1st Time Hydro Grow Wilma 10 Pot White Russian!

Re: 1st time hydro grow wilma 10 pot white russian!!

hey party people , hows hows fings ???
:thanks: for the reps labrat & ya apreciation in this journal . its my 1st ever 1 so im still learning the basics !!
any how enough wi all vat lol , the plants wen the pics were taken 2 days ago had jus been put into flower for 24 hours , & had some lst,ing done to them 24 hours b4 the switch by bending them ova & tying the tops down with some tyraps , so the lower buds get light & keep height down in genral!!
wen i bended the plants tallest was 10inches & smallest was 7 inches !!

i would like 2 stress that iam sticking to the 400w mh for the 1st week of flower to try n stop massive amount ov stretchin b4 putting the 600w hps in the growtent !!

i am also sticking to using the canna aqua vega ( veg nutes ) for the 1st week ov flowering cos ive read somewhere on this site that the plants prefer it , (dont honestly know why but eh if it works !!)

Picture_01328.jpg

ok so that how fings are pretty much looking in the grow room at the moment & things are seeming pretty fine , i avnt had chance 2 trim em or prune any unnecesary leaves of yet but i will be doin so b4 the weeks out !! i also dont know how many are females yet but am hoping at least half ov em are , supposedly serious seeds are pretty genetics anyways feelow growers peace 4 now !!!

hi noreastfog ,
:thanks: for the kind comments & i can honestly say hand on my heart this is my 1st attempt at growing in hydro!!
However i have grown in soil in the past in a bit ov a crappy shed operation ,
got about 3 soil grows under my belt but somehow or another always ran into problems , with either plants gettin deficiencys or over feeding them !!

I decided 2 giv hydro a go & f**ck the soil game off too much hassle in my imo!! Im glad you like the pics & if ya new to growing ide defintly giv hydro a go cos so far im as happy as larry wi it lol & try & keep thing as simple as possible :thumb:!! :peace:

hi noobie
yes in a previous post i pointed out that i did some lst,ing by bending the tops & tying them down with some tyraps about 24 hrs b4 they went into flower , ile also be cutting off the lower leaves & flowers that wont get any light aswel to get cuttings but i jus avnt ad the time 2 get round to it as ov yet !! :peace:

Hey jack Gary here i have a few question need answering and was wondering if you could help me.
You have basically the same set up as me in regards to the Wilma. My plants keep dying after 2 and a half weeks and its killing me, so here's the questions

1)
How long from germination did you transplant to the Wilma hydro?

2)
Is you drippers going directly into the rock-wool cubes?

3)
How long do you water the seedlings?
How long do you water during veg?

4)
I noticed you switched to the blue flooder's later in the grow, are they better?

5)
What strength of nutes are you using at each stage.

If you could answer these for me you'll have a friend for life lol My grow is on hold the now all is in your hands Mr Ruby.:peacetwo:

hi wgazza ile try my best 2 answer ya questions , i know its a b****rd when things go wrong lol !!

ok question 1 ) i transplanted my seeds 2 my kit about a week after they sprouted , at this point i was only spraying them with ph corrected water & formulex with a ec of aroun 0.6 jus make sure they dont dry out but also dont drown them !! it takes a little practice but ide say 50% moisture is about rite !! 2 ) yes my drippers were directly in between the 1 inch cubes & the 3 inch cubes to make sure the solution got to the roots!!

3 ) when i put my seedlings in the pots with the clay pebbles, i watered once a day with the drippers & used formulex in the res with ph of 5.4 -5.9 & used an ec of 0.6 to 0.9 !!
during veg i i switched to using half strength canna nutes with the same ph as above but used a ec of 0.9 to 1.1 & watered them twice a day for 15mins

4) i swapped to the flood drippers in the middle of the second week of veg , the root mass grows fast in these kits & ule never satisfy ya plants thirst if you leave in the arrow drippers , i would regard this as a must but try & time it correctly cos if you put in the flooders too i early , i could suspect youd end up drownin ya plants

5) i use canna aqua nutes at half strength it brings the ec to around 1.2 which i think is around perfect , dont take any notice about hardwater areas & all that crap about using distilled or ROwater , my water comes out at a ph of around 8 & when adjusted my plants seem fine

i hope ive answered ya questions as detailed as possible but if theres anything ive missed or forgotten , just giz a shout & ile try my best to help ya !! hope ya get the hang of the wilma kit cos wen youve got it dialed in its a wicked piece of kit in my opinion :peacetwo:

hi people hows evry1 ??
sorry i aint been around lately but due 2 startin a new job & working long hours , i just havent had the time 2 do what i enjoy best !! Anyhow im here now & its back to business lol !!
After a short hiccup it seems the grow is back on track & things are runnin smoothly !!
how the problem arose was when i turned them 12/12 i went to my local hydro store to buy a relay for my timer as ive had no end ov problems with timers for my light . When i spoke to the guy at the hydro store he explained i didnt need a relay due to the fact i was only running one 600w hps light & advised buying a relay would be a waste of money & advised me on just buying a decent timer which i did !! Everyfing was running smooth for the 1st 3 or 4 days in flowering till i noticed about a week after that something just wernt right , no flowers were developing watsoeva but growth was still happening fast ! in the end i found it was to do with my timer not working at all when it was suposed 2 , it had been running the light on for 24hrs a day for bowt a week or so & everytime i checked on my plants it was like bein in an oven !! so basicaly ive spent 15odd qid on a timer vats f***ing useless !!
at the moment im turning the grow room on & off manualy every 12 hrs which is a bit of a pain in the butt !! if any1 cud giv any advice on this subject it would mean the world to me , i would like to stress aswell that the timer is the exact same model for turning on my waterpump & that is still working fine!! im guna put some pics up in a mo to show how things are atm by rights i should be well into my second week or so of flowering but it looks more like about 5days into !!
anyway ile try not dis hearten myself or any1 else for that matter & i hope you like the pics & hi to every1 who has posted in this journal !!:thanks: and :peace: hope to hear from u all soon !!!!

Back
Top Bottom