1st time out - Think I have a hermie

yankeetoker

Screenshot_2015-12-02-19-45-24.png
Screenshot_2015-12-02-19-43-08.png
20151128_172339.jpg
I was looking at my plant the other day, and noticed what I believe are "male parts". I also have white hairs as well, so I was holding out hope...what do you guys think?

ya sucks did you clone the plant a lot some times it brakes down it happen to me a skunk#1 after two years of cloning it. or you dark to light is messing up and your shocking the plant making it go crazy make sure no light is leaking in the grow room

Did all your clones show signs of herming, or was it just a few? Did you try and develop feminized seeds?

Ya it was one or two then six and after ten i just start something new it was time for a change. There so munch better stuff that will help my needs then Skunk#1

Ya it was one or two then six and after ten i just start something new it was time for a change. There so munch better stuff that will help my needs then Skunk#1

My goal is to keep a strain I like going without having to start over with seed. But if, after a while, it starts to hermie, I'm seriously thinking about trying to get them to seed. From what I read, it's better to cross pollinate a male pod to another plant of the same strain and not self-pollinate, to avoid genetic tendency to hermie. Is this correct thinking?

ya sucks did you clone the plant a lot some times it brakes down it happen to me a skunk#1 after two years of cloning it. or you dark to light is messing up and your shocking the plant making it go crazy make sure no light is leaking in the grow room

Actually it was never cloned, it is (was) a Ganja Dwarf Autofem strain that I purchased for my 1st time out. Will definitely send pictures to seed bank.

Where did you get that seed from? Was that bag seed?

That doesn't look like a stress Hermi. That looks like a generational hermi. Like someone gave you seed from a hermi. That is way too immature to have both parts from stress. If you paid for that I want to know where from!!!!

Where did you get that seed from? Was that bag seed?

That doesn't look like a stress Hermi. That looks like a generational hermi. Like someone gave you seed from a hermi. That is way too immature to have both parts from stress. If you paid for that I want to know where from!!!!

It was my first time buying seeds, and I purchased them from Amsterdam Marijuana Seed Bank.

They say auto fems are easy to turn hermi since they really are a hermi.

The really need to collect the pollen from one fem they turn and use it on another fem to make strong Fems.

Good luck. They will probably give you a $10 off coupon where you should buy normal seeds and breed yourself a batch. If you want to know how to do that just ask as I just explained it in a journal so I can point it to ya.

The really need to collect the pollen from one fem they turn and use it on another fem to make strong Fems.

Good luck. They will probably give you a $10 off coupon where you should buy normal seeds and breed yourself a batch. If you want to know how to do that just ask as I just explained it in a journal so I can point it to ya.

I sent them an email with photos, will let you know what their reply is. Thanks for your input.

Waiting on some white widow and northern lights from another company now, and will try again after the new year.

They took no responsibility for the bad seeds, just gave me a list of ways I could have stressed them out....never will I buy from them again...

Yeah I had to get pretty short with the guys I had to deal with just to get the coupon.

So I hate to say this but I really feel Autos are for experienced growers only. Once the plant starts bloom a cascade of chemical reactions are occurring that are out of your control as the plant is basically going through the last stages of life. In Veg we can do all kinds of crazy things and fix it and restart it and whack it back and it will be fine but once bloom starts you are driving down hill without breaks. Since autos start bloom nearly immediately you not only have to know how to transition them after 2 weeks of growth but you have to know how to flush them properly. You really need to know about nute balance and raising it and lowering it in a very short window. If you are i soil that can be very difficult for a newb.

I know a lot of people go after them up front thinking they are easier but they are actually much more difficult than regular seeds. The only thing that is easier is the easiest thing about growing which is you don't have to use an automated light timer. But you do have to know a lot of things about growing to hit it correctly.

Back
Top Bottom