Use a Dump Fan instead of Oscillating Fans

Budmaster LED

Hi everyone

We thought we would share this tip that we picked up off our friends from hydrotops.

Many people use oscillating fans to move the air around in their grow room which is all well and good but oscillating fans will cause cellular damage to your plants, sometimes even to the point of the horrible windburn that you see on plants that have a fan pointed right at them.

Well there is another way use a dump fan instead.

A dump fan is basically a small 4 inch inline fan with ducting either end, you put the the ducting on the in side of your fan into the bottom of your crop area on the floor and then put the ducting coming from the out end of your fan above your lights in the top of your room.

What happens is that all the stale air and excess co2 (heavy stuff) gets sucked out and re-circulated to the area above your crops. This is a much more efficient and less dangerous (to your plants) way of moving your air around and comes with the added benefit of re-circulating your co2.

The growers we know that have tried this cite considerable increases in plant yield and health.

It is said that using a system like this negates the need for any additional co2 completely but personally I would not be 100% sure about that as I have never used a proper co2 system but rather used bags ad buckets etc and once even had a home brew on the go in one of my rooms with a fan to blow the co2 up Beer and Weed lovely :)

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom