1st Indoor CFL Grow Box! Check Me Out - Tips & Critics Welcomed!

how far into flower is she ? most weight/ resin production occurs in the last couple weeks. also are you going to do 2-3 day dark period before harvest ? im going to try if i have a closet or somewhere dark and cool. the plants freak out and makes tons of extra resin in effort to survive.

how far into flower is she ? most weight/ resin production occurs in the last couple weeks. also are you going to do 2-3 day dark period before harvest ? im going to try if i have a closet or somewhere dark and cool. the plants freak out and makes tons of extra resin in effort to survive.
the two girls are roughly 5 weeks an a day. an please tell more about the dark period ? i have heard a little about it but wasnt gonna do it. what do you think ? an how would i go about it myself ? thanks.

okay so here are some more pics :) god damn i hate waiting for the lights to come on lol the girls are about 5 weeks into flowering an smellin soo good, lookin alright too i think ;) i also took my sunblaster buld an placed it above my plants for some extra lighting/spectrum the pic with the 2 spectrums looks pretty cool. anyways here they are!
20130605_110557.jpg
20130605_110544.jpg
20130605_110607.jpg
20130605_110625.jpg
20130605_110620.jpg
20130605_120154.jpg

20130605_121153.jpg

the sesh room/where i spend most of my day with my ladies an the bong ;) lol

Nice Bong! er...Buds....er....pics....Everything!

They are looking delicious!

I've been reading about trichomes and Indicas don't go amber. Only sativas, but they don't go cloudy, only clear to amber.

If you have amber trichs, then that could be a sativa dominant pheno and go a few more weeks,

If the trichs are brown then it my be an early finishing indica dom and pretty much ready.

Through the hybridisation maybe the trich behave somewhere in the middle, but check again.

Make sure they are clear amber. Cloudy amber is degradation as far as i've read,

but proper info is hard to come by. You know your plant best and when she's ready is up to you, of course.

I don't mean to ramble, but I thought you might be interested :goodjob:

2 plants in soil is a no no, but DWC is a mystery to me :)

Thanks for inviting us into your session room :)

Nice Bong! er...Buds....er....pics....Everything!

They are looking delicious!

I've been reading about trichomes and Indicas don't go amber. Only sativas, but they don't go cloudy, only clear to amber.

If you have amber trichs, then that could be a sativa dominant pheno and go a few more weeks,

If the trichs are brown then it my be an early finishing indica dom and pretty much ready.

Through the hybridisation maybe the trich behave somewhere in the middle, but check again.

Make sure they are clear amber. Cloudy amber is degradation as far as i've read,

but proper info is hard to come by. You know your plant best and when she's ready is up to you, of course.

I don't mean to ramble, but I thought you might be interested :goodjob:

not rambling whatsoever man! im very interested an i appreciate every word. an thanks a lot :) im kinda takin it day by day checkin the trichs. there is def a lot of cloudy ones. im gonna begin flushing now lol i was gonna before but i gave it one more dose an i prolly shouldnt have but whatever. i think maybe a week to 9 days left till chop ;) an yall are very welcome! thanks for stoppin by :)

the two girls are roughly 5 weeks an a day. an please tell more about the dark period ? i have heard a little about it but wasnt gonna do it. what do you think ? an how would i go about it myself ? thanks.

well usually if you know your harvest date you just make the last 3 days your dark days, (in your case just keep lights off for last couple.)

it really frosts them up the difference in resin production is insane. i figure you can just decide a week ahead of time your gonna harvest and just make the last few days dark period.

this is the first grow i didn't top my plants, they are just going to be pruned, and going to do dark period for the first time this grow.

P.S.
your box is pretty small for 4 full size plants and definetly dont want 2 to a pot, they fight for dominance of nutrients when put in the same pot.

if you did 1:1 in 5 gallon buckets you can do two plants, just make sure the strains you get are good of course,
i would do two plants low stress training and top them in your box, and if you dont know what pruning is im happy to explain

EDIT: and shouldn't you flower for like 2 and a half more weeks ? cant really tell you myself how ripe this bud is , have all the pods opened up with hairs ? when i first started growing i thought these were the nugs and definetly was in a rush to smoke them premature or not.

well usually if you know your harvest date you just make the last 3 days your dark days, (in your case just keep lights off for last couple.)

it really frosts them up the difference in resin production is insane. i figure you can just decide a week ahead of time your gonna harvest and just make the last few days dark period.

this is the first grow i didn't top my plants, they are just going to be pruned, and going to do dark period for the first time this grow.

P.S.
your box is pretty small for 4 full size plants and definetly dont want 2 to a pot, they fight for dominance of nutrients when put in the same pot.

if you did 1:1 in 5 gallon buckets you can do two plants, just make sure the strains you get are good of course,
i would do two plants low stress training and top them in your box, and if you dont know what pruning is im happy to explain

EDIT: and shouldn't you flower for like 2 and a half more weeks ? cant really tell you myself how ripe this bud is , have all the pods opened up with hairs ? when i first started growing i thought these were the nugs and definetly was in a rush to smoke them premature or not.

nice nice an yea 4 would be a little too many i will just go with 2 prolly. an of course ill get good strains online for sure, im gonna totally do a trimming to just get lots of tops an focus on them. an yup i think i have roughly 2 weeks maybe a little under.. they are a day or two over 5 weeks flowering an from what im told they are a 7 weeker. anyways with the pods opening an such.. cause to explain a little more what i should be looking for for true ripeness ? thanks again

Well once all the pods are open and sprouted hairs you know its pretty much there just wait for the explosive growth period to slow down, do a flush/dark period and harvest.

Its really a matter of time on how ripe your bud will be, just see how its growing goes these last few weeks to see when it slows down, stop the nutes do a flush maybe some molasses and a dark period once you decided," okay im going to cut on this day. " then like i said you can make those last few days your period of dark.

EDIT: really , you see them everyday and know whats happening the whole time.

so for me to say anymore than that, i just cant. you will know/decide when is the best time to cut.

definitely, iv planned out the next two weeks they take up about 1 gallon every 3 days. so im gonna nute them once more tmrw. at about half strength an then just molasses an do a final flush on the last watering then straight dark for the last 3 days an instead of their regular watering ill just be harvesting :)

yeah theres really no way to know how long to run them in flower, without any credible info. on the strain anyways.

and even if you did it takes multiple grows of the same strain to get it right, its really trial and error.

Back
Top Bottom