Wild Strain From The Midwest

That's one sizable mom with some serious knuckle!

Glad you're loving it because you're gonna have a LOT of it :slide: All worth it in the end. Gotta be a huge relief.
It's really exciting!! I was really disheartened there for a little while.

I'm also excited I got such an effect, since this was so unripe.

F3 is completely cloudy. Should be Amber in a week or two (hopefully)
Gonna make some super fire fresh harvest oil!!!

Thanks for the initial smoke report. I'm not surprised that it provides a nice effect. I'm curious how it tastes once you get a proper cure.

But, regardless, a very cool grow, plus w/ your clone (which looks GREAT) & seed you'll be able to get this strain down, growing-wise.

Awesome journal!

Thanks for the initial smoke report. I'm not surprised that it provides a nice effect. I'm curious how it tastes once you get a proper cure.

But, regardless, a very cool grow, plus w/ your clone (which looks GREAT) & seed you'll be able to get this strain down, growing-wise.

Awesome journal!
I'm really curious as well. This still contained nutrients and lots of chlorophyll so was very harsh, but to be expected.

The smell is phenomenal.

I'm going to try and keep a couple of short plants (of that's possible with this strain lol) and really try to get some good nugs.

I'm already trying to figure out how I'm gonna a talk the wife into another tent and a growant light for flower......

I need to hit the lotto lol

And thanks for the compliment on the journal!

I searched on the interwebs for days trying to find someone that grew out 'ditchweed', it's surprisingly hard and I never found a completed account.

I had a lot of questions that I needed answered! Haha
Although this season would have been tits for some established genes, I'm glad I grew her out. It's been an incredibly humbling experience.
It also really helped me get back in touch with my passion.

It was interesting processing the possibility that this could be an absolutely fruitless venture.
That point was when I really knew growing cannabis was what I want to do.

Low and behold, lady sativa seemingly blessed me with a plant from yesteryear.

Can you imagine how many amazing strains have been lost simply because they weren't "ideal" to grow???

People seem to always be needing the next best thing.
It's a shame when fulfilling that need, causes you to forget the old best thing.

In cannabis, people have spent decades literally culling out other cannabinoids, in a quest for high THC.
Before knowing how they work, we may have lost the most important compounds.

I read that THCv can help with sugar absorbtion. If that's the case, people with type 1 could take that instead of a pill to help with their body accept insulin.

We have a system in our body for these compounds.
I hope we get the chance to unlock it........

And to tie that in.....I hope to get my plant tested to see what cannabinoids she holds!

Monday musings

I strongly agree with all you've posted. Your venture went straight into the lap of the cosmos. Nothing better than rolling the dice w/no clear payout out of curiosity and passion.

With all the new strains, we've probably lost an awful lot of important genetics, or at least buried them in a haystack of designer strains, before we even found out what these ancient strains hold, especially if grown properly.

For sure, it's not just THC content or CBD, either, for that matter, but the whole plant's way of working.

It's one of the reasons I'm going to try to grow seeded, next year: not just for the seeds, but to smoke seeded weed again. W/ the sensimillia kick (for good reason), I'm interested in trying seeded tops again. It for sure has a different makeup & some of the stoniest stuff I ever smoked was seeded strains from yesteryear (particularly some Kona & Oaxacan from the 70s). Full on trippy stuff, that sticks in my mind, some 40 yrs hence, because it was so fundamentally different than anything I run into now.

Others would disagree, but I find a certain sameness in most of what I run across these days, whether grown by durn fine homefarmers or picked up in a legal dispensary.

And this may sound stupid, but I think it'd be interesting to smoke tops from plants that have completed their lifecycle completely rather than being "frustrated" by human manipulation into seedlessness.

But most important are efforts that lead us to some new vista, rather than simple production for consumption.

Your journal really reminded me of all that & has kindled my interest in going off the rails w/ my grow next year!

Thanks for all your work, not only growing this "ditchweed" but documenting the experience!

I'm really curious as well. This still contained nutrients and lots of chlorophyll so was very harsh, but to be expected.

