1st Timer - 8 Plants + 5 Strains - Advice Welcome!

tommytim, I don't think you need any advice you seem to have everything under control, the plants are a nice healthy shade of green, the leaves are hugh, the buds are big for day 35 of 12/12, you keep your grow room nice and clean, well organized, just keep on doing what you're doing and reading everyone's journals for some tips you may not know about, everyday on this site, I learn something new/how's the heat in Spain today, has heat wave broke for you yet?/grace

hi grace :thanks: for kind words i do nothing but follow journals ask for advice i just want to grow decent meds no point doing it if i cant do it right.money is always the problem.im happy so far just a few small things nothing major.my 2 girls in veg are so slow aswell as my first ice planted has hardly done anything.i planted the power flower long after ice she is as tall not as much leaf sites but in a few days i expect her to catch up..i will have to start another journal for that and clones..my clones are doing ok diffrent feeling with clones seeing them root was:woohoo: well proud i am lol.........well gracie i hope all is ok with your new fungal grow im away to check it out..:Namaste::high-five::420::peace:

In the beginning the seedlings are so delicate, we have to watch them very closely, or something could happen and :rip: they're gone, and the journal will be a long one as I will be going from germinating to harvest, see you soon, take care/grace

hi shmoke..lol..i see yir point lad i got carried away thinkin it will pass the time if i had more strains :oops: heavy blunder..lol..im to late now no way am i chopping them down.time blood sweat and tears.not to mention money spent in flower.just to chuck no chance...i will have to do some more changes to flower side of my grow room just to be sure they have room... well m8 hope all at your end is cool.:Namaste:

Everything great over here. Just a waiting game for me at the moment, still a few weeks to go :(

HOWDIE growers....:tommy:..well sunday morning took another few pics for you to enjoy excuse pic quality.. my temps are still threw the roof outside temps over 100 still inside i cant get it lower than 90..ok first 2 are cheese
PLANTS_138.jpg
PLANTS_139.jpg
they are looking abit sorry for themselves must be the heat..ok next is unknown (white widow)
PLANTS_146.jpg
.unknown again ( critical mass me thinks).i had to tie her together she is spreading all over my grow room according to royal queen seeds she should be first to get chopped she is leaning against my skunk but what can i do.
PLANTS_145.jpg
..now skunk lady..
PLANTS_143.jpg
.just a pic of veg side as you can see i have 2 big girls in veg (skunk.white widow) also 2 ice.2 power flower seedlings..3 skunk clones and 2 more clones in dome..(skunk white widow)
PLANTS_144.jpg
pic before i turned lights out today
PLANTS_147.jpg
..no sun out today but humidity is 80% not good need to get a dehumidifier i have humidifier but never use it no need.SODS LAW..thats what i get buying it before i needed it..well rant finished :Namaste::peace::rollit:

hi well been very busy again summer is here with a bang.non stop work dont have as much time to upload pics this month.im trying to keep you all informed and updated folks..well here is the first pic all pics taken on the 3rd,,first pic unknown (critical)
PLANTS_152.jpg
PLANTS_157.jpg
(unknown..white widow)
PLANTS_158.jpg
PLANTS_159.jpg
PLANTS_160.jpg
skunk
PLANTS_155.jpg
cheese
PLANTS_156.jpg
pic of lights on
PLANTS_161.jpg
.lights off
PLANTS_150.jpg
PLANTS_151.jpg
..... well enjoy folks i will upload more pics tomorrow....

my temps are still far to high my tent got up to 96.7 threw the night when lights are running..still got to get threw august GREAT!!!!!!!..lol..:Rasta:the smell WELL PHEWW getting strong will have to stop opening the flap of my tent cant afford to let smell escape and bring ant unwanted attention..ive been putting it off because i cant seem to cool the tent if flap is closed.so catch 22 im confused..lol.doesnt take much.:cheesygrinsmiley:...well more pics tomorrow will try and get bud shots.i can take them on fone camera but comp wont let me download wiñll try to get to bottom of it :peace:

looking good mate.

Regarding your temps. Do you have an intake fan or just a passive intake?

looking good mate.

