Which Breeders Are You Using?

I wish I could sort out my credit card and get some beans... On a good note? sour blueberry I grew, I found two seeds on bottom branch fluffy bud near the stem. She was a big girl and I'm surprised only two and there. It makes me think that it won't have hermaphroditic traits or rather will have a ending self seeding trait more than hermaphrodite. Temperatures were extremely cold last few weeks which could have been a cause for this??

You could likely grow some decent bud from them, but I still avoid self seeding traits like the plague. Monoecious strains were bred for fiber production, you don't want plants with Monoecious traits. Buy some good genetics from a reputable breeder or reputable company and make seeds from there.

So far I try to get strains from the breeders who originally bred it, but at the moment I'm growing newly bred auto's so there's not a long lineage for these strains.
For my next grow I'm gonna grow photo's and I'm gonna use seeds from imo older established breeders like Dutch Passion, Barney's Farm, Nirvana and Sensi.

I have had good luck with Dinafem with their Dinachem, Right now I must say that I am impressed with Auto Seeds. I currently have their Auto Pounder, Auto pounder with Cheese, Berry Ryder and Candy Kush growing outside. All are doing well. Some are doing exceptionally well. I have a couple of AP and APC that are 5 6 weeks old and are over 3 feet tall and flowering up like a rich man's funeral! I have a couple of their Kandy Kush that are in that ball park also. I have had consistent problems with Canuck Seeds and I have had low germination rates with Flash Seeds and Barneys. I think that any normal garden seed supplier that had germination rates below 85-90 percent would not sell that seed lot. I have had both Barneys and Flash seeds with germination percentages of 20 % and less! That is absolutely unacceptable at any price let alone what they charge for beans.
Heck I can't go home until I get my Mom's 2 prize milk cows back from Barney's and Flash Seeds!

So far I try to get strains from the breeders who originally bred it, but at the moment I'm growing newly bred auto's so there's not a long lineage for these strains.
For my next grow I'm gonna grow photo's and I'm gonna use seeds from imo older established breeders like Dutch Passion, Barney's Farm, Nirvana and Sensi.

I have always had a thing about Auto's mostly because they were new, but if you think about it they are not so new anymore, they have been around for a while now.

Breeding plants is an art, the plants express the traits the artist desires to express, much like choosing colours on a painting, or notes in a composition. When speaking of Autos there is Only one trait that makes it Auto flowering, it comes from the Ruderalis plant, granted in some instances that trait most likely will be linked to another for the most part it is better to think of a new strain as a compilation of many things that have evolved over many hundreds of thousands of years rather than new and untested, it is rather the breeder that will make the most desirable selections based on there desire.

That is why you can observe Cannabis in so many different settings, so many different expressions, much the same as Art, so many expressions but always the same thousand year old canvas. :)

I think when looking at the business Optics of Cannabis seeds, it is always better to have a return customer, female seeds will do this, Auto's will do this as well because they can be difficult to breed due to the requirement of either a large seed stock to start or tools to feminize seeds.

Got some bubba kush coming, medicann.

I like HSO, they produce mostly feminized seeds as they self the original clones, but anything you buy is top notch, and you can get 10-20 seeds to select the pheno you're most interested in. Then I use some specific breeders/sellers who offer landrace sativas. Most recommended come Ace Seeds and Cannabiogen, hard to go wrong with these Spaniards.

P
I have had good luck with Dinafem with their Dinachem, Right now I must say that I am impressed with Auto Seeds. I currently have their Auto Pounder, Auto pounder with Cheese, Berry Ryder and Candy Kush growing outside. All are doing well. Some are doing exceptionally well. I have a couple of AP and APC that are 5 6 weeks old and are over 3 feet tall and flowering up like a rich man's funeral! I have a couple of their Kandy Kush that are in that ball park also. I have had consistent problems with Canuck Seeds and I have had low germination rates with Flash Seeds and Barneys. I think that any normal garden seed supplier that had germination rates below 85-90 percent would not sell that seed lot. I have had both Barneys and Flash seeds with germination percentages of 20 % and less! That is absolutely unacceptable at any price let alone what they charge for beans.
Heck I can't go home until I get my Mom's 2 prize milk cows back from Barney's and Flash Seeds!

