A real newbie

whitecat

I just got my seeds through Crop King. I am new to growing my own. It's kind of exciting, but scary, don't want to screw up $130 of seeds. :) I've been a toker since 1973 and enjoy it even more now that I am older. My bucket list is to be able to go to the Pot Store and buy what I want when I want. Still waiting, but more hopeful every year. So until that time I'm going to try to make my own. Wish me luck.

I'll probably embarrass myself, but I have 3 coffee cans with one sprouted seed in each in a clear plastic container with a grow light. Just got them planted today. I got autoflower, fem seeds which I understand is good for beginners. Here's hoping!!! :)

My bucket list is to be able to go to the Pot Store and buy what I want when I want.

It's a trip the first dozen times or so, get that "kid in a candy store" look on your face and you can't freaking decide which one to buy as there's like 30 jars of all different strains to choose from lol.

Welcome aboard, lots of good information to be found here (just takes a lot of reading ;) ) and also very knowledgeable folks to help out when you have issues. I'm still learning, but with me that will probably be forever learning :rofl:

Welcome Whitecat :high-five:

What strain did you get from CKS? I've grown Northern Lights, Jack Herer, White Widow and growing Amnesia Haze. You can check out my compact grows in my signature. You don't need much to grow a decent plant and get some nice buds:yummy:

Start a journal and check out the great info on 420mag. Autos are a great way to go. No need to worry about a light schedule and they can get 20 hours of light per day.

I only have room for a max of 2 plants in my tent so I only germinate 2 seeds at a time. My recommendation would be to not germinate all $130 in seeds for this first grow. Pop 2 seeds and grow them to completion. You'll get a much better idea of what you should do the second time around (medium, lighting, nutrients). I spent $80 on an old style Mars 300w light. Oddly enough, I've got some really good buds from that light on 6 grows and it's still going strong.

Good Luck:passitleft:

Yes I can imagine it would be like "being a kid in a candy store." I have found a lot of information to the point of info overload! I am trying to grow similar to how we grow our vegetables. Using soil from our chicken run mixed with peat moss (2 to 1 ratio) and then added some composted chicken litter. The soil worked spectacularly with vegs. Hope it will do the same with weed. It's always so hard to start and learn something new, especially when you want it to turn out great the first time. :)

Thanks for the welcome. Boy everyone has been so nice here.:hug: I am growing Trainwreck - autoflowering, fem. They said it was easy for beginners, so I'm taking their word for it. :thumb: I am starting with 3 seeds, in case I screw up. But have the intentions of only growing a few at a time. Just want to supply myself. It's a bitch sometimes trying to find and have gotten totally fed up.

I just got my seeds through Crop King. I am new to growing my own. It's kind of exciting, but scary, don't want to screw up $130 of seeds. :) I've been a toker since 1973 and enjoy it even more now that I am older. My bucket list is to be able to go to the Pot Store and buy what I want when I want. Still waiting, but more hopeful every year. So until that time I'm going to try to make my own. Wish me luck.

Hi:Namaste:
And super :welcome: to the best community to be :420:

good Luck with your grow. Start a journal so we can follow you Journals in Progress

Thanks! This morning the other 2 girls made their appearance we are off and running. :thumb: Haven't done a journal. I'm not really good at keeping up like that. But do enjoy what others have done. I really like the 420 Community.

Back
Top Bottom