1G/W - Aero 171 Plant SOG Under 600W w/Mover - Kandy Kush

Do you think I will make it over 1g/W

• Yes

Votes: 14 58.3%
  • No

Votes: 10 41.7%

• Total voters
re: 1G/W - Aero 171 Plant SOG Under 600W w/Mover - Kandy Kush

Thanks everyone for the feedback, advice, and kind words!

I have made my sagging ducting routing much easier today. And yes, I was considering rigid duct, like I did in my other room, but maybe later. Right now there is plenty of air exchange and the negative pressure in the return stack plays a part too.

Capture510.JPG

Capture224.JPG

Capture130.JPG

Capture413.JPG

Capture319.JPG

What difference just one day does - you can basically watch them grow:

Capture69.JPG

Capture75.JPG

I am considering LST to convert the sideshoots into top colas for clones:

Capture84.JPG

What I am going to do is get some nuts and use them as weights to keep the stalks down. I have seen that trick in someone's journal:

At which node do you usually do the topping?
PLUR

Funny why would someone tell you to run your c02 with the lights off or 24/7? Totally ass backwards. Glad you know your stuff. Lol

I think he was saying this because I have a co2 generator that runs off Natural gas, it really doesn't cost anything to run it (less than a hot water heater)
The plants grown outdoors their ppms never change their always at a consistent ppm level.
And I don't know the 1st thing about co2 other than what I have learned here so far.
Anyways I need a environmental controller and it would solve all the issues that I'm currently experiancing. Until then I'm just going to let it run, it'll help keep the room warm during winter when the lights are off.

Thanks everyone for the feedback, advice, and kind words!

I have made my sagging ducting routing much easier today. And yes, I was considering rigid duct, like I did in my other room, but maybe later. Right now there is plenty of air exchange and the negative pressure in the return stack plays a part too.

Capture510.JPG

Capture224.JPG

Capture130.JPG

Capture413.JPG

Capture319.JPG

What difference just one day does - you can basically watch them grow:

Capture69.JPG

Capture75.JPG

I am considering LST to convert the sideshoots into top colas for clones:

Capture84.JPG

What I am going to do is get some nuts and use them as weights to keep the stalks down. I have seen that trick in someone's journal:

At which node do you usually do the topping?
PLUR

With that many plants, I'm not sure if I would do any topping. I don't think I would use weights to train plants ether. I would think you would want to grow straight up, no branches. Like 2l hempy grows.

just my 2c
:peace:

I think he was saying this because I have a co2 generator that runs off Natural gas, it really doesn't cost anything to run it (less than a hot water heater)
The plants grown outdoors their ppms never change their always at a consistent ppm level.
And I don't know the 1st thing about co2 other than what I have learned here so far.
Anyways I need a environmental controller and it would solve all the issues that I'm currently experiancing. Until then I'm just going to let it run, it'll help keep the room warm during winter when the lights are off.

My bad space ghost but be careful in letting your c02 run 24/7. And I agree with space ghost. I wouldn't top since you are doing a sog plus you should top during your veg stage. Yes cooler temps produce purple color in some strains.

My bad space ghost but be careful in letting your c02 run 24/7.

I didn't know anything when I 1st started my co2 adventure and all advice is welcome. It's on a C.A.P PPM-4 controller so it's not just running wild. I really need a environmental controller. I like the sentential one that has a 600.00 price tag to go with it. It would take care of a lot of my little issues. co2 daylight, humidifier night, temperatures, exhaust, intake fans. its on the list.

I have to remind that this grow is meant to produce clones, not the bud

Opp's my bad. I thought you were just growing them out a little then going to flip to flower. I'm new and still learning.

So you took a whole bunch of clones from a mom, put them in here to make more clones too, put in the other set up?

I am going to cut clones off the vegged plants and moms alike (50/50?) to make the total of 224 viable clone. That's the goal. A lot of clones don't make it due to being too weak and small. I need 171 of those to be viable.
The plants I am chopping the clones off will be left with single cola and put in the different smaller rig for immediate flowering.
224 clones will develop for 2 weeks and will inhabit the big rig.

Going forward, I will need to do something creative in order to harvest 224 clones at once- I either need to grow more moms, or time both rooms the way that one room supplies clones for the other room, and then blooms, and vice-versa.

Anyways got some pics. Today is day 12:

Capture511.JPG

Capture610.JPG

The most developed plant:

Capture320.JPG

Capture225.JPG

A lot of plants have similar size roots, but due to underdeveloped nodes or complete absence of them, had to be discarded, just like this one:

Capture132.JPG

Pour out some liquor in you reservoirs gentlemen, in memoriam:

Capture414.JPG

Observation: I might need bigger drain holes later on:

Capture76.JPG

Question:

What is this white mold? is it dangerous, and if so - how do I fight it? Or should I?

