1st Attic Hydro Grow (pics)

I don't know if anyone is still following this, but I finally got my digital camera back. I was going to post the pics from my thermal imaging camera, but the detail is too good and you can totally tell what the outside of my house looks like. Anyways, work has been really busy for me lately so I decided to go with a soil grow just to get my feet wet. Plus I read soil grows are less maintenance and being as busy as I am I felt this was the proper route to take for now. I still have all the equipment to do a hydro grow but I am going to wait until my next batch to do this. Anyways here's some pics of the ladies so far.
DSC00008.png

DSC00011.png

I want to start cutting for some clones but I'm not sure if it's too early or not. My tallest plant is about 13.5 inches tall. Some advice would be really helpful.

Nice grow man! Your room looks amazing! and your plants look very healthy. Are you going to keep those in party cups, or are you going to replant them to larger containers? And also are you vegging or flowering right now? Sorry for all the questions, for as i am also a noob grower, just trying to learn from others. Happy growing!

Nice grow man! Your room looks amazing! and your plants look very healthy. Are you going to keep those in party cups, or are you going to replant them to larger containers? And also are you vegging or flowering right now? Sorry for all the questions, for as i am also a noob grower, just trying to learn from others. Happy growing!

Heh thanks man. As for the party cups, hell no I can't wait to ditch those ugly things. Each plant is getting it's own 5 gal. bucket. They are all in veg right now and are going to stay that way until they get huge! As for topping I don't know if I am going to do that because so far my plants look healthy and happy and I don't want to do anything to disrupt that, except for transplanting of course. The plan I had so far was to let them veg for another month, then take some cuttings and let the clones go for about 2 weeks and throw them into flower so I can find out the sex. Unless someone else suggests something better...

Awesome room man.

Suggestions..

Transplant out of those dixie cups asap. You could be inhibiting growth.

I would switch to 12/12 for now wait until you see signs of sex cull the males and switch back to 24/0 or 18/6 and veg out as much as you need to and take your clones. Cut you clones above the first node on a branch so the donor plant will continue to branch out for you.

Be careful how much you veg before flowering. Plants can grow up to 4 times there original size after going to flowering. While huge plants look cool they are not very practical with indoor grows because indoor lighting just doesn't penetrate very deep into the canopy and the lower branches will lack bud quality compared to the top portion of the plant. One caveat to this is selecting a training method such as LST or scrog. These methods allow you to pull and bend the branches in such a way as to keep an even canopy. with these methods you now need more square footage as oppose to height since you are forcing the plant to grow along the x - axis so to say as oppose to up the y- axis

Not sure what the results of you IR imaging is but if you have any suspicious heat signatures check out "Block IR". It advertises the ability to reduce thermal images by 97%. You can line your room with it.

Love your motivation man. I'll be watching. :peace:

Thanks for the good advice. Here's some more pics for your pleasure.

DSC00017.png

Growin like a weed!

DSC00018.png

Signs of a female or just new growth?

DSC00006.png

Underneath my custom made hood.

DSC00007.png

Why have 1 when you can have 2 at twice the price!

Thanks for the good advice. Here's some more pics for your pleasure.

DSC00017.png

Growin like a weed!

DSC00018.png

Signs of a female or just new growth?

DSC00006.png

Underneath my custom made hood.

DSC00007.png

Why have 1 when you can have 2 at twice the price!

Are those MH bulbs? Are you running them off MH Ballasts or the floro ballasts? Its not a Mitsubishi ya know right? You don't have to mod everything you touch lol j/k

Are those MH bulbs? Are you running them off MH Ballasts or the floro ballasts? Its not a Mitsubishi ya know right? You don't have to mod everything you touch lol j/k

ROFL! Just call my plants the Diamond Star Strain! *Patent pending! Yep they are MH bulbs each has their own dedicated ballast.

This might help clarify. This was taken a few days ago. Since then almost all have been transplanted to bigger pots.

DSC00003-1.png

I'm no electrician but I did the best I could!

Why did you feel the need to take the ballasts apart? Aren't you worried about premature failure having them expose like that? Dust, Humidty all things electronics don't like. Or were they those single package reflector/ ballast deals before they got frankenstein'd?

Why did you feel the need to take the ballasts apart? Aren't you worried about premature failure having them expose like that? Dust, Humidty all things electronics don't like. Or were they those single package reflector/ ballast deals before they got frankenstein'd?

The ballasts came in these huge outdoor metal assembly type deals. I took them apart to rid myself of all that extra weight. I'm not worried bout premature failure because I have plenty of back up ballasts. If they do fail often then I will consider enclosing them somehow.

The ballasts came in these huge outdoor metal assembly type deals. I took them apart to rid myself of all that extra weight. I'm not worried bout premature failure because I have plenty of back up ballasts. If they do fail often then I will consider enclosing them somehow.

Ok gotcha. Cool. Did you take all your parents stuff apart too when you were growing up? lol

Looking great, man! I can't wait to see how your project turns out. Awesome work with all your construction. If you don't mind me asking are you in construction or do you just know how to use your hands?

I can't wait to show you guys what I have in store for the next 2 weeks. Silently, in my apartment, I'm going to use a little bit of everything off this site to make a grow only a tinkerer by trade will appreciate.

Wow, impressed with the quality work. I would hope that things are coming along pretty well? Any updates?

Ironically, I thought long and hard about doing a similar build as my home has some similar construction. Out of curiosity, hope you don't mind me asking, but what sort of construction costs did you end up getting into? After pricing the build, plumbing, electrical, automation equipment, etc. I ended up going for a couple of Producers from BC Northern lights instead... They're great machines but seeing your pictures makes me wish I had a little room above my garage to go lock myself in and get away from the lady. :)-~

Just thought I'd make an update here. I switched over to hydro and have been getting some good results. I could use some advice on keeping the PH balanced in the reservoir. The 3rd picture was taken at about 10 weeks into flowering and the last 2 pictures were taken 5 minutes prior to harvest! :smokin:

Back
Top Bottom