The smell is phenomenal.

I'm going to try and keep a couple of short plants (of that's possible with this strain lol) and really try to get some good nugs.

I think it's also possible to train those progeny more, now that you know. Might take some heavy handed topping, but I think it's possible.

The Mexican brickweed that I grew in the days of yore wanted to climb, but I had to top it massively--no choice, highly illegal then. It was just desperation, really, but it worked out--the plants finished at a height of about 2 ft (1) and about 3 feet wide, with enough sense tops to fill several shoeboxes (literally, I knew nothing about curing) of very stony sense colas so strong that took 3 of us (all heavy consumers) several months to burn through it. A somewhat isolated case of dumb expediency leading to a lesson & a payout.

but you'll find out!

I strongly agree with all you've posted. Your venture went straight into the lap of the cosmos. Nothing better than rolling the dice w/no clear payout out of curiosity and passion.

With all the new strains, we've probably lost an awful lot of important genetics, or at least buried them in a haystack of designer strains, before we even found out what these ancient strains hold, especially if grown properly.

For sure, it's not just THC content or CBD, either, for that matter, but the whole plant's way of working.

It's one of the reasons I'm going to try to grow seeded, next year: not just for the seeds, but to smoke seeded weed again. W/ the sensimillia kick (for good reason), I'm interested in trying seeded tops again. It for sure has a different makeup & some of the stoniest stuff I ever smoked was seeded strains from yesteryear (particularly some Kona & Oaxacan from the 70s). Full on trippy stuff, that sticks in my mind, some 40 yrs hence, because it was so fundamentally different than anything I run into now.

Others would disagree, but I find a certain sameness in most of what I run across these days, whether grown by durn fine homefarmers or picked up in a legal dispensary.

And this may sound stupid, but I think it'd be interesting to smoke tops from plants that have completed their lifecycle completely rather than being "frustrated" by human manipulation into seedlessness.

But most important are efforts that lead us to some new vista, rather than simple production for consumption.

Your journal really reminded me of all that & has kindled my interest in going off the rails w/ my grow next year!

Thanks for all your work, not only growing this "ditchweed" but documenting the experience!
I'm glad it stoked something inside you!!

The ride isn't over though! Minus the moisture, temps are gonna be in the 50s at night for the next bit, looks like we might make it to November!

While we're on the topic of seeded dope from the early years, the only thing I ever smoked had seeds in it (and stems!). Double album covers and upside down frisbees were the cleaning method of choice. Maybe finally saw sensimilla once or twice in college but I thought the only advantage was the stuff just didn't need to be cleaned! Had no idea it was "better" in any other way.

And while seeded dope was cheap and we smoked a lot of it at one sitting (saw Edgar Winter and White Trash at the Felt Forum where three of us smoked 6 joints, and have about a 5 second of memory of anything that happened at the concert) we loved the high we were getting. It was all happy and friendly and hungry.

I'm talking about the early to late 70s. It wasn't until 1981 that I got a taste of the new higher-THC dope before we went to see Heavy Metal (the movie). Not knowing any better I smoked it like it was the old stuff and ended up feeling like shit in the morning. That's when I gave up dope thinking it just no longer agreed with me. Wasn't until about 2005 that I found out it had been new-fangled dope and I should have stuck with 2 hits!
[/hijack]

3 finger lids for $20. 4 paper joints if there was more than 2 of you. Smok'em down till they burnt your fingers then hand it to the hardcore fuckwad to eat the roach.

3 finger lids for $20. 4 paper joints if there was more than 2 of you. Smok'em down till they burnt your fingers then hand it to the hardcore fuckwad to eat the roach.

Yep.

But my interest in growing seeded isn't a matter of nostalgia, but more a look to the future.

Didn't get to pulling F3 this week.
The rain is her for good, time to pull.
Heading to Chicago, then I'm gonna snatch her up Sunday or Monday. Then probably pull F1 next weekendish

Looking fwd to another smoke report on that one.

Rain's definitely here to stay.

Back
Top Bottom