1st Grow

IMG_17889.JPG

IMG_178914.JPG

IMG_17905.JPG

IMG_17919.JPG

IMG_17857.JPG

IMG_17867.JPG

IMG_178711.JPG

I've read that you mainly want to keep your root zone between 65-75 degrees Fahrenheit to produce the best activity. So the heating pad may be a good idea, then you could possibly leave your light cycle on 18/6 and the heating pad on at night. & with the info stated before combined with this, hopefully these girls can be saved!!! :high-five:

Hey Russdawggg, you have some great responses to assist you. I would like to add that I believe your plants are stretching too much as well. You should be able to bring your light source closer to your plants and watch for any burn as you slowly bring in your lights. I think you are using led's around 26watts, check and see how far you're lights are now and let us know please. As far as waterings go, you definitely should let the containers dry out, at the very least the very bottom of the containers may still have some moisture before you water again. This allows the roots to grow stronger by seeking out the water within the soil as opposed to being soaked and waterlogged. If you are using 1qt containers you could go as far as three days(watering on the third day) before watering but the weight of the pot will tell you if it is still heavy with water or light due to dry soil through out the container. So check after you water to gauge the weight difference. Once the containers are dry you can water again and allow water to run slightly from holes at the bottom. I do this type of watering every other watering to help avoid in any salt build up at bottom of containers depends on the grow. I monsoon my organic grows after letting them dry out and they love it and respond well! The other watering simply allows the water to drip from the bottom of the container. From the above pics, things are looking a little better with most, the one looks bad but these are resilient plants, so fingers crossed bro!:peace:

If I was to use a hydroponic system, but i have my plants in CocoTek Coir Cup with soil and the roots probably went through. i should just forget about switching?

Russ, your fan if it is for circulation is a good thing to keep on,especially at low speeds you don't want a hurricane wind in there lol. Monitor your Rh and Temps and regulate them accordingly. I see you said lights are 4" away, you can place your hand above your plants close to the light for about a min and if it doesn't make your hand uncomfortable or began to burn then your plants will be fine as well. This way you can see if your lights can get even lower. Just a thought.

Sounds like 12/12 from seed if the temps are ok!! Or you could bring them inside and place them under some light for the add'l hrs to keep them vegging.

To start it would be like 12/12, but after awhile itll be like 14/10 and they will reveg.

when i took the plant out from the container, the soil was really wet. And by using one fan to circulate the air and keep the heat up t

This is just a guess, but judging from the size of your pots, the look of the type of soil and the size of the plants each one will only need to be watered once every 5-8 days.

The new sprouts will be more near 8 days, the bigger guys will probably be closer to 5ish days.

If you are watering more then once every 3 days i can just about promiss its too much.

DSCN7274.JPG

see how bone dry the top of the soil looks in those seedling cups, i let them go like 2 more days after that point before i even watered again.

every week is probably a safe bet, keep in mind that some dry out sooner then others though, given their size, the size of the pot, and soil type.

Like all the little cups i showed you i water them about once every 4 day, but then i got some bigger plants that are in much larger pots that only need once every 7-10 days, then there are new clones that are in half gallons that need once every 5-6.

So just keep an eye on them, if they start to droop they need water. After awhile you will learn which plants need water at which times before a droop happens.

Back
Top Bottom