Capture70.JPG

I need to get my steel wire, some heavy nuts from the bottom of a toolbox and start training some of these suckas
Let me know what you think of my cloning problem and offer possible solutions scenarios, I'd really appreciate that.
Peace and love

Help! I can't get rid of the some milky contamination in the water.
It came out of nowhere. I usually check the res water daily
When I checked the rez on Wednesday - it was like milk with tiny patches of oil floating on top, I was like oh shit.
It turns out that the UV sterilizer bulb fell out of the socket and wasn't on for these 2 weeks.
On Thursday, I replaced the water from the system, soaked what I could with Star San, scrubbed all I could, replaced the water and left the sterilizer on without the timer. I came back home the same night - and the shit was all over the place again. WTF? I need to think of something. Right now I am thinking of removing the plants temporarily and pouring some bleach straight in the res and running the system for a while. Does it sound like a good idea? Or should I try it with StarSan or peroxide instead? Help

Pics

Before the water change:

Capture77.JPG

Capture133.JPG

After:

Capture226.JPG

Capture321.JPG

Here is what I did in a meanwhile - took four identical glasses and filled them with contaminated water.
One got treated with peroxide, other with bleach, third with star san, and fourth with Pond Clear.
Now I sit and wait what happens:

Capture79.JPG

Update: added three more glasses: one with iodine, one with dishwashing liquid, and one with lime
No clearing in any of the glasses so far...

The results are in 7 hours later
And they are not encouraging

First pic was taken with the flash on and the second with flash off:

Capture80.JPG

Capture135.JPG

Nothing worked so far.
Do I pour like a gallon of bleach in the system to clean it out? I mean I could do that. But I am not sure if this is the answer.
I would have to flush it many times with star san or just plain tap water

How many bottles of 3% peroxide I would you get for 40 gal res?
Or should I go with a gallon of bleach?

Android,
I had something like what your pictures show; thought it was some insect larvae floating on the surface. Turned out to be some kind of bacteria that develops on stagnant water BUT I don't think that's what you have BUT then again...
Also, you should be able to get 17.5% ("Oxyplus") and 29% ("H2O2") from your local grow shop. Forget the 3% from the local drug store, worthless and expensive considering it's @ 3%.
I run my CO2 using a C.A.P. Air-4 and then use their PPM-4 sensor, which is factory set @ 1400 PPM. If memory serves me correctly, it cost around $125.00-$150.00. Does the same thing as their PPM-3 (@ $475.00) but isn't adjustable; cuts the CO2 off at >1400ppm. This makes a super difference, and no waste still!

I tried 100ml of concentrated H2O2- the milky slime still bounces back literally in a few hours.

I am also going to run all my lines (except for the rails with plants) and equipment with bleach again and then with the star san.

And then I am going to try the last resort - take out the sterilizer from the system and try adding lots of hydrozyme and/or mycorizzae and see if they prevent the rebound. Or try whatever else advise I might get at the hydro store, where I am going right now....

I have been changing the water and washing off the shit for the last 24 hours. Fuck!

:confused::surrender:

Oh no. I hate to see this. I have been thinking of changing over to this style of hydro. Now I am scared to. I hope you find a solution fast !

What are your water temps? You dont mention, that I saw, what kind of grow this is. Is it DWC?

My way of ridding the slime:

completely drain system and refill with tap water, no nutrients. Wipe everything down with a rubbing alcohol rag or white vinegar. Both evaporate quickly.

Take each plant out and with a spray bottle, spray the hell out of the roots. I found laying the roots suspended across the back of my hand helps to act as a spray board that makes pythium and slime drain off easily.

If this system is really holding 40g of water, then I would say you probably need to add 2400ml of 3% peroxide. Hell maybe even more. run this peroxide/tap water solution with the girls for 6 hours.

Drain, wipe down everything again, spray the girls roots again, refill with nutrient solution. You can add some h202 into the nutrient. I forget the proper mix amount. I'll try to find it. But I suggest not using hygrozyme if you use it, until after 3 days.

Get those water temps to 68f or lower. Ever since adding a chiller I have zero slimy issues.

I have 2 objections about water temps being a major factor in aero:
1) I just harvested a jungle of pot grown in 80F water which remained crystal clear all the way through this time.
2) When I was flushing chlorine and bactericide out of the system, I used tap water which was somewhat cold - the bacteria seemed to thrive in the cold water nevertheless.

I am not saying that chiller is a bad investment, I am just trying to point out that it wasn't equipment error - it was operator error - if I did everything like I should had - none of this would have ever happened. I should have checked if UV sterilizer was operational or not after hearing the rattling inside and ignoring it, I wouldn't end up like this.

The timeline of the tragic event and its containment efforts:
(follow the timestamps for understanding):

Capture77.JPG

Capture133.JPG

Capture226.JPG

Capture321.JPG

11686.JPG

10253.JPG

21278.JPG

31150.JPG

4789.JPG

5636.JPG

6534.JPG

7469.JPG

8366.JPG

9274.JPG

11687.JPG

12252.JPG

13186.JPG

14165.JPG

The shit gets ridiculous - I need to clone what I can from what I have and call it quits

Plan A was a failure, Plan B failed too. After 5 days of struggle I should hang the hat.
And make sure that sterilizer works and not just sits there...

I should clean my smaller rig and inhabit it for now. And in the meanwhile try to get a chiller for my tent, or sanitize and dry everything well before trying again.

That bites. Sorry to hear it dude. Looks like a lot of bleach is in order. I have read threads about using sodium hypochlorite(bleach) and calcium hypochlorite(pool shock) as an additive to the nute mix to keep bugs in check. Supposedly you can run about 2ppm for a preventative and 3-4 ppm to start with in a contaminated unit. I think I have the links if you want them...

I figured what happened.
The pump went kaput at some point of time
It was leaking lubricants in the water all the time since that happened....
...until it filled up with water and quit working altogether.
The puzzle pieces fell into their places all of the sudden...

Back
Top Bottom