What is going on here?

Phaaaze

A few days ago I noticed some slight discoloration on my leaves. Nothing looks out of wack but it does concern me! I’ve never had this issue before so i cant properly diagnose them!

Im running them in 5 gallon pots for 90% Coco Coir / 10% Hydroton using General Hydroponics at :
3ML Micro
3ML Gro
1.2ML Bloom
1.5 ML CalMag

Any and all feedback is welcome and appreciated!

5AD8A604-C77E-4FC2-9810-DA4CD0D940DA.jpeg78BFA97E-21CE-4965-9617-5AD68F6AD418.jpeg344C3DC9-028A-4801-B66E-35C6D382F461.jpeg

Attachments

• 11A05F22-3B61-4502-A790-92FFC243C736.jpeg
    11A05F22-3B61-4502-A790-92FFC243C736.jpeg
    829.4 KB · Views: 101
  • D07127DD-F710-4028-9543-CA53A3B02A3B.jpeg
    D07127DD-F710-4028-9543-CA53A3B02A3B.jpeg
    710.3 KB · Views: 86
Remember General Hyrdoponics was recently bought by Hawthorne Gardening which sprouts from Scotts Miracle grow company, and you know they are going to make things differently. They used to be my go to for nutes, but now the quality has dropped probably because Scotts gets a lot of their nasty chemicals to make fertilizer from the worlds leading poison producer Monsanto. I would recommend switching to Fox Farms nutes. or if you want to spend the money Advance Nutrients has good stuff as well.

Could be from having the ph level to high for a while and the problem is now showing, causing nutes lockout or salt build up from improper watering, but you're in coco, you can flush it with 3 times the water and start over with proper ph and nutes strength, go 1/4 strength until the plants show they need some more.

Remember General Hyrdoponics was recently bought by Hawthorne Gardening which sprouts from Scotts Miracle grow company, and you know they are going to make things differently. They used to be my go to for nutes, but now the quality has dropped probably because Scotts gets a lot of their nasty chemicals to make fertilizer from the worlds leading poison producer Monsanto. I would recommend switching to Fox Farms nutes. or if you want to spend the money Advance Nutrients has good stuff as well.
I've had this for a while I don't think it's from the new batch but I'll check!

Could be from having the ph level to high for a while and the problem is now showing, causing nutes lockout or salt build up from improper watering, but you're in coco, you can flush it with 3 times the water and start over with proper ph and nutes strength, go 1/4 strength until the plants show they need some more.
I never thought of that. I'll "Flush" and update! Hopefully this gets sorted soon.

A few days ago I noticed some slight discoloration on my leaves. Nothing looks out of wack but it does concern me! I’ve never had this issue before so i cant properly diagnose them!

Im running them in 5 gallon pots for 90% Coco Coir / 10% Hydroton using General Hydroponics at :
3ML Micro
3ML Gro
1.2ML Bloom
1.5 ML CalMag

Any and all feedback is welcome and appreciated!
What pH are you feeding?

I don't know if I mentioned this thread to you in your journal but check it out, you'll get a ton of information from the first 2 pages, it's an excellent read!

I keep it in my signature too.

Happy growing!

What pH are you feeding?
It's hard to tell honestly because I'm using GH pH test drops. But by eye 5.5 - 6.2

I don't know if I mentioned this thread to you in your journal but check it out, you'll get a ton of information from the first 2 pages, it's an excellent read!

I keep it in my signature too.

Happy growing!

I've read through it and took notes, I did cut my nutes to about 1/4 strength but they started showing signs of deficiency. Could watering too fast be an issue? I usually just pour a cup around the edges ND some on the middle making sure the edges are the wettest but it only takes 5-10 seconds each plant.

It's hard to tell honestly because I'm using GH pH test drops. But by eye 5.5 - 6.2

I've read through it and took notes, I did cut my nutes to about 1/4 strength but they started showing signs of deficiency. Could watering too fast be an issue? I usually just pour a cup around the edges ND some on the middle making sure the edges are the wettest but it only takes 5-10 seconds each plant.
No that should do, I'm currently in bloom doing 2 feeds a day with 2 cups a feed and I'm only at the half recommend strength of the canna coco A & B, I did use @Emilya homemade calmag plus recipe and the plants love it, healthy green leaves. I also used pk 13 14 for one week at the start of bloom, I'm in 3 gallon fabric pots for these photo period plants.

Happy growing!

Also I'm in 3's due to a very limited space that they are currently in, I have a tent but have a few issues, so my auto's are using the tent.

No that should do, I'm currently in bloom doing 2 feeds a day with 2 cups a feed and I'm only at the half recommend strength of the canna coco A & B, I did use @Emilya homemade calmag plus recipe and the plants love it, healthy green leaves. I also used pk 13 14 for one week at the start of bloom, I'm in 3 gallon fabric pots for these photo period plants.

Happy growing!
Each lady gets about a quart and a half of water each feeding. Think I'm gonna cut down to a quart 3x times a day and see how they do coupled with the dial back in nutrients!

Each lady gets about a quart and a half of water each feeding. Think I'm gonna cut down to a quart 3x times a day and see how they do coupled with the dial back in nutrients!
Sounds like a solid plan!

Happy growing!

If you're in coco you want to avoid any dry spots, you need to water to the point of substantial runoff on a regular basis (preferably daily or more on established vigorous plants) to avoid building up salts and the media ph going off.

Back
Top Bottom