Help with my photoperiod seedling please!

UltraEndurance420

Hello all! I’d like some experienced growers to weigh in on an issue I’m having growing in coco. I’ve had a few great runs in coco but now It’s happened twice in a row and I’m rather frustrated.

Im growing in Mother Earth coco with 20-30% perlite indoors 2x4. The strain is Crumpets con Limón by Fire Farm Genetics, photo’s. Nutrient line is gen hydroponics flora series plus armor si, diamond nectar, calmag, and yucca powder. Temps around 72-75, humidity 55% or so. Light is a Mars hydro tsl2000 turned down to 20%. Germinated in paper towel and then planted in a cup with many drain holes. Fast germination, 24hrs. After 4-5 days above ground, I gave about 40ml of 200ppm daily, which gives adequate runoff. I pH it to 5.8ish. My tap water is 80ppm and I dechlorinate it first.

It grows fine until the fourth set of leaves starts to emerge and then nearly comes to a halt, I start to see interveinal chlorosis, the tips of the first true leaves turn a greyish color and start to wrinkle. And I see some yellowing around the margins of the second and third set of leaves.

I’ve researched and it’s just hard to nail down the problem as a new grower and it being a seedling. Molybdenum, magnesium, iron, zinc seem that they can all cause IV chlorosis when deficient.

I should add, I was using advanced nutrients pH perfect with checking pH on my great coco runs. I used it on the previous crumpets grow and this happened. I had already transplanted to 5gal fabric. I flushed with 15gal of pHd water from walmart and resumed light feed and still no help. After no growth for 4-5 days after flushing, and the plant was leaning to the side when I came home, I plucked it out of the coco and decided to start over with gen hydroponics, checking my pH. And here we go againnnnn.

The picture is in the window only for good lighting to show the problems. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

B624516D-BF31-4D78-8C64-BF3ADF512103.jpeg

F8464D84-771A-4F4C-87E3-A9A97CE75529.jpeg

AAF97D62-CAB5-4100-8178-CBF119390522.jpeg

You somehow have a Potassium lockout, possibly too much Phosphorous or Iron which is interfering with Magnesium uptake. CaMg is useless without K so you need to find a way of bumping that up - wood ash dissolved in water, or as a top dressing are easy ways that work within a day or two
@copperrein used Turpinator (I think) as it is almost just K

You somehow have a Potassium lockout, possibly too much Phosphorous or Iron which is interfering with Magnesium uptake. CaMg is useless without K so you need to find a way of bumping that up - wood ash dissolved in water, or as a top dressing are easy ways that work within a day or two
Thank you for the info.

I did! It worked, too. (thank you @Squiggle )

I'll take a different tack, maybe consider you are over watering/feeding. I say this because you mention you have multiple failures with different plants while using the same media and feeding products. Try a 2 day or 3 day water/feeding schedule so the coco dries out a little. Keeping the roots soaked everyday denies them oxygen. Also check the calibration of your PH pen.

Back
Top Bottom