New to Growing

mikrom

Hey guys I am new to growing in general and decided to start with coco because it seemed the neatest.

Anyways i've tried a few runs now and kinda suck at it so I'm curious what people are feeding at as far as pH.

And if I'm using Botanicare Pure Blend Pro Grow & Bloom (soil), Cal-Mag, & Liquid karma, anyone have advice on a feed schedule? what about mixing nutrients like grow & bloom at some point to get a better NPK ratio?

some info - planting in 3gal pots, final growth is about 3 feet tall. using RO water, adding nutrients, then pH up to about 5.9-6.0
watering to run off every time usually every 2 days. i've been monitoring run off PH and EC, which is also part of my curious questions. What is ideal for run off? some i've heard say it doesn't matter to check run off, but of course i feel it's important. i heard that if you feed in and get out the same EC it should mean that's the right level for nutrients. I really want to make sure i'm feeding them properly.

Anyways, any help is greatly appreciated. Ill continue to look through journals in my quest to grow the best juicest flowers. I will probably add some pictures to get some help also Thanks in advance!! :thanks:

-Mikrom :Namaste:

Hey guys I am new to growing in general and decided to start with coco because it seemed the neatest.

Anyways i've tried a few runs now and kinda suck at it so I'm curious what people are feeding at as far as pH.

And if I'm using Botanicare Pure Blend Pro Grow & Bloom (soil), Cal-Mag, & Liquid karma, anyone have advice on a feed schedule? what about mixing nutrients like grow & bloom at some point to get a better NPK ratio?

some info - planting in 3gal pots, final growth is about 3 feet tall. using RO water, adding nutrients, then pH up to about 5.9-6.0
watering to run off every time usually every 2 days. i've been monitoring run off PH and EC, which is also part of my curious questions. What is ideal for run off? some i've heard say it doesn't matter to check run off, but of course i feel it's important. i heard that if you feed in and get out the same EC it should mean that's the right level for nutrients. I really want to make sure i'm feeding them properly.

Anyways, any help is greatly appreciated. Ill continue to look through journals in my quest to grow the best juicest flowers. I will probably add some pictures to get some help also Thanks in advance!! :thanks:

-Mikrom :Namaste:

Hey Mikrom, you should be watering every day to reduce nute buildup, water with nutes, and get a good runoff. I used to check runoff regulary but now I just flush every few weeks with two to three times the volume of the pot of pH'ed clean water. I use rain water for all my plants.
Hope this helps,

GR

Thanks for the help. I know i wasn't very thorough with the details. but things are looking good. there's so much resources to help on this site it's amazing. it seems like what im doing is working just gotta keep the ppm in a reasonable range monitoring run off ph & ppm. feeding at 6.0 ph. also looking at replacing HPS light with LED to save on heat (looks like i may be battling heat stress also). i believe i was over feeding at certain times and locking out some nutrients also maybe feeding too high.

been forced to switch mediums from readygrow (botanicare) to sunshine advanced (#4 with myco)

Back
Top Bottom