back
Top Bottom