1000w Hydro Perpetual

The outside center plant is touching the cool tube more or less. I have a light spreader underneath the bulb so there is no hot spot directly under the bulb. It works wonders when 400w hps are being used, due to lack of light penetration with lower watt bulbs.

And here we are, day 8, and doing well. I have the first pic of a pre-bud and a few over views. Tell me what you think people
I was wondering why the light is hanging opposite of the direction your table is...I think a 90 degree rotation would give all your plants the same level of light...:scratchinghead:

Well that is one idea, but if you read any book about herb growing they say that the way I have it you get the best footprint. I think it all depends on the reflector you use, but for my backwoods home made reflector I think this set up works best.

The outside center plant is touching the cool tube more or less. I have a light spreader underneath the bulb so there is no hot spot directly under the bulb. It works wonders when 400w hps are being used, due to lack of light penetration with lower watt bulbs.

So, do you think how close a plant can be to the lights is determined by the temperature alone? I'm running a 400w HPS bulb and my hood is cooled with a fan to the point I could hold my hand within a couple of inches without it feeling too hot. I've read that plants should be between 15" to 20" away from the light, but maybe that's for a light that isn't cooled. I have my plants at 15" to 20" now. Do you think they could safely be closer and would the plants benefit from being closer?

Ohh kush my buddy! If you are using a 400w 6" is plenty of room, especially with a cool tube. The lumens diminish with distance square so have your lights as close as possible. Have a fan going regardless but a little light bleaching on fan leaves is not uncommon when getting used to light placement.

Ohh kush my buddy! If you are using a 400w 6" is plenty of room, especially with a cool tube. The lumens diminish with distance square so have your lights as close as possible. Have a fan going regardless but a little light bleaching on fan leaves is not uncommon when getting used to light placement.

Thanks Northerner! That's good news as that buys me some more vertical for growth. I'll adjust the light down tomorrow when they're set to come on. Should I move them down gradually to avoid bleaching?

Always better to change gradually, let the plants adjust over a few days or a week.

Thanks, I'll do that.

I wouldn't call my light fixture a cool tube. It's just a hood, including ballast and a glass face plate that the previous owner jury rigged an exhaust fan on to. Kind of half-assed, but works pretty well for keeping the temp down, I must say.

Thanks again for the info to help out this newbie indoor grower. I might get some good bud yet. :thumb:

Everyone starts somewhere, no one has tried everything, in my eyes we are all beginners and only a fool calls him self the best. Some people are experts in some areas but this hobby is so vast and constantly changing can't know it all. I thank you for the praise and for stopping by to chat.

Day 11, plants are looking good.
IMG_20130206_064739.jpg

Everyone starts somewhere, no one has tried everything, in my eyes we are all beginners and only a fool calls him self the best. Some people are experts in some areas but this hobby is so vast and constantly changing can't know it all. I thank you for the praise and for stopping by to chat.

BTW, Northener, after we talked about this, I dropped my light down to about 10" over the tops and the girls seem to be digging it. After a couple of days, the Kandy Kush has reached up to about 7". She's really starting to take off. :thumb:

That's awesome guy, your plants are getting twice as much lumens at that distance if not more. Just make sure to look at them twice a day. Plants can grow over 1" a day so they can sneak into the burn zone if your not careful

That's awesome guy, your plants are getting twice as much lumens at that distance if not more. Just make sure to look at them twice a day. Plants can grow over 1" a day so they can sneak into the burn zone if your not careful

Thanks Northener, will do! I check 'em out all the time, probably too often.

I think I will do my first heavy defoil this Saturday with my Res change. My pictures are going to blow minds, just because of the vantage point I take my pics from. It will go from a wall of green to a few stems here and there. Its gunna be so fun, I can't wait!

I think I will do my first heavy defoil this Saturday with my Res change. My pictures are going to blow minds, just because of the vantage point I take my pics from. It will go from a wall of green to a few stems here and there. Its gunna be so fun, I can't wait!

Looking forward to it. I'm a week away.

Here we are flowering day 14 for my dp hydro table. Did the Res change and defoil, everything is booming. Did some bending and tieing using inverted tomato cages. Hope you enjoy the pic blast.
IMG_20130209_185902.jpg
IMG_20130209_193006.jpg
IMG_20130209_193013.jpg
IMG_20130209_193022.jpg
IMG_20130209_194139.jpg

Sry only the first pic is cfl.
P.s. I just noticed I forgot a tag haha. ^

Back
Top Bottom