3rd Grow: Amare Tech 450W LED & UVB, 4x4 Tent

Thanks man :) I put them into flowering yesterday.

DSC011579.JPG

I lollipopped them, removing all the lower growth that isn't keeping pace with the canopy. Hoping this will focus the nutrient flow into the strongest branches to produce larger, more consistent buds. I'm sick of trimming popcorn.

Here's an example of how much I removed. This is one of the stronger BBW that I cloned from. She had 36 clones on her alone!

DSC011645.JPG
DSC011707.JPG
DSC011735.JPG

I'll prune them again in a couple of weeks when they've finished stretching. Not sure how many leaves I'll take off once they're in full flower mode tho.

DSC011768.JPG

Thanks for stopping by! :blunt:

I have to say the light looks similar to a MH bulb in the transition period. Such a nice bright white. Those plants are looking great. I have never done such a intense training to my plants like yours. I see they love the abuse though haha great looking forest you have there:thumb:

Thanks HiddenGrow! I love working under the light, it's very easy to see what you're doing and the spectrum gives the feeling of a summer morning.

I sometimes fear that I prune too much off them lol. I've never just grown a plant al natural, so I'm not 100% sure how much my training is helping. Kind of an experiment. Autos for example seem to yield very well without any training, so I'm interested to try those sometime too.

Here's how we look @ 1 week into flowering!

DSC011788.JPG

Watering them about every 4 days, every other watering I give them 4ml Iguana Juice - Bloom, 2ml CaMg, and a squirt of molasses.

DSC011866.JPG

The fun is about to begin!

Hey Noob, I do pH all my waterings whether with nutes or not to about 6.0. The Iguana Juice nutes are chelated and should be available to the plant no matter the pH, but I had some issues on my first run so I pH the water anyway just to be safe.

Yea the first run still turned out but there were some deficiencies in veg that appeared to be from pH lockout. During veg I hardly feed the plants Iguana Juice because the fox farm soil has nutes in it already. I think that's why I had a problem, those soil nutes are not chelated and probably require a proper pH. And I don't think the CaMg is chelated, so to cover all bases I just pH to 6.0; I remember that being the sweet spot for most nutrients to be available. I think it's closer to 5.8 for hydro.

If you use chelated nutes in a soil-less medium you could probably forget about any pH adjusting.

This is my boss, she does all the work.

DSC01190.JPG
DSC011997.JPG
DSC012006.JPG

Haha she looks stoned in that last one. She completely devoured two of the catnip seedlings today.

The two Sexbud are flowering prolifically! They've been horny and waiting all this time.

DSC012037.JPG
DSC0120510.JPG

:surf: Starting to get juicy.

Back
Top Bottom