1 gallon for every 1 week of veg?

So I just read that you should, on average, give yourself a gallon pot size for each week you have your plant in veg. I.E, 5 weeks in veg would need a 5 gallon pot....Anyone have thoughts on this because if this holds water, I'm 3 gallon sizes behind for my Amnesia. She was vegging for 8 weeks and is already showing roots at the top of her 5 gallon pot. I'm worried she may suffocate herself in the next few weeks if I don't get her into something bigger as she continues to speed grow. Growers' worries....

So I just read that you should, on average, give yourself a gallon pot size for each week you have your plant in veg. I.E, 5 weeks in veg would need a 5 gallon pot....Anyone have thoughts on this because if this holds water, I'm 3 gallon sizes behind for my Amnesia. She was vegging for 8 weeks and is already showing roots at the top of her 5 gallon pot. I'm worried she may suffocate herself in the next few weeks if I don't get her into something bigger as she continues to speed grow. Growers' worries....
I've gone 6-7 weeks in a 5 gal. You are probably maxed out & getting rootbound. I'd up-pot once more.

I've gone 6-7 weeks in a 5 gal. You are probably maxed out & getting rootbound. I'd up-pot once more.
I hope I have a couple days. I ordered a 7 ft tent and set up for my photos but it hasn't come in yet, I guess I'm gonna have to get her in a bigger pot tomorrow then clip her two main stalks down a little so they stay away from the lights until it comes in-can't raise them anymore than I have already...sorry talking out loud (kinda)

I've had plants vegging since April that are in 5 gallon pots and they're doing alright still. At week 5 I'm still in 2 gallon containers usually but they do outgrow those rather quick. If you're in the 5 gallons for too long you'll just get slightly smaller plants than if they'd have had the room to grow. Most people say that 7gallons is the perfect size.
20210824_150613.jpg

I've had plants vegging since April that are in 5 gallon pots and they're doing alright still. At week 5 I'm still in 2 gallon containers usually but they do outgrow those rather quick. If you're in the 5 gallons for too long you'll just get slightly smaller plants than if they'd have had the room to grow. Most people say that 7gallons is the perfect size.
20210824_150613.jpg
That monstrosity is in a 5 gallon? I'm impressed and worried lol I just would like to buy time before moving her to the bigger pot until after I get my new tent...I have this one fear of oxygen deprivation from being root bound...everything I grow, buds or not, just have expansive root systems

I was planning on transplanting her but she started to flower and since the roots tend to get so tangled in the fabric pots I figured it would be a stressful time to do it. Next summer I'll go bigger for sure.

Back
Top Bottom