3rd Grow: Amare Tech 450W LED & UVB, 4x4 Tent

ConstantGreen

:party: Hello 420! Welcome to my 3rd grow's journal!!! :party:

Strains: 12 [White Widow x Big Bud], 2 [SexBud]
Indoor: 4'x4'x6' tent
Light: Amare's Solar Eclipse 450w LED + UVB
Soil: Fox Farm - Ocean Forest
Nutes: Advanced Nutrients - Iguana Juice, General Organics - CaMg, Blackstrap Molasses

IMG_191418.JPG

:goof: I've been waiting excitedly for months to start this journal! I ordered this badass light back in Nov. and the time has finally come to start using it! The Solar Eclipse 450 is the latest LED panel from Amare Technology. They're a new sponsor here and I've been wanting to try something new. Amare Tech LED's are specifically designed for cannabis by a Cali medical grower. I plan to document everything I learn about it so the rest of the community here can see what's up. :high-five:

Unboxing.gif

The panel comes in a plain box with minimal labeling. It actually comes in two boxes, with the nice foam packing. Included with the panel is two power cords, six lenses, a couple hangers and yoyo straps, and a pair of brackets.

I like to verify manufacturer claims. Starting with the dimensions and weight, most of the information off the website was found to be accurate. The panel is about 22 inches square and is recommended for a 4x4 tent. Glossy white powder coat finish, translucent fans, "Solar Spec" design.

DSC010923.JPG
DSC010887.JPG

The backbone of the SE450 is made up of six Cree CXB 3070 CoB LED's. Each CoB is surrounded by an array of nine 5w Cree XP-E2 (White, Red, Blue) and one 5w Epistar infrared. There's a 15w UVB bulb in the center. There are three separate switches to turn on the cobs, monochromes, and UVB. The UVB even runs on a separate power cord so you can run separate timers (too much UVB is bad).

The only thing that disappoints me so far is that it's sold as a "450w LED + UVB" which is just stretching truth. It's really 400w of LED + 15w UVB. The six CoB's run about 250w and the sixty 5w monochromes run about 150w.

Watts.png

The cobs reflect at 120 degrees naturally, but the included lenses can be installed to focus the light into a 90 degree beam for more concentrated penetration. I haven't installed the lenses yet, but they feel very high quality and blind me when looking through them. You can swap the lenses on or off anytime while the panel is running.

Re: Versai's 3rd Grow - Amare Tech 450w LED - 4x4 Tent

This grow will be with clones from my previous grow; White Widow x Big Bud, and Sexbud. Here's a pic of the clones on their last day under their fluorescent lights.

2016-02-26_17_21_26.jpg

They've been vegging up in small 1 quart pots for over a month now while I prepared their future home.

2016-02-27_23_45_37.jpg

I'm growing in a 4x4 tent now instead of 3x3, but I'm going with the same strategy of one plant per square foot in a 3 gallon pot of soil. The plants have been exploding with growth under the new light, here's a pic after one week:

DSC011079.JPG

I plan to veg them for another week or so. Not sure whether I'll bother tying them down this time - they seem to be bushing out pretty well already. I had been topping and pruning them often in their small pots.

I currently have the panel 24" above the center of the canopy 24 hours per day. I've been on a 24/0 light schedule for about 3 weeks now in attempt to shock the Sexbud back into veg. For some reason they just keep growing pistils!

DSC011003.JPG
DSC011022.JPG

The growth is so dense, looks like they've been putting all their energy into flowering already. I guess we'll see what happens! There's been a little heat stress, light burn, nute burn while getting things dialed in but I'm pretty confident this will be my best grow yet!

DSC011116.JPG

Runs off to check out Amare...

Wow, that's some light man. Massive jealous at the moment. Some price tag on it as well of course, but for what you get? Wow!

Wouldn't miss a Versai journal for anything.

:high-five:

Re: Versai's 3rd Grow - Amare Tech 450w LED - 4x4 Tent

This grow will be with clones from my previous grow; White Widow x Big Bud, and Sexbud. Here's a pic of the clones on their last day under their fluorescent lights.

