10x10x8 1000w vertical bare bulb room design

Rukind

basically i have a 1000 hps bare bulb hanging in the middle of the 10x10x8 room with a fan blowing up at it.

i also have a phresh filter 400/active air 400cfm fan scrubbing the room (not exhuasting).

right now the room has no exhuast or intake.

just a A/C in the window keeping the room cool.

I was wondering if this is okay? i am afraid my plants aren't getting fresh air if there is no intake or exhaust, if you know what i mean. I dont have Co2 injection or anything like that.

should i stop scrubbing the room and use that filter/fan to exhuast the room and cut out a intake?

or will i be okay with just that A/C?

my temps are fine, its fresh air that im worried about.

Rukind,Sounds like you got fresh air lights water , are your plants looking healthy?, are you getting good growth ? if so don't worry, keep an eye on your plants they will tell you when they need something just watch them !! There was a couple of pics here last year of a simular grow and they had plants over 6' tall with the same basic set up !! One big grow room one big bare bulb ! Are you growing in dirt or hydro ? Are you using any nutes ?

yeah they are looking fine. they are only about 2 weeks old.

temps are fine too. everything looks good.

i am using hempy buckets 3 parts perlite/1 part vermiculite.

using gh 3 part series. im following the back of the bottle (not lucas formula or anything). i water when my plants look like they need it and aim for 30 percet fun off just to make sure i get those salts out.

vertical bulb is inefficient. (20% less i believe)
go horizontal with the bulb, and spring for a double parabola reflector. (adds another 10-15% more light)

doing this will gain you near 35% more light for your plants!

go horizontal with the bulb, and spring for a double parabola reflector. (adds another 10-15% more light)

when i say vertical, i mean i have a regular 1000w hps bulb hanging from the ceiling, so the bulb is vertical instead of horizontal. i thought this was more effected because you are not reflecting any of the light. i have 12 plants in a circle around the bulb.

the air conditioner is cooling the room that it is in.

and i am scrubbing the room with 400cfm inline fan and a phresh filter 400.

Jorge Cervantes and Ed Rosenthal both teach this, so unless you think they are wrong...

basically, your wasting a lot of your light because your sending it all out horizontally instead of vertically down to your plants, meaning, your illuminating your walls.

Jorge Cervantes and Ed Rosenthal both teach this, so unless you think they are wrong...

basically, your wasting a lot of your light because your sending it all out horizontally instead of vertically down to your plants, meaning, your illuminating your walls.

how is it illuminating my walls when my plants are getting the light? my plants are surrounding the light bulb. the light bulb is dropped in the center of the circle of plants.

look further into the thread to see how all the space around the light is taken up by the plant

vert bare bulbs are sweet, if you have the plants arranged correctly the light wont even make it to the walls. :p

no glass and no reflector to muck up all those expensive lumens.

How many plants? have you seen/heard @ the c02 in a bag? each bag works for up to six plants I think...

i got 15 plants currently all together. i think i am going to have to throw a couple out because 12 sounds better. i want to keep them 18 inches from the bulb. as they get bigger, i dont think i can keep 15 plants, 18 inches from the bulb lol

i am going to let them get about 5 foot tall by the time they are done flowering i hope.

what are these CO2 bags?

what are these CO2 bags?
Seems like the jury is still out on the effectiveness.. its just mycelium fungi ina bag, with c02 being the byproduct of the fungi's life process.
saw it at my local hydro shop. do not remember the brand name.:peace:

I'm thinking about adding a 5gal jug with warm water yeast and sugar for a co2 generator for the end of my new grow !? Just to see how it works I think all you need to do once its going is to add a bit of sugar as it slows production of co2 !? You cork the jug with a small tube comming through the cork and susspend it over the plants the co2 drifts down !? From what I've read it sounds easy .. :peace:

i could probly just make my own fungi bag. i have way more experience in mycology.

:thumb:

If you do make one, please let us know how it works.
They indicate there is a membrane that keeps the spores in and lets the C02 out... Any ideas what would work as a C02 permeable spore filter for a DIY bag?

:thumb:

If you do make one, please let us know how it works.
They indicate there is a membrane that keeps the spores in and lets the C02 out... Any ideas what would work as a C02 permeable spore filter for a DIY bag?

most likely micro pore tape or some polyfil (pillow stuffing). i even have some of those filter patch bags anyways.

but i just dont see how fungi really puts out that much co2. you would need a lot of bags i think.

thanks

i hope it goes good. i dont see why it wouldn't. ive been reading my ass off the past couple of years.

i already finished 2 grows in a dr150 tent under a 1000w in a magnum xxxl good. alawys got around .6 gpw

now i moved and i have this room to work with :) so why not vertical? hempy style.

Have you thought of boxing in your plants so as to allow them to take full advantage of your light (if you stand with the plants between yourself and the light, and you can see any illumination, then that light which is reaching you - and everything else other than the plants - is wasted)?

thanks

i hope it goes good. i dont see why it wouldn't. ive been reading my ass off the past couple of years.

i already finished 2 grows in a dr150 tent under a 1000w in a magnum xxxl good. alawys got around .6 gpw

now i moved and i have this room to work with :) so why not vertical? hempy style.

Im thinking about doing a vertical DWC soon, I use t5's for side now. might switch it up and go with the t5s overhead and a couple thousand watters to drop between, throw some tomato cages around and see what happpens...

I just followed a gro where the lights were bare and vertical and he yielded 2 pounds per light!

Back
Top Bottom