What should my next light be?

SommerVirelli

I realize if I asked 100 people, I’d get 100 different answers. I’ve been doing a lot of serious research and comparison of dozens of LEDs. I think I know which one I’m getting, but just in good fun, from the 4 lights I’ve narrowed it down to, which light would you get? Any first hand experience is welcome too! Any one of these would be a welcomed upgrade from the 600w HID setup I’ve been running for the last 4 years.

Optic 6 Gen 3: $649. 605w. 3000K/5000K spectrum. 1616 umol/s.
Made with Cree and Bridgelux diodes. Pros: cheapest light on the list. Cons: too many bad reviews saying lights burn out after only a short time.

Crecer PanthrX: $720. 620w. Full spectrum white w/red. 1492 umol/s. Custom Osram diodes. Pros: meets all of my needs. Cons: none really, other than I would like to see it consume less power from the wall with a better efficacy.

HLG 600-H: $732. 620w. 3500K w/ red. 1525 umol/s. Samsung quantum boards. Pros: saves money as a DIY kit. Cons: being a DIY kit, it comes with only a 1 year warranty.

Optic 4XL: $849. 460w. Full spectrum w/ IR and UVA. 1660 umol/s. Cree and Osram diodes. Pros: lowest power consumption on the list with biggest light output. Cons: most expensive on the list.

Hlg ftw! They might have refurbished fixtures in some of the sites for extra savings. I think Erik at led grow lights depot would give you a 420 discount. Just some good for thought.
Not sure if the referbs are on there or the HLG site.

Love my HLG320xl. A friend has the 550v2 and is doing well with it. So I will vote for the HLG.
I concur
I also have the HLG320XL
Believe me, it absolutely rocks
I have it on one side of my 5X5
On the other side I have 2 X HLG260XW's
You can't go wrong when you pick Quantum Board setups
True, they cost a little more, but you'll thank yourself in the long run
I don't recommend Mars Hydro at all
If you're going to do LED, do it right the first time

QB for the win...hands down

And the new ones with red are bomb diggity for flowering

I hope they release the 132 and 120 bds with the Red soon...

Back
Top Bottom