Wild Strain From The Midwest

As a fan of burning the flower raw, I hope you don't convert all of it to oil. That weed is begging to burned up in it's natural state. Oil, schmoil. Flavor up, in homage.

Damn, I wish you had another month of warm fall weather. I'm not ready for it to end yet!
I honestly think I can go to mid Nov. If I can get past the next 3 days!
It's fucking chilly out there right now. And I don't dare open the gh.

If anything, these ladies have showed me they can throw down! So if any plant could weather 38° it's them! Lol

I honestly think I can go to mid Nov. If I can get past the next 3 days!
It's fucking chilly out there right now. And I don't dare open the gh.

If anything, these ladies have showed me they can throw down! So if any plant could weather 38° it's them! Lol
I was told plants go dormant (if left outside) past Halloween. I'll be all done by then, only 2 weeks away.

Cheers

I was told plants go dormant (if left outside) past Halloween. I'll be all done by then, only 2 weeks away.

Cheers
Yeah, I think that's because the temp usually dips too low. The way it's looking though, as long as outside temps are above 40°, I'm in the 50s in the gh for most the night.
It's just more work opening and closing the vent and messing with the fans.

F3 is coming down tomorrow or Sunday.

I want to grow F1 out as long as possible though.

Thanks man! That's incredibly gracious of you. I don't yet, i never got a chance to grab a scope. I'll try when the wife gets home. We have a dinner tonight so it will most likely be tomorrow.
Is it bad that I kinda want them to be a little cloudy?? I'm having too much fun growing them.

I am so glad you said something.

420-magazine-mobile1155066122.jpg

If I can get past this weekend I'm ok until November 1, at least (all I can see extended forecast)

I urge you to do an earlier hvst, at least partial. Pretty well documented in weed lore that "trippiness," flavor, and energy level can decline with time.

I'd take it with a grain of salt, but having got into the custom of doing early-ish harvests, partly out of being conservative & getting an "insurance" harvest, I can say definitively that earlier harvests are often stonier & taste better, much better & much stonier.

There's a lot more to it than plant age, trichomes, etc.

We exist in the lap of the cosmos,

I urge you to do an earlier hvst, at least partial. Pretty well documented in weed lore that "trippiness," flavor, and energy level can decline with time.

I'd take it with a grain of salt, but having got into the custom of doing early-ish harvests, partly out of being conservative & getting an "insurance" harvest, I can say definitively that earlier harvests are often stonier & taste better, much better & much stonier.

Fine line to walk though. Early harvest is smaller, and does not cure well. I'd consider cutting at 6 to 7 weeks (just pulled 2/9) 35 to 42 days on a 60 day strain, but I feel those last 18 days add volume and size. Outdoor is a different game. I'm not used to cutting green plants.

Cheers

I'm taking one down this weekend.
As to the "trippiness", that's do to an early harvest right? Because THC is more prevalent than the other cannabinoids, or some other scientific hoo haa?

That's the whole reason I have an indoor auto flower setup too!

Specks of sand, we are.

Fine line to walk though. Early harvest is smaller, and does not cure well. I'd consider cutting at 6 to 7 weeks (just pulled 2/9) 35 to 42 days on a 60 day strain, but I feel those last 18 days add volume and size. Outdoor is a different game. I'm not used to cutting green plants.

Cheers
Spot on! The last 2-3 weeks are so crucial!

I'm taking one down this weekend.
As to the "trippiness", that's do to an early harvest right? Because THC is more prevalent than the other cannabinoids, or some other scientific hoo haa?

That's the whole reason I have an indoor auto flower setup too!

Specks of sand, we are.

That's the hoo-haa, but it's what the smoke indicates, too. When I've been able to go fairly late into fall, my earlier "insurance" harvests are sometimes the tastiest & stoniest. But, I often don't get to go late due to mold, etc.

But you'll have fine weed from those beautiful plants, regardless.

Well done & am looking fwd to the smoke report.

That's the hoo-haa, but it's what the smoke indicates, too. When I've been able to go fairly late into fall, my earlier "insurance" harvests are sometimes the tastiest & stoniest. But, I often don't get to go late due to mold, etc.

But you'll have fine weed from those beautiful plants, regardless.

Well done & am looking fwd to the smoke report.

Well we are gonna find out soon!!! I'm pulling one today!! I'm sure I won't be able to use all of it for fresh harvest oil, so I will definitely have some tasty nugs to test!!!

Thanks for the kind words and advice!!

It's been cooler at nights, but my trichs show no amber, and I WANT the narcotic stone. Good for sleeping a longtime. KK is known for that. My NYC Diesel might come down tomorrow, but the Kosher Kush guys have a way to go. The Diesel colas are nice! KK makes smaller but numerous colas. Weekend before halloween is the witching hour! #ChopDemBuds

Lookin' good!

So I had some developments in the GH. Broke the top half of a branch, from F1, being clumsy
Went ahead an have been drying it, should be ready tomorrow.

420-magazine-mobile1059147281.jpg

Also, while watering F1 I managed to find these
420-magazine-mobile888386469.jpg

I cannot find the nanners anywhere..... But oh well, I have a clone from F3 and seeds from F1! That's pretty rad

F3 got plain water today, F1 got big bud and big bloom. I wanted to stay away from the N.

That is pretty cool, though surprising. Should be fun to grow it again.

There's a slight poss. that the pollen might not have been from your plants--always a chance that one insect with just a bit of pollen found its way in.

Coupla years ago, I found a coupla seeds in one clone I grew & I was pretty vigilant in search for nanners throughout the grow. It happens.

Been thinking about growing for seeded colas next yr, but growing outdoors, I've got some reluctance, since it's got the potential for causing disappointment w/ other grows--don't think there are any in my 'hood, but it's legal to do, & one never knows.

That is going to be one long-awaited smoke report!
Well wait no longer!!

Got impatient (go figure) and broke it up. Rolled a pinner and went at it. Well it was dry enough for a J.....but it was totally dry enough for my chillum!!

The trichs on this were only 50/50 cloudy/clear, so I wasn't expecting a whole lot. It definitely has THC in it.
It was focused, very cerebral, and radiated throughout my body.
After the first chillum pack I felt very floaty.
After the second, I became incredibly focused and energized. That's when I began this.
Now I feel good. My body, just feels, good. Lol
Really energetic (surely do to ripeness as well)

Either way, I believe I'm going to be very happy with it.

It's smelling almost haze like in the GH now!

Back
Top Bottom