Red Diesel 12/12

Yeah, I remember the Hawaiian and skunk when I was growing up...yummy. Thanks all for the nice comments! I really can't wait to try these girls, they are getting so very sticky....and the smell is getting stronger. Still may have another week or so, hard to say at this point. They may still be able to go another 2 or 3. They still look to be growing but the percentage of amber is increasing very slowly. Well, here are some pictures.

IMG_00511.JPG

IMG_0053.JPG

IMG_00563.JPG

IMG_0057.JPG

This just smells like it's gonna be good, I really can't wait to try this...

Thanks Farm! Thanks Harry! The plants are 15 weeks from seed and they were on 12/12 light schedule from the beginning.....so, I'm not really sure how long they will need to go. I'm just gonna keep an eye on the trichs ;-)

Update time... I harvested the 3 plants last week and they are now curing as of 2 days ago. I am going to let this cure for 2 - 3 months but will treat myself around Christmas with a few grams since that will be almost a 6 week cure and should be pretty decent. I tried a small nug last night and WOW! The expansion in the lungs is extreme and it hits very hard already. The taste is very hard to describe right now. The smell in the jar is a slight grapefruit and a fuel smell, seriously. Judging from the initial smoke test this may be a favorite of mine. The high is also pretty strange, it hits the head and body hard then mellows out to a very chilled state.

I went to a party and tried sour diesel which was very nice too, I think the red diesel will be a better smoke though. Well, here are some pictures of just a few buds. I got 40 grams from the 3 plants dried and no stems...and this was a 12/12 grow from seed. I am going to veg and use lst or toping on the plants for the next grow to increase yield. I'll do a proper smoke report after the 1 month cure mark.

IMG_0129.JPG

IMG_01301.JPG

IMG_01312.JPG

IMG_01333.JPG

IMG_0134.JPG

Excellent man! Good job and smart man on the long cure, you will notice the difference in taste and quality! Cant wait to see your next grow!

Thanks Harry and Dr. 215! You two have amazing grows and its a pleasure to share mine with all you guys. I did notice with the chronic that I still have left that it's potency has definitely increased over the past few months, long cure is the best way to go.

Thank god i found this! Thank you so much my friend for making a journal of Red Diesel!!! I just ordered my Red Diesel seeds from Attitude seeds about a week ago and should be getting them soon. I cant cant cant cant wait to get these babies in the ground after seeing this journal! But dam those got big for a 12/12 cycle from the beg. Do you think if i veg for a couple weeks and then go into flowering they will get TOO big? I mean my closet isnt like GIANT i dont know if it can handle the height as much as width. ANY advice you can give me would be WONDERFUL cause its my first grow ever and ill be using the Red Diesel from Barney Farms. Once again thanks for making this journal lol

Thanks Bee23! I like those pictures too, very pretty looking buds for sure.

Hey Sportsman... you are gonna be in for a real treat with this. I couldn't help myself and tried another small piece and this is gonna be the shit for sure! This is the stickiest I have handled, I ripped off a small piece and my fingers were sticking together just from the slight touch.

Anyway... I was surprised how different the 3 plants were. All were 12/12 schedule from seed and the tallest ended up being 47 inches and the other two were about 32 inches I think, I don't remember exactly on them. You may want to try LST (lots of people doing that here so there are plenty of examples) or top the plants (which I may do in my next grow with these) I am not how tall they would get if there were to veg but I would probably not let them veg past 12 inches if height is an issue.

CFLs should be ok too they just may stretch a little on ya since mine had mainly CFLs on them for the first about 2 months I think. Then I got another MH ballast for them.

You are going to need a carbon filter or some kind of odor control with this breed, they STINK (but in a good way ;-) ) Also, like I said, the yield is not that great from going 12/12 from start but the quality is totally top-notch. Good luck with your grow, I'll watch for your journal.

PICS PICS PICS???

And a little side note i think i'm gunna get a 90 watt LED for my veg growth and keep it on for flowering, good idea you think? Oh and did i mention pics?

And oh yeah the long cure is totally the way to go, it increases your bud potency SO MUCH!!! Curing is such an art.

O crappers, I was really hoping to get a strain that wouldnt stink up my whole third floor...how much are carbon filters approx? and if all goes to plan i cant wait to smoke this bud lol! Sounds AMAZING! Im kinda new so i dont really know what LST is. ill look it up but if you could give me a brief summary that would be nice. Is the smell like fruity or is it like hardcore weed smell? Cause i had sour D once and it was amaaazing and had a nice fruity smell. If this stuff is even half as good as Sour D i will shit myself cause the weed in my part of town SUCKKKKS.

You can make your own carbon scrubber, there is a tutorial floating around the site, ill look for it for you.. And basically LST is a style of topping the plant to make it grow more main colas, thats the short version of course.

wowza thats sounds extremely complicated. I bet if i had some picture step by step i could figure it out but im not educated on exhaust stuff yet so i think that might be out of my league heh... maybe ill just stick to some air freshenerrs and hope for the best. Thanks for the link though!!

Back
Top Bottom