2016-02-26_17_21_26.jpg

They've been vegging up in small 1 quart pots for over a month now while I prepared their future home.

2016-02-27_23_45_37.jpg

I'm growing in a 4x4 tent now instead of 3x3, but I'm going with the same strategy of one plant per square foot in a 3 gallon pot of soil. The plants have been exploding with growth under the new light, here's a pic after one week:

DSC011079.JPG

I plan to veg them for another week or so. Not sure whether I'll bother tying them down this time - they seem to be bushing out pretty well already. I had been topping and pruning them often in their small pots.

I currently have the panel 24" above the center of the canopy 24 hours per day. I've been on a 24/0 light schedule for about 3 weeks now in attempt to shock the Sexbud back into veg. For some reason they just keep growing pistils!

DSC011003.JPG
DSC011022.JPG

The growth is so dense, looks like they've been putting all their energy into flowering already. I guess we'll see what happens! There's been a little heat stress, light burn, nute burn while getting things dialed in but I'm pretty confident this will be my best grow yet!

DSC011116.JPG
Trust with these lights it will take a min on sum strains to fully reveg but it should stop in Another wek

:yahoo: Glad you guys are here! This light is definitely a beast. Looks pretty similar to a sunny spring day - wish there was room for me to hang out in the tent! Will make it a lot easier to get good pictures.

Thanks for the tip Jaymu. Looks like it's vegging some, but I'll be flowering next week anyway. I think I'll clone the Sexbud again tho, I love its sex drive.

:yahoo: Glad you guys are here! This light is definitely a beast. Looks pretty similar to a sunny spring day - wish there was room for me to hang out in the tent! Will make it a lot easier to get good pictures.

Thanks for the tip Jaymu. Looks like it's vegging some, but I'll be flowering next week anyway. I think I'll clone the Sexbud again tho, I love its sex drive.

No problem were fam now n hit em wit sum Epsom n watch them pray, here is my Axt auto with just the amare ss150
1c15dc4b945cfb94ed916adac23a0b80.jpg

ef8cfbaeed6714a0ff405e7935d263bf.jpg

No problem were fam now n hit em wit sum Epsom n watch them pray, here is my Axt auto with just the amare ss150

Woww, that looks amazing! Been thinking about getting a couple 150's for a veg tent. I'm surprised how much defoliation you can get away with. Do you have a tutorial or time to describe how you train and prune yours? I guess autos may be treated differently than photos.

Woww, that looks amazing! Been thinking about getting a couple 150's for a veg tent. I'm surprised how much defoliation you can get away with. Do you have a tutorial or time to describe how you train and prune yours? I guess autos may be treated differently than photos.
I'm not good at those but I had a wise man tell me if a fan is red stemmed take it or if it really blocks things take and more will grow fast to replace. Now I do slow down rite before they go to flower n only take big fans before they go then once the afro's are nice n full I start taking every fan that dosent have lots of trichs. I don't really need the fans to long as they are reserves for when plants have no other choice but to eat them but I feed every day so no need for them long term

Hey man, yea the Cree CXB 3070 are pretty heavy duty. I've researched them a ton while looking into this light. My next panel may just be a DIY if this one performs well. The lenses can be ordered as easily as the cobs. I hope to get a PAR meter soon so I can test when the lens will be beneficial. I think keeping the lens off and panel close is the best option for now, to give a wide yet intense spread.

Hey man, yea the Cree CXB 3070 are pretty heavy duty. I've researched them a ton while looking into this light. My next panel may just be a DIY if this one performs well. The lenses can be ordered as easily as the cobs. I hope to get a PAR meter soon so I can test when the lens will be beneficial. I think keeping the lens off and panel close is the best option for now, to give a wide yet intense spread.
You got it man keep em off unless u get sum tall bushy ladies then put em on to cut thru all those leaves

Back
Top Bottom