1st grow DIY aeroponics

kwar2010

420 Member
So first i gotta say its my first time growing aero! Any and all suggestions/advice is welcome. For this experiment i constructed your typical spray system.(30 gal. tote, micro sprayers, pvc pipe, etc.) Ive been growing since i was young and always had good results w/ soil. I gotta give mad props to a certain island that is green for inspiring others lol Started germinating 5 seeds day 3, 2 starting to sprout rest r sleepers. Got one already in some moist rockwhool til it pops out. Nutrients are gunna be dyna grow and dynabloom. The lighting is CFL 125w to get the babys goin veg, and for flower under 400w MH. Im real excited to see how it turns out, ive read other grow journals and have been very curious for some time, just been afraid to try sum new. Any comments/advice hit me up... I AM A NEWB lol here sum pics to give a quick idea of wats goin on.

thanks

aeroponics_experiment.jpg

aeroponics_experiment_1_.jpg

aeroponics_experiment_2_.jpg

aeroponics_experiment_3_.jpg

aeroponics_experiment_4_.jpg

nice setup, good luck.

Your setup looks nice. I am curious as to how you plan on accessing your reservoir to test the ppm and pH of the nute solution. I also think it would be beneficial to add another airstone or two. IME, aeroponics requires a good deal of attention to the nutrient solution, just be prepared to do a lot of daily testing if you want to stay on top of it. Good luck on germination!

Thanks for the positive feedback, glad to hear some approval..lol As for testing the ph/ppm in the res. The clear tubing coming from bottom of the resivoir i hook up to another (smaller) pump to drain the res. I imagine i can just test that way, but hey sumtimes things dont work out the way you always think. Just a lil info another seed popped out today and the one that i already got in the rockwhool, the leaves r starting to for and came out of its shell... But the seedlings leaves are white???? Ive been trying to keep them warm to stimulate root growth but really dont kno wat to do. Add nuts?? Keep in the dark, put in light, start it in the system??? This is where some good advice will save the day. lol

Thanks

outdoor_hogs_breathe.jpg

heres the one seedling coming out of her shell pale white n a root poppin out right under the potential new leaves... weird

So i decided the bagseeds aren't going to do the trick this time around. Ive grown a while never seen all white starter leaves before, so i picked up some clones from a local grower.The strains a full sativa called Chocolope. First time Ive heard of it but hey im hopin it works out! The Ph is bout 6.4... Whats the best range for Ph to get good nut absorption? I still got some RnD to do. lol O and I put two in some soil and will be thrown in a bloom box to become mothers. Heres a couple pics too show lila wats goin on. Thank again, StAY HI ;)
chocolope_002.jpg

chocolope_001.jpg

I like your setup on draining the res. I just use a wet-vac to drain mine out. I wish I could help with the white leaves problem, but I haven't dealt with that either. I keep my res pH between 5.5 and 5.8, general consensus is a pH between 5.0 and 6.0 for hydro/aero. I also ended up swithching to distilled water from tap water halfway during veg, and I haven't had any deficiencies since. Chocolope sounds like a tasty strain. Keep livin the good life...:rollit:

thanks for the info killum, and yeah i did some research on the seedlings. Apparently the leaves are white to start and change color to green when they are finished forming and ready to photosynthesize. Sure enough the tarded seed is changing green and the first new growth coming in. Since my R&D and a lil advice provided her. I lowerd the Ph to 5.5 day 1 with corrected Ph; my babys still look sad :( but i figure they'll pop right back in a few days. Hopfully ill have a good update to post in a few days.

StAY HI 4Me:bongrip:

What's good man? Haven't seen a post in a while. I hope you didn't lose your babies, best of luck to ya.

wats up ppl, sorry for not posted new thread in a while. A litle update on my chocolope- the aero was working great til the nuts got bumped up and the micro sprayers contstantly clogged. The aero has been converted to a bub tub, took out the sprayers and threw in sum airstons and filled her up. since the swap, the girls hav been goin off!! shocked em for bout 6 hours, they came back from drupen 2 strate troopen. the Ph has been consistant from 5.1-5.9 runnin 1000ppm. set scrog day 11 heres some pics of the girls at day 14! Enjoy

chocolope_12_6_09_001.jpg

chocolope_12_6_09_002.jpg

heres the bagseed in there new bubtub... one babys doin sum strange but dont kno what ph is 5.9 300ppm barely any nuts?? any suggestions or diagnosi??

chocolope_12_6_09_003.jpg

SCROG questions??

I just recently switched the lights over from 2 125w cfl's... to 10x 68w cfl's for flower. the lights barelt been over them 12 hours and they seem to really be loving the different setup, but as the tops grow should i keep tucking them back down under the screen?? or should i just let the smaller shoots fill out?? heres a couple pics of the girls to help show a lil bout whats goin on.
Ph-5.7
temp.-79*
res. temp. 68*

day_20_12_12_09_1_.jpg

day_20_12_12_09.jpg

few pics of the girls sorry for the prolonged update. ph been consistantly kept btwn 5.5-5.9 temp 70's and res temp 65

122809_flower_week_1_3_.jpg

122809_flower_week_1_2_.jpg

122809_flower_week_1_1_.jpg

122809_flower_week_1.jpg

well, talkin to the wall againlol its day 7 into flower. the nutes have been bumped up to 950ppm. the girls are taking very well, all 3 are sexually mature and ready to go kabloom. the trimmings from under the canopy have finally started to root, estimated time of transplant 1 week. got the 600 on the way, almost ready to toss those dam cfl's.
010609_001.jpg

i should've kept the girls from growing through the screen, newbie mistake i guess.
010609_002.jpg

the next batch is starting to get their feet wet
010609_004.jpg

How did this grow turn out?
We would love to be updated with some pictures and info!

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to abandoned journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Back
Top Bottom