RockGrower's Soil Grow 4 Kinds of Kush!

TheRockGrower

Hello folks this is my overall second grow, I grew one plant back about 6 years ago while still living with my parents. Using only 175watt HPS in a closet with an emergencey blanket I was able to get over an ounce of pretty good herb :tokin: I have my own place now with my wife and prices are getting a little expensive for the herb so me and a buddy decided to make a little investment :yahoo: I have always had a green thumb since a child helping mom plant her flowers and veggies so Im very very excited to finally start growing pot again :high-five: Stopped by the local and only grow shop and got down to business. I just got to get back in a day or 2 and get the soil and Im waiting on the beans to come in the mail.

The Equipment
4'' Phresh Filter Activated Carbon Air Filters/ Odor X/ Phat Filter
400w D-Lux HPS Light
4'x4'x6.5' Secret Jardin Dark Room (I wanted the smaller one but they never had it so I got hooked up with a bigger tent at the same price)
24'' Gull Wing 24
BC Recipe Starter Kit (BC Grow/500 ml, BC Boost/500 ml, BC Bloom/500 ml, Thrive Alive B-1 Red/125 ml, Thrive Alive B-1 Green/125 ml, Rootech Cloning Gel/7g, MagiCal/125 ml, SugarDaddy/250 ml, ROOT 66/250 ml)
400w Lumatek 120v/240v HPS/MH Dial-a-Watt Dimmable
4'' Typhoon Inline Fans

The Seeds
Violator Kush
Orientation: Feminized
Type: Indica
Genetics: Malana. Hindu Kush
Yield: Optimum indoor. 450 gr/m2
Indoor Height: 45-55 cm
Indoor flowering time: 55 to 65 days
THC: 22% CBD: 1.5%
Vanilla Kush
Type: Indica Dominant
Yield: 600gr/m2
Height: 65cm
Flowering Time: 9 weeks
THC: 22%
CBD: 1.2%
Burmese Kush
Type: Indica/Sativa
Height: 100cm
Yield: 400 +grams P.M.S
Flowering Time: 55-65 days
Afghan Kush Special
Type: 100% Indica
Yield: 400-450 gr/m2
Flowering Time: 8 weeks
THC Level: >20%

The Dirt
The soil Im using is a mixture made up by the local grow shop the mix contains Pro-Mix BX, Worm Castings, Bat Guano, Shrimp Compost, Added Perlite, High Magnesium Dolomite Lime, General Hydroponics Sub-Culture,
"This mix will blow your mind! Satisfaction Guaranteed!" is what they say and I guess we will find out. Is this mixture too much for the seeds right away and should I use something with less fertilizers in it till I transplant? Im going to start them off in 0.5 litre pots and then transfer too 3.5 litre pots.

Well that is basically it for now Im going to get everything setup tomorrow and Ill take a couple of pics for u all to see :popcorn:

Cool man am in for the ride. Good luck :goodluck:

Thanks man u got a nice setup on the go as well. Just another question out there are the nutrients Im using good and did anyone have use them before? I search them in the forum for a review but found nothing. The guy at the grow store said its everything i need.

Thanks man u got a nice setup on the go as well. Just another question out there are the nutrients Im using good and did anyone have use them before? I search them in the forum for a review but found nothing. The guy at the grow store said its everything i need.

Yea no problem and thanks. Also for the nutrients i really don't know i've never heard of b.c. before. I checked online for reviews too and i couldn't find anything. I'm really not sure. I am a beginner grower but I would recommend maybe just using it on one plant for a week or 2 and see what happens and if the results are good use it on the rest of your ladies.

Thanks again for the reply I wasnt specifically asking u that question but just to put it out there, I know what Im at when it comes to growing pretty much any plant but u always need to be extra careful with these babies u want them as perfect as possible. The guy at the grow shop used it before and said its awesome he only recommended I use half the required does for the SugarDaddy I said I usually use half of what they tell me anyway just to be careful.