Flash Seeds is the chap formerly known as Kush van Stitch. Caveat emptor......do your research before throwing your dosh at fly by nighters.

Bapple, I guess this is why I started the thread, to find the more reputable. I said I didn't want to know which to keep away from only which you use, but that's the idea. I didn't want it to be negative with everybody bagging breeders, but I want to know where to spend my money and where not too :) Even after you saying do your research, I've googled his name, company's, nothing negative to throw anybody off ( google/iphone not best search tools) so maybe I should have also said which breeders to keep clear of and why... Hope your well and giving those girls the tlc they deserve, lol...

Hey Bapple luckily I didn't have to lay out any cash for those seeds were given to me by one of our sponsors as freebies. But still 20 % germination rate isn't good. I absolutely see your point Griz. I just think that we as growers should know what to realistically expect. We are not buying truly hybridized seed from anyone that I am aware of. I just got done reading a great study on hybrid corn development out in Illinois. It's a time consuming laborious process.

So now I may be addicted to buying seeds, anybody? 20+ years I've grown bag seed, never even knew you could buy seeds, lol... Got some spiritual punk from samsara and black dream from eva (never heard of, anybody grown Eva seeds?) coming now.. Already got next order in mind, lol....

So now I may be addicted to buying seeds, anybody? 20+ years I've grown bag seed, never even knew you could buy seeds, lol... Got some spiritual punk from samsara and black dream from eva (never heard of, anybody grown Eva seeds?) coming now.. Already got next order in mind, lol....

Haha I can't even get on the seed bank websites until I have money set aside for seeds. And I always spend more than I have put away for them. Seeds are alot of fun, esp once you find the right pheno and then you can keep it for years!

My last order I went with Reefer Man, Rare Dankness, and DNA.

I always have problems with THseeds

That seed buying addiction is a real thing there should be a 10 step program for us the afflicted :rofl:

But seriously, I buy lots of seeds, cos when the opportunity arises to buy seeds, the supreme leader and I always take it as we are both convinced that as soon as the powers that be figure out a way to carve up the marijuana growing industry among themselves, the sale and availability of seeds to the general public will be restricted/banned and will therefore go underground again.

That's our story and we are sticking to it :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rollit::rollit::allgood:

Hello Grizz

I am a first time grower so my experience is highly limited but thought I would chime in anyway. It might help other first timers.

I have 4 strains from Bomb Seeds and with the success I have had will definitely be trying more of their strains.

I planted 25 seeds (all fems) and had 20 successful plants. The 5 that didn't make it, who knows, could be beginner error LOL

The 4 THC Bomb were planted on March 22 and grown under CFLs (25 x 23w) until I received my Mars II 900. Two of them are sill under the LED and in their 2nd week of flower. One was put outside mid-May as I was unsure the sex. The 4th (Big Mamma) was grown under the M2 900 until she was too tall for the space (approx. 30", she was never cut or trained) and then put outside late May. As of today, Big Mamma is now 62" tall and bushy.

I was told by the breeder that the THC Bombs would be between 5 and 6 feet tall. I think Big Mamma is going to be the exception

All that have had an experience are encouraged to post here Celt. Thankyou for doing so!!
Sounds awesome Celt.. Your going to get a hell of a lot of meds off of them girls. Watch for prying eyes now.. I looked at hash bomb for outside later this year. Want to grow a plant that will all go to the bubble bags....

Thanks Grizz

Most of my girls are well out of sight of prying eyes EXCEPT for Big Mamma. I have built a raised garden in front of her and a few others and have corn started in front of them to help camouflage them ;)

I am thinking Ice Bomb, Kush Bomb, Widow Bomb and their CBD Bomb if available for my next grow as well as any of the 1st 4 that help with my pain

Back
Top Bottom