Winter Hash - First Attempt - Help!

greenjeans

Hey Folks - I know it's not cold enough today but I wanted to do a shake down cruise...get it??? - Shake Down!!!! Oh Man, I crack myself up!!!! :rofl::rofl::thedoubletake::rofl::rofl:
Anyway, I wanted to get the kinks out before the real cold arrives and it's great to have a project!!
So heres my box...
DSCF5139.JPG

I have, 1/2" mesh, for breaking down, 1/4" for further breaking down - I actually run it thru a 1/4" first - I probably don't need that 1/2" - then window screen and finally silk screen mesh...and that goes into the tray shown here. (I picked out the sawdust)
DSCF5137.JPG

And that came down to this...
DSCF5147.JPG

I'm a bit surprised at the yield - more than I expected considering I didn't use much weed so far and didn't shake it near enough - maybe 2 minutes ..... Once the real cold is here and I'm set up I'll shake longer.
So now it is sitting on a piece of mirror on a heated surface - 43C - 110 F....
So what do I do now? Just keep rolling together til it forms a ball?? Do I need more/less heat?? Do I need to press it with force??
I think I have 200 mesh silk screen which translates to 74 microns - does that sound proper???

So what do I do now? Just keep rolling together til it forms a ball?? Do I need more/less heat?? Do I need to press it with force??
Yes . more heat makes it gooier but also vapes off more cannabinoids. Yes force & heat

So slow low heat ( not much more than 150f )& pressure need to keep folding to get good consistency.
I think I have 200 mesh silk screen which translates to 74 microns - does that sound proper???
yes
Anoither weird question - Are the triches just on the outside!!!!!! I've never checked!!!! Is there any need to break the nuggs down or just throw them around and the triches break off?? :hmmmm: :hmmmm::hmmmm:
Don't break them down to much or you will get more plant matter. also, I always wash mine after a shake

Hey guys!! I'm glad I did my test run and I have made a few tweeks and I also broke down and just had to give the hash a whirl....woooooweeee!!!! Considering it was last years, dried out, not the optimal quality scruffy weed this stuff packed a pretty good punch. I am now waiting for Friday morning...supposed to be cold as hell. I'm hoping I can be all set up and ready to shake.
I also made a little tube press. I'll get a pic. Nothing fancy, I just use it in the vice.
Thanx @Joe Brewster - I'm hoping I'm on the right track!!!! :thumb:

I am now waiting for Friday morning...supposed to be cold as hell.
Something I've never done...look forward to cold weather- and I know you mean real cold 🥶
not this stuff we Californians call cold....:)

So just in honour of my new found love of Hash!!!!! I made some new pipes!!!!! :thumb:
The most fun is trying out each new modification!!!!!! Not much is new other than for hash I have three little holes circling the divet that hold the hash. My thinking is less chance of sucking in a glowing ember.
I'm thinkin' I'll try one with a swivel top lid that may hold the smoke will waiting for the next puff!!! :hmmmm:
DSCF5151.JPG

DSCF5149.JPG
Also, here is the little tube press that I use in the vice. It is about an inch in diameter.
DSCF5153.JPG

OK minus 25 C, two pairs of pants, balaclava, rubber boots (bad choice) extra vest.....ready to shake!!!!! :yahoo:
So I ran this stuff thru a couple of times...
I took this pic at noon when I was done...temps on the rise!!!!
DSC05738.JPG
DSC05733.JPG

DSC05734.JPG

DSC05737.JPG

I will modify my junk a little and will make a more substantial press.
And I will wait and shake this stuff a couple of more times - I don't think I got everything - I probably should smoke a little of what is left just to check!!!
So I'm calling this a success :yahoo: considering that I was going to compost it !!! Yay Hash!!!!
:thedoubletake::ciao:Better me than the worms!!!:ciao::thedoubletake:

I find that they fall to the bottom of the bag. I just let them collect in the corner & dump then out before they warm up. There may be some fine dust stuck on the inside, I have never bothered with it. Was happy with the amount I pour out
turn it inside out and sweep??
That or lick it. :rofl:

.temps on the rise!!!!
I can see the mercury literally racing up to zero!🥶

Half an oz. of hash?
That sort of makes freezing your booty off worth it!

Damn...you done good, greenjeans!:thumb:

Oh WAIT, you guys....now to preface this...I want a pic back of @Joe Brewster rolling his eyes :thedoubletake: .....
She's ready to roll - get it "ROLL"... Oh Man, I crack myself up!!!!!:rofl:
6.5" square by 12" long, roughly...I put 1/4" metal mesh on first to take the brunt of the force of the weed falling as it tumbles, then my silk screen mesh on last. This little thing turns so effortlessly!!! It will be fun once I get another -25 C day to run the stuff thru again to see what kind of yield I get. I know I didn't shake it near long enough the first 2 runs.
DSC05740.JPG

DSC05743.JPG
DSC05747.JPG

DSC05746.JPG

But I must say...Thank you @Joe Brewster for all your guidance...now if I can just master all the science, soil, chemistry stuff...I'm no Rocket Surgeon!!!:hmmmm: I will feel like I am getting somewhere!!!!:thedoubletake:

Back
Top Bottom