What is the cause? New growth looking ugly!

I will check the ppm run off first thing after work Tomorrow. And give u guys a update on the situation.

I greatly apprieciate all the help and knowledge you guys are giving me!

Here is my info and I have been growing with the same numbers for many years. With FFO soil. My R/O water is 7.0 PH and run off is 6.5

I gotta disagree with everyone saying its over watering. The medium is coco and perlite. That would be hard to over water watering twice a day much less once every 2 days.

However feeding every 2 days with nute water as you have been doing would easily cause salt buildup, as well as a lockout from too much nutes or micro nutes being available. PH is also of course possible.

I gotta disagree with everyone saying its over watering. The medium is coco and perlite. That would be hard to over water watering twice a day much less once every 2 days.

However feeding every 2 days with nute water as you have been doing would easily cause salt buildup, as well as a lockout from too much nutes or micro nutes being available. PH is also of course possible.

Yeah, it's coco, so it's probably not over-watering literally, but as you point out, it's the same sort of issue. We're looking at them and thinking that the roots aren't functioning properly in the pots. Too little nutrient uptake is stunting new growth. PH is probably most likely, and pretty easy to check.

Can anybody help with the flush process?

So I flush with plain water ph'd , then I began feeding again in a couple days??

This where I'm confused!

Ok here is flush 101. PH your water at 7.0 (you will need twice the water for the size of your pot). Example.if you have a 5 gallon pot you will need to run 10 gallon of water threw. Then poor slowly (not to over flow your pot). Now it may take 3-4 days to dry out so do not water or feed until soil is dry. That will get rid over your salt and nute build up and you should be good to go to start over. When you start feeding start with 1/4 too 1/2 nute strength and work up form there (depending on how old your plants are and kind of soil). If you are using FFO or a hot soil you will NOT need nutes for about 2 months. So if you are adding nutes with hot soil kiss your plants goodby. Now if you are using R/O or good filtered water you may need to add Cal/Mag For the reason the filters remove it from water. With nutes in soil you should only have to use them one time a week. Anymore you run the risk of two things, Nute burn,Lock out. A good plan to run Is water,water,nutes. I wish you the best.

I would first just run enough water through your coco to get a run off reading, using 6.0. The reason why is if your coco has gone really acidic, say the run off is 5.1, then you should flush with 7.0. Then next time you water, water again with 6.0 and see if the run off is closer to 6.0.

If you have a tds meter, also check PPMs of the runoff. If you put in plain water and get a high PPM run off, you can be pretty sure you have salt build up.

I always flush with 1tsp of epsom salts per gallon of water. It helps with stress. It helps remove salt build up. It helps roots start to uptake nutes again.

Back
Top Bottom