126W Penetrator LED Full Bloom

How do you think about using it for just veg? I do not know specs or anything but I have a veg chamber and a grow chamber. I would love to try veg. How much would it be for a 4X8 veg chamber?

How do you think about using it for just veg? I do not know specs or anything but I have a veg chamber and a grow chamber. I would love to try veg. How much would it be for a 4X8 veg chamber?

The lights work excellent for veg. Is 4' x 8' your actual canopy space, or is that the room size? When I make recommendations for lights, I only try to tell you what's needed to cover your plants ;)

all those plants with all those lights hanging around them is beautiful! How many plants are you able to grow with 12 126w lights?

A lot. My system can hold 22 plants, but I run 16. You could do a lot more plants with 12 lights, and a lot larger area, I just like to cram as much as I can fit into my garden lol.

You would need 6, 126W LED units to cover that entire area. I would personally run more, but 6 would be all that is needed. We do free shipping for anyone who orders 6 or more units, so the cost would be $2400 shipped.

Because I'm not that smart, what is the difference in power consumption and heat between that and 2 600w MH bulbs.

With 2, 600W HID's, you'll also need a ventilation fan, which runs about 150W, making your total power consumption about 1350W.

With LED you'd be at 756W, with no need for a ventilation fan.

So power-wise, it will be like you turned off a 600W all together. Depending on if you leave your lights on 18/6 or 24/7, that's anywhere from $30 - $50 a month on your power bill. You also won't need to do a bulb change, so you'll save another $150 - $200 a year there.

What about heat, does it produce a lot of heat?

Sorry, no they do not. The units operate at 105 degrees F, whereas a 600W HPS operates at 450 degrees F. Using 756W in a 4' x 7' area, you shouldn't have any problems keeping the heat below 85.

One thing that I want to make clear on though, is that temperature resistance using LED is nothing like HID. With HID, if you go over 90 degrees and you're not running CO2, it can do major damage to your plants. HID's emit a lot of heat and carry a lot with the light they send to your plant. The plants need to use more water, and release more water in order to deal with the heat from the light. The higher the ambient room temp, the more difficult it is for the plant to maintain itself against the heat from the light. Since LED's do not produce very much heat at all, nor do their light sources carry much heat, plants can tolerate much higher ambient temperatures without stressing. I've done various tests to see how plants under LED respond with heat, and even at 95 degrees for a full day without CO2, my plants showed no sign of stress. I repeated the test a few days in a row, and still no stress.

Very interesting thread! I just ordered a pair of 90W UFO tri-color versions, and i can't wait to see the results. Would prefer your lights, but they are difficult to get here (unless you happen to sell them inside EU nowadays)

I've always sold lights to Europe. I'd say about 10-15% of my business is in Europe, 5% Australia, 80% USA. We make all units to order, and ship them with their appropriate plugs, voltage, and hz depending on country.

Hi Cammie lovin all the LED action.:goodjob:
Seeing as the Aussie dollar is "going off it's nut" i am seriously considering a 126w Pen. What would be the total $$ to get 1 of those badboys to Sydney, Australia. A 240v model with Aussie plug please.
Just a rough idea will do. Thanks mate. :thanks::Rasta:

We dont have VAT here in Australia and import duty isnt charged on individual items less than $1000 Aud. I have been buying racecar parts from O/S for yrs and have never had a problem. The only time customs really worry
is if they think you are importing the product for re-sale.
I sent a $200k E-Type Jaguar Car to New Zealand a few weeks ago and the import duty into NZ was less than $500. It's all in the paperwork loopholes lol. Thanks for your concern though.:thanks: Even if they were an extra $120 it would be worth it IMO.
Have a gawk at the CHUNK in those pics.:Rasta:

Great thread

I've already startred saving up some cash, LED's are def the way forward.
I'm so annoyed i blew about $150 on one of those ufo about 3 weeks ago!!!

2 126wLED should be more than enough for a 4 plant system??????

Thanks in advance

Back
Top Bottom