1st grow Think Different yellow leaves

Zuchie

420 Member
Hey guys
im having this plant 2 weeks and a half now veging under a 100w 6500k led panel and 50w 3000k
i made a foolish mistake and put it under sun for like 3-4 hours for 3 days to see how it goes (very bad decision..)
Room temp 25-27 45-60%
after these sunny days my plant growth
exploded but the plant didnt seem so happy starting losing its color and the leaves starting culring downwards..
(good soil good watering good air circulation you dont have to worry but those )
i know the strain is sativa dominant but its automatic too and autos dont like so much sun light with high temps
so is there anything i can do at least to go normally from now on ... photos coming in a bit
if i missed something do ask please i will be online

No nutrients just plain water (i just ordered a ph meter im waiting for it )
IMG_20180829_231852.jpg
IMG_20180829_231833.jpg
IMG_20180829_231807.jpg

It looks like over-watering to me which is a common mistake for new growers. Let the soil dry out considerably in veg before re-watering, especially with new seedlings which don't have the roots to uptake a lot of water quickly, yet. She'll bounce back! :goodluck:

the leaves are crispy and look dry to the touch
and im sure overwatering doesnt make your plant yellow but
I don't know a lot of stuff i take your advice im watering like 100-150 ml at 3 days under the leds waiting for the soil to dry out (checking it with my finger )

the leaves are crispy and look dry to the touch
and im sure overwatering doesnt make your plant yellow but
I don't know a lot of stuff i take your advice im watering like 100-150 ml at 3 days under the leds waiting for the soil to dry out (checking it with my finger )

Don't be so sure!!! ;)

Problem: After watering, your plants start drooping. Usually the droopy leaves will feel firm and appear curled down (the whole leaf will be curled, not just the tips, which is often a sign of nitrogen toxicity). With overwatered cannabis plants, you may also notice Chlorosis (leaf yellowing that is similar to a nitrogen deficiency).

Overwatered cannabis plants are droopy with leaves that curl down. As a result of overwatering, leaves often turn yellow or show other signs of nutrient deficiencies (especially when it comes to younger plants and seedlings!)

cannabis-seedling-that-has-been-over-watered-xsm.jpg
nhappy-seedling-overwatered-solo-cup-rootbound-xsm.jpg

Overwatering does not always mean you’ve been giving the plant too much water. It can also mean that you’ve been giving the plant water too often, or growing plants in a growing medium that holds onto water without enough air, or doesn’t have good drainage out the bottom.

How Often Do I Water My Cannabis Plants?

Cannabis plants use their roots to get oxygen, almost like they’re breathing. Oxygen is dissolved in water, and there’s also air pockets in their grow medium to provide a source of oxygen. When you water your plants too often, the roots end up sitting in stagnant water. The reason your plants droop is because basically their roots are starving for oxygen.

This sick marijuana seedling has several symptoms including droopiness and leaves with brown spots that appear to be a nutrient deficiency. Surprisingly, the true cause of both problems actually is the thick, wet, muddy soil.

watered-seedling-looks-like-nutrient-deficiency-sm.jpg

The main sign of a cannabis plant being overwatered are the droopy leaves, though other symptoms often appear around the same time!

medium_over-watering.jpg
medium_cannabis-drooping-overwatered.jpg
medium_marijuana-drooping-overwatered.jpg
over-watered-marijuana-plant-sm.jpg

Overwatered Marijuana Plants
  • Drooping / Curling is the first sign of overwaterd marijuana plants
  • Plants start drooping soon after watering
  • Leaves are firm and curled down all the way from the stem to the leaf
  • Will eventually lead to leaf yellowing and other signs of nutrient problems if not corrected
overwatered-marijuana-too-long-sm.jpg
overwatered-marijuana-seedling.jpg

Even though the soil may feel dry with your finger, the root zone may still be very moist (especially in those large containers!). The weight of the container is a good way to judge! :Namaste:

When plastic containers dry out, the soil will start to pull away from the pot. I look for this as well as lifting the pot.

god damn ... you are right so i slow down on watering even more
I guess the yellow leaves will stay that way but the new ones will grow green if i treat it good .
Is that correct?
any advice on nutrients to boost it ? or i will make it worse ?

god damn ... you are right so i slow down on watering even more
I guess the yellow leaves will stay that way but the new ones will grow green if i treat it good .
Is that correct?
any advice on nutrients to boost it ? or i will make it worse ?

It's possible the yellow starts greening up, but I wouldn't worry about it since she'll end up shedding those lower leaves eventually, anyways. And, she's still young/small enough and the container is large enough, that you shouldn't need to add nutrients for quite a while (I'm assuming that is soil and not some soil-less mix!). Even if soil-less, wait until she has 3-5 sets of new leaves, then start on 1/4 strength nutes and work up from there.

a small update from the lady
leaves are even more yellow than yesterday but new leaves coming green as you can see.
i spotted some very small brown spots ( first pic front leaf zoom in you will see it )

my soil felt dry but i have never used foxfarm moisture retaining salamander soil. After reading here and taking a chance in week 6, i pulled her out and found 3 inches of water in the rock layer. It would have never dried in my high humidity. She loves her new moist soil.

Back
Top Bottom