HIs this mixture too much for the seeds right away and should I use something with less fertilizers in it till I transplant? Im going to start them off in 0.5 litre pots and then transfer too 3.5 litre pots. ]

High RG, that sounds like a good medium. Hope it wasn't too expensive. Since most of the nutrients in your soil are organic, it should be OK to start your plants in that medium right away. Check out DocBud's journal. He made his own (very hot) soil and started his plants in that right away. If your soil would have been full of inorganic ferts, I would advise against it. Oh and with this mix, you should not be required to add ANY nutes until at least flowering and you might even go all the way to harvest with a tiny bit of supplement. You might need cal/mag and maybe a little bit of supplementing in flowering. Just let the girls tell you what they need. Since you're providing them everything they need up front (with the soil), you should be good for at least a few weeks giving them just water.

I would also check the TDS (total dissolved solids) of your water. For soil you want to water with TDS value of about 60 more or less. And just watch your pH and you will have some quality meds in no time at all. :cheer:

I just reread your post again. You said you will be transplanting into 3.5L pots. Are those the final pots you will have them in until harvest? Unless you're doing hempies, those pots will probably be too small to go all the way to harvest. I would go with at least 3 Gal (12L). I have mine in 5 Gal buckets (20L). Just my opinion.

Sorry no pictures tonight guys got a little busy today so I had no time to set everything up.

I just reread your post again. You said you will be transplanting into 3.5L pots. Are those the final pots you will have them in until harvest? Unless you're doing hempies, those pots will probably be too small to go all the way to harvest. I would go with at least 3 Gal (12L). I have mine in 5 Gal buckets (20L). Just my opinion.
I just checked the pots I got .5 liters and 3.5 liters, I know know the 3.5 liters arent big enough so Im going to get 5 gallon buckets is it fine now to start seeds in the 3.5 liter buckets or are they too big?

Just like Joebong said, "got some quality equiment" there. Dont worry about the soil for the seedlings. I personally thing why go though the headache of transplanting and just start in a 3 or 5 gallon bucket. I recommend LTSing and Fimming when they get bigger to increase your yield. With that being said :goodluck: :grinjoint:
Thanks XBox and JB its great to know I got some great equipment cause I have been planning this for years and I hope everything goes good. I tried LSTing in my first grow as an experiment it was okay but Im for sure studying the next few days to refresh my memory and to maximize my space. Quick question how do u think the smell will be with the equipment I got? Should I just put the seeds in 5gallon buckets and not worry about transplanting?

You can totally start your seeds in your final containers. However, it is recommended that you start in smaller pots because it helps with root development. You can read more about that here: Why Do I Need to Transplant?

Hope this helps. :goodluck:

You can totally start your seeds in your final containers. However, it is recommended that you start in smaller pots because it helps with root development. You can read more about that here: Why Do I Need to Transplant?
Hope this helps. :goodluck:
Thanks thats what I was thinking anyway start in small pots and transfer cause it helps with root developing in smaller pots. I got most the setup done however when I plugged in the fan it was a little louder than I was expecting so I was going to order a Duct Silencer from EBay but Im in Canada and I can only find ones to order from the USA anyone got a link where I can purchase one here in the Graet White North? Pictures will be uploaded later tonight :grinjoint:

Im not sure why I couldnt edit my first post to add a few photos but here they are. Its only the setup so far and the equipment!
001527.JPG

Here is the tent and its alot bigger than I expected lolol
002573.JPG

YAAAHHHOOO after a little disapointment when the mail man first went around he stop back with the little miracle beans :cheer:
003542.JPG

004518.JPG

002578.JPG

001530.JPG

Im finishing the setup tomorrow hahah got a little lazt today after shovelling out from a storm and then I got to stop by the local grow shop and get the soil and hopefully Sunday morning the sun will rise on these babies for the first time.

Well the weekend is over and I finally got everything done :slide: Seeds are in the soil and the sun is looking over them :blunt: Here are a few pictures of the final setup. Temp in the tent is 23 degrees celcius I thaught I had a humidity reader with the temp gauge but no dice. I think Im going to need one though! So here are the pictures.

004521.JPG

005489.JPG

003546.JPG

I cant believe everything has finally come together. I have had this planned for years and FINALLY. I was so happy setting up the equipment and going out to buy the supplies its AWESOME!!!!

Back
Top Bottom