Regarding your temps. Do you have an intake fan or just a passive intake?

hiya shmoke i have 2 intake fans i got from my local grow shop..they bring plenty air in its just like a hairdryer..hot air for the majority of the day.it brings cooler air in during the night..ive tried all sorts of things i have 2 400w hps lights but only use one as temps just get far to hot.i will only use 2 during winter easier to cool. my intention was to use both i wanted to maximise yeild but as with alot of first time growers was thinking big now im growing i realise what is realistic for the country im in also the space i have.my girls have not long had there light put on for the night getting very smelly MMMMMMM :cool::allgood::yikes: got to watch nieghbours..i have airfilter but just not connected it up yet wanted to wait until late as possible.i will upload more pics tomorrow will try and put up better bud shots as you all know not great camera...:peacetwo:

so you have intake and extractor fan on and still too hot. damn! lucky you lol.

might sound daft mate but try freezing a few 2ltr bottles of water and sit them next to your air intake fan so that the air is cooled before it passes. or sit them in the room itself although I imagine they would melt pretty fast inside, cooling the outside air would be your best bet.

hi 420ers...:thumb:.well ive had non stop problems im working until late everynight which has turned into a nightmare my lights go on at 8pm then 1 hour later my mother was to feed my girls and flush my unknown girl.(critical).the buckets are clearly marked guess what she done fed her nutes and she turned a bit yellow i got home and :yikes: i couldnt shout at my mother wouldnt have went down well...lol..i flushed her again with proper water she is looking a wee bitty better if she doesnt look better tonight when lights go on i may think about just pulling her.. she is 49 days into 12/12 royal seeds say 7wks..i will take pics tonight get some info from you all...now my 2 girls that are in veg im sure i can seee signs of spider mites AWW NAWW not happy it just seems to be at that side of the room not in the tent im panicking. ive ordered stuff from 1 of our sponsors hopefully gets here before ive no plants lol..well folks will get pics up tomorrow for you all..my other ladies in tent are coming along well not growing much except my other unknown (white widow) she is looking the biggest and takes the longest to flower RQS say 9wks i will post pic tomorrow :Namaste::peace:

aw naw right enough mate. I was reading a homemade solution for spider mites, boiling some ciggys and some chillies or something in water and strain it, let it cool and spray. best to find the thread think.
Hope you get it sorted

Found it, Big thanks to Miwa(i think that was the poster).

Really does not look like a mite...but this is for mites...Recipe for an insecticidal soap: 1 Tablespoon Murphy’s oil soap 3 Tablespoons Cayenne pepper (Tabasco may also be used) 1 Quart warm water Mix all together well and spray on plants.

I think murphys soap is just fairy liquid to you and I lol

aw naw right enough mate. I was reading a homemade solution for spider mites, boiling some ciggys and some chillies or something in water and strain it, let it cool and spray. best to find the thread think.
Hope you get it sorted

A "NO MORE SPIDER MITES OLD SKOOL FORMULA" I have been using for several years is as follows:
(finished product will be 64 ounces, for more adjust accordingly)
* 4-5 Habanero peppers per 1/2 gallon finished product desired.
* 3-4 grams tobacco (preferred natural, roll your own chemical free tobacco)
* 2 garlic cloves
Crush and make as small a pieces as possible each of the above and put into SEPARATE ready boiled water (approximately 16 ounces of water in each)that is turned off and steep for 20-30 minutes until cool. DO NOT BOIL THE INGREDIENTS AT ALL!!! THESE MUST BE DONE IN THREE SEPARATE SAUCEPANS WHILE STEEPING. Once cooled, blend the three above ingredients into your 64 ounce container, and add clean, filtered water to make up the total of 64 ounces.You will have lost some to evaporation. For some unknown reason, the three MUST be done separately, if done together, there is some funky chemical reaction while it is still hot. Once blended, add 3-4 drops of olive oil and shake to mix. Shake while using too as things settle. Spray the plants like all the other methods tell you, careful to get EVERY spot on the plant, soil/media and even the surrounding floor area. Plats love it, can spray in flower too, up to the day before harvest. Totally organic!
Like I said, I have been using this over 3 years and have no more mites. I found this after having an infestation that NOTHING worked on, until I did this. OPTIONAL Geraniums in the grow area as well as their extract, added to the above formula adds a good boost to the defenses. Also Carnation, Cinnamon and Peppermint.

Back
Top Bottom