$1000 to spend on setup

5x5=625 watts at the bare minimum. thats only 25 watts psf. using scrog technique, you can run lights lower and closer, with less watts, but get great PAR. That is the key with LEDs.

if you have the ability to build your own, you will save up to 50% about, so food for thought on that.

plus less power is a great benefit.

You could do something as simple as 9 COBs, at 75 watts each, 675watts at the wall, run at 1400ma,

if you do go the DYI route, there is alot of help here, and can walk you thru it step by step pretty much if you need it. alot of smart individuals here.

so, what is the final amount you have to spend on the lights, JUST THE LIGHTS. ?
Around 500 just for lights.

dang, HLG has qb 302s for $59 with heatsink,

4 of those and 2x HLG-320-1400b driver, $440

not bad,

but they are only 2700K spectrum.

This is what I was told when I took my firearms course. Don't buy a 2000 rifle and 200 scope. Buy a 2000 scope and 200 rifle as the scope tells the rifle where to put the bullet. All things being equal. Buy the best lights you can and cheap on everything else if need be. If you are handy, look up my thread on building a diy quantum lights. FWIW, I can hit a dime at 300 feet with my Savage axis .270 been there done it.

Back
Top Bottom