10x10x8 1000w vertical bare bulb room design

I'd be more concerned if you broke one open and found that that silvery metal reinforcement-collar just up from the paint was actually chrome paint or something, lol.

(Note to Propa Gator: In that case, sorry for the PM. I didn't realize.)

well the reason why it tilts like that is because one end is soldered to it. the other end is loose and there is no signs of any breaking. its kind of hard to describe and i dont think i can take a picture of that side. there is no sign of damage anywhere. its almost like its made that way. maybe some horizontal bulbs cannot be used vertically. its working fine, but hopefully it wont burn out or anything.

its just a standard plant max 1000w hps bulb. i think im over reacting haha

Unlike metal halides, all HPS bulbs are rated for universal-placement (or at least they're supposed to be).

In a hobbled grow with an old dimwatt 250 HPS, I got .63 g/w.
My present grow now has T5 top lights to supplement an 'imbedded' CMH.
I expect a bumper crop this time, but it is not now pure bare-bulb vertical.
I researched far and wide before coming up with the cage, but it will change as I learn more from it. I'm an old Gator, but willing to learn new tricks. I just want them to be good tricks, if they require me to do something new.
I have fewer $ invested in my twin cages than I spent on a waterfarm set, 4 or 5 yrs back. When I can buy the best quality available for the shortest money asked for any equivalent thing, that's the Propa gear for Gator. My Scotch ancesters approve of the cage.

As I follow your up-coming grow journal Rukind, I'm sure I will bug you to 'flip that switch' earlier than you'd planned. I'll have reasons, and will explain them then. BTW, I recommend you not rotate the girls for symetrical growth. Total growth is compromised, and buds will grow frosty on the 'dark side' anyway. Light penetration from the side is deeper than from the top.

Back
Top Bottom