What Kind Of Bug Is This? Friend Or Foe?

Yes, they stink, bad. You don't need to squish it to smell it, you just have to agitate it so it feels threatened. Also, they eat vegetation and are one of the causes of crop failure. I absolutely despise those muther lovers.

You got it,VG !

Not to be confused with the beneficial stink bud. They eat larvae of other things you don't want crawling on your plants. I'd still get rid of it, because they friggin stink. And the stink doesn't go away when the bug is dead or gone (or both). It lingers on anything the bug touched. Jeeze, I need to stop reading this thread. I'm having violent flashbacks of an infestation of those muthers in my attic.

Yeah, I just saw the 2. Then after I found out they like to eat cannabis, I went back and there were about a dozen of them on my clone! I grabbed the plant and put it in the shower and gave it a good rinse, then shook it in the bathtub to get them off. Put it in the light and still found about 6 more. Gonna keep it away from the tent until I'm sure they're gone. I must have lucked out and discovered them shortly after hatching, as there are absolutely none (that I can see) on the mother plant that was about 12" from the clone in the tent.

Yeah, I just saw the 2. Then after I found out they like to eat cannabis, I went back and there were about a dozen of them on my clone! I grabbed the plant and put it in the shower and gave it a good rinse, then shook it in the bathtub to get them off. Put it in the light and still found about 6 more. Gonna keep it away from the tent until I'm sure they're gone. I must have lucked out and discovered them shortly after hatching, as there are absolutely none (that I can see) on the mother plant that was about 12" from the clone in the tent.
Little bastards!! Good luck CC. Keep on them.

there were about a dozen of them on my clone!
Like the late Rosanne Rosanadanna used to say "It just goes to show you,it's always something"
If it's not nanners showing up,it's bugs trying to eat your plants...

Thanks for this journal, @carcass . You are rocking it. Now get that neem oil.

Thanks for trying to keep me straight. Others have tried as well. :)

Well, @CrazyChef , you are rocking it here and @carcass is rocking it in his journal, which I will eventually post in one fine day to tell him. :D

So the clone went back into the tent last night, and after a good inspection this morning it seems the stinkbug babies are gone. The messed up part is that I actually saw the mom stinkbug a week earlier and had gotten rid of her. I guess she (obviously) had time to lay her eggs before I got rid of her.

At any rate, I can only see damage on 4 sets of fan leaves. Should I trim them off the plant or continue to let them suck in light for the time being?

Glad you caught them while they are still nymphs. Can you imagine even a couple getting to reproduce?
I would leave the leaves for now. The first to go during defol.

Glad you caught them while they are still nymphs. Can you imagine even a couple getting to reproduce?
I would leave the leaves for now. The first to go during defol.
Yeah, a couple of breeding pairs would be detrimental to a grow! I plan on a final defol in about 2 weeks (flipped to 12/12 about a week ago), so I guess I'll just leave 'em for now.

At least they didn't eat much before their demise-good thing
you caught them when you did...
I had no idea stinkbugs ate plants-but the ones we have around here are about an inch long,and black-I don't know what their nymphs look like,but I do know you don't want to accidentally step on one in the kitchen....first hand experience with that...

Back
Top Bottom