Bag Seed - LED - Scrog

Time for a new journal. :)

This time around, I've started a bagseed again. For this round, I am planning to go with a single plant (maybe clones, too) in a 4-gallon pot, scrog'd out, to let the whole plant bask in the glory of Mars-Hydro LEDs. :) Now, if that single bagseedling turns out to be male, then I'll be starting either a Royal Queen feminized Power Flower, or a Blue Dream bagseed. Here's some details:

Medium: store-bought generic organic potting soil; perlite; my own organic compost; a few rocks; and a dash of rooting hormone

Size of pot: 4-gallon plastic pot

Lighting: Mars-Hydro 100x3w LED Grow Light

Light Height: 16 inches

Light Duration: 16 hours on/day

Water: tap

Nutrients: None yet. Starting with orchid nutes from my previous grows, maybe transitioning to GH G,M,B

Age of seedling: About a week

I started the seed in a wet paper towel, and put that into a small Jiffy cup until I saw roots coming out the bottom. Then I planted it in the big pot. I probably should have used a transition pot of some smaller size, but I didn't have one handy. The roots were dang near exploding with growth, I think because of my use of rooting hormone powder. I'm hoping to get a really big harvest from this, so I'm gonna try something I haven't tried yet: a SCROG. I have yet to set this up. I've been inspired by TheCapn's How To: Bend and top your way to a 1 pound monster :) I'm not following his method completely, but trying a few things.

Another thing I'm doing different this time (different from my last grow), is that I'm planning to veg the hell out of this plant. Maybe 2+ months. No guarantee on that, but I want as big a plant as will fill my growspace with lots and lots of medicine as will fit. Early on, I will be taking at least one clone, sexing it in a separate space. Like I said, if it's male, it's gone, and one of two other seeds is going in, with the same method as planned for this plant.

Without further ado, here's the latest photos of the little gal.

SAM_2202.JPG
SAM_2208.JPG
SAM_2228.JPG
SAM_2229.JPG

I ought to mention, I've got SNS Free Pesticide Sample Kit on the way. I don't need it yet, and hope I don't need it, but will be good to have it just in case. Cost only for shipping. :) Free Pesticide Sample Kit (Just Pay Shipping & Handling) – Sierra Natural Science

Oh, and, that's celery, revegging, next to the big pot. :)

I've read rave reviews here, from many fellow 420magazinians. Really glad I got it. Couldn't beat the price, either. I'm really curious what they each smell like, because they all have what should be very aromatic ingredients. I especially am curious about the 203, because it lists clove oil and rosemary oil. Got me thinking, next time I cook a roast, or ham, to use cloves, and rosemary together, plus some thyme and whatnot. Dammit, I got the munchies, and every conversation turns to food, lmfao. On another "clove" note, I got a pack of Djarum Blacks today. First time in over a decade, and all I can say is wow....the smell reminds of when my mother was cooking a ham, and she'd stick cloves into teh top of it, before putting it in the oven, would make the whole house smell. Again, food. lol.

Snapped a new pic of the gal last night, as she has a new pair of leaves since the last photo.

I did add some of my veg nutes. It's made for orchids, runs 20-14-13.

SAM_22401.JPG

I'm particularly fond of this close up here. ;)
SAM_22431.JPG

I've got new pics! She's gettin bigger. :) I topped her last week.

SAM_2282.JPG
SAM_2283.JPG

Thank you! I think she is. But not only nutes, she's really digging the light! :D Not long now, going to grab a clone and flower it, if that goes well, I'm going to set the scrog up. Got some coated chicken wire, and am gonna stretch it across the space, maybe staple in place, or secure it with 1x's. This really seems to be quite an aggressively-growing indica-dominant plant. Hoping it's a girl. More pics, from yesterday!

SAM_2286.JPG
SAM_2288.JPG

nice grow! I recently acquired the same light.. do you still have the height at 16in from the top of the plant?

hi 420fome2 I am also doing a mars hydro grow its my first grow I am using the mars II 400w I have been keeping my light 18 to 20 inch's away from the tops of my plants but I let the plants grow till the are 16 inch's away then raise my lights a little I hope that helps. you can see my grow in my signature sorry for hijacking your question

your plants are looking good looking good @AscendedMasterKief

016633.JPG

Thanks, y'all! I do have my height same as at the beginning. Plant isn't much taller, especially since I just sorta squashed down my screen. Pics tomorrow! Stay tuned!

SAM_2301.JPG
SAM_23021.JPG

Gotta secure the edges of the screen yet, and I've got to give it all time for the screen to fill. Not going to grab a clone until I get another timer, so I can flower the clone separately.

Since I'm waiting to clone until I get another timer, it may be a couple weeks. I'm gonna keep pushing forward, though, and in a week or so, I'm going to do a light defoliation, I think. This gal is growing super densely, bushy. I've got an industrial fan blowing into the closet, to keep airflow going, because if I don't, and the leaves aren't in almost constant motion, it gets a lot of water buildup between the leaves, and puddles form on the leaves. Humidity in the closet is only 55%, I should note. It's aspiring, I think the word is, a lot. The airflow helps a lot. Temperature at canopy is between 75 and 80 degrees Fahrenheit during the day. Humidity in the closet rarely jumps above 60%, even when I water the gal. Soil seems to be a proper moisture, and I haven't been over-watering. This is the first time I've grown indoors with a pot this big, though. I think she's totally loving living as she is.

I do have enough room (for now, anyway, lol) to flower a clone, however, I'm running veg in the closet right now. I only planned to flower a clone for sexing purposes, and would let it root under flowering lighting conditions, and simply flower it out till harvest. No veg on the sexing clone, so it'll be a wee little plant. The current plant is mature, I think, and is featuring alternating nodes. It's stretching more to the left than to the right side of my screen, and I'm not sure if it will go much further right, but it's strong on the left. Each day I go in and tuck tops down under the screen. I've snipped a few leaves from the underside of the screen, to allow better airflow. I'm still getting some liquid water, where leaves touch each other. I think the plant is about two months old now, give or take. I don't intend to veg it for more than a few more weeks. This morning, I adjusted my timer, which was at On(5:30AM/0530) and Off(8:30PM/2030) (15 hours on, 9 off) to make "sunrise" 15 minutes later, and "sunset" 15 minutes earlier (14.5 hours on, 9.5 off). I haven't done the math yet, but I want to continue doing this every x number of days, until I reach 12/12 in about 21 days (10 May). My goal in this gradual decrease is to simulate nature, rather than going for a 48 hour period of darkness before changing sunrise and sunset, which nature never really does.

SAM_23201.JPG

Back
Top Bottom