1st Timer - 8 Plants + 5 Strains - Advice Welcome!

plants_0442.jpg
hi folks this is my girl (cheese) she is 19 days into 12/12 i wrote on my post days into flower instead of counting from when they started to bud to much meds:tokin:..lol..can anyone help me with this problem my girls leafs are turning up.i think its my temps causing this..im struggling to get them down lastnight when i was running my lights it was 90 in my tent i have flap open wide so they get air in the room also i keep the room door open with a fan in the hallway pointing in towards room still not bringing it down but keeping it the same.

hi grace:thanks: again..you must be a mind reader i walked about my house lastnight turning off everything i wasnt using.turned off all the stand by buttons.only doing laundry at nights.its hot during the day so clothes dry easy here.as you say a little goes along way.my landlord is ok he doesnt come near my house i see him once a month when rent dat arrives he mentioned lastmonth about electric being double the norm and asked if all was ok with the power i said its very hot i need to run aircon more he said try and take it easy.i live with my mother and one of the main reasons im doing this is of course for meds for me plus my mother is old she suffers from painfull joints so trying to grow so her quality of life eases a bit.i think i will look at more sativs for my next grow someone said they adapt to the heat better..hopefully this grow gives me good quality :lot-o-toke:......ive got more pics of my grow also my grow room inline fans still to put up.they are on my camera but this comp is playing up will post asap..:peace:

You may also mention that you know others who's electric has also jumped up due to the heat, and if possible offer to help him pay some of the bill, but only if it is not a hardship to you.

Remember, don't just turn off switches, unplug from sockets, something plugged in will still draw energy. I'll check out your site tonight/Thank you/grace:goodjob:

plants_0442.jpg
hi folks this is my girl (cheese) she is 19 days into 12/12 i wrote on my post days into flower instead of counting from when they started to bud to much meds:tokin:..lol..can anyone help me with this problem my girls leafs are turning up.i think its my temps causing this..im struggling to get them down lastnight when i was running my lights it was 90 in my tent i have flap open wide so they get air in the room also i keep the room door open with a fan in the hallway pointing in towards room still not bringing it down but keeping it the same.

You may want to hang something white like panda film or mylar, if your plants are in the room in your picture the wood will absorb the heat, and not be reflective, also with your fan situation, try to have at least one tall one and a smaller one on the opposite side of the grow, tilt the fan upward toward the top of the plants to keep heat up and closer to exhaust, just my opinion from what I see in your picture. Also, can you fit the fan inside the room, l think you need the fan as close as possible to keep light's heat pushing away from the tops of your plants, this helped me when I was trying to figure out my room, it may take a few attempts and moving lights and fans, plants to better your situation/good luck Tim, hope this helps. Good luck/grace:thumb:

You may want to hang something white like panda film or mylar, if your plants are in the room in your picture the wood will absorb the heat, and not be reflective, also with your fan situation, try to have at least one tall one and a smaller one on the opposite side of the grow, tilt the fan upward toward the top of the plants to keep heat up and closer to exhaust, just my opinion from what I see in your picture. Also, can you fit the fan inside the room, l think you need the fan as close as possible to keep light's heat pushing away from the tops of your plants, this helped me when I was trying to figure out my room, it may take a few attempts and moving lights and fans, plants to better your situation/good luck Tim, hope this helps. Good luck/grace:thumb:
hi grace this isnt the part of my room im growing in i have a tent.i took girls out so i could try and get a clearer pic...i have 2 small fans pointed above the the plants below the light blowing any hot air straight up my out take..outside my grow tent in the rest of the room where i veg my plants was just over 90 again..im planning on an overhall to my grow space now ive started im learning so much now i could probably set it up better..but i will have to wait until my girls are ready i just wont put anymore in 12/12 until its sorted..:thanks:

hi grace this isnt the part of my room im growing in i have a tent.i took girls out so i could try and get a clearer pic...i have 2 small fans pointed above the the plants below the light blowing any hot air straight up my out take..outside my grow tent in the rest of the room where i veg my plants was just over 90 again..im planning on an overhall to my grow space now ive started im learning so much now i could probably set it up better..but i will have to wait until my girls are ready i just wont put anymore in 12/12 until its sorted..:thanks:

Good work, keep it up/grace:bravo:

You may also mention that you know others who's electric has also jumped up due to the heat, and if possible offer to help him pay some of the bill, but only if it is not a hardship to you.

Remember, don't just turn off switches, unplug from sockets, something plugged in will still draw energy. I'll check out your site tonight/Thank you/grace:goodjob:

hi grace that is exactly what im going to do.the heat this summer is off the scale.this is southern spain its always hot summers but this year has been in the 90s since beggining of july.im going to say to my landlord i had to put air con on also had to run house fans most of the day.if electric is to high i will offer some cash towards it..he should be ok with that.i get on well with my landlord so shouldnt be major problem..:peace:

hi grace: ... i think i will look at more sativs for my next grow someone said they adapt to the heat better..hopefully this grow gives me good quality :lot-o-toke:......ive got more pics of my grow also my grow room inline fans still to put up.they are on my camera but this comp is playing up will post asap..:peace:

You want to grow a Sativa dominant Hybrid, where the genetics of an Indica will influence the characteristics for growth, so she stays shorter and bushy. A Land race Sativa will grow way too tall for indoors unless you have 10-12 ft. ceilings. A ratio of 80/20 (S/I) would do you well, something like Apollo 13, XJ-13, most any Hybrid in that dominant > 75% Sativa, and is MHO only...

Hey tommy, How are ya? Well firstly nice setup buddy:thumb: you have some nice strains there, trying to keep temps down can be a pain in the ass at times, i have 3 desk fans in my space - one at bottom level, one mid and one facing upwards mid mount also. This seems to work sufficiently for my space, if i have any temp probs i can open up the small door up top and just leave that and as its nxt to my window its gr8,fresh air comes in with co2 and within couple hours i can circulate all the surrounding air. My girls have been ok with this so far.. Hope you can get it all sorted and have a gr8 harvest. Goodluk

You want to grow a Sativa dominant Hybrid, where the genetics of an Indica will influence the characteristics for growth, so she stays shorter and bushy. A Land race Sativa will grow way too tall for indoors unless you have 10-12 ft. ceilings. A ratio of 80/20 (S/I) would do you well, something like Apollo 13, XJ-13, most any Hybrid in that dominant > 75% Sativa, and is MHO only...

sfttailpaul thanx i will defo look into 80/20 (s/i).i need to do something i have 2 in veg now and 3 seedlings popping there heads up. after ive finished growing them i will change.....

Hey tommy, How are ya? Well firstly nice setup buddy:thumb: you have some nice strains there, trying to keep temps down can be a pain in the ass at times, i have 3 desk fans in my space - one at bottom level, one mid and one facing upwards mid mount also. This seems to work sufficiently for my space, if i have any temp probs i can open up the small door up top and just leave that and as its nxt to my window its gr8,fresh air comes in with co2 and within couple hours i can circulate all the surrounding air. My girls have been ok with this so far.. Hope you can get it all sorted and have a gr8 harvest. Goodluk
.cheers smokemupm8.. i have 2 fans in my tent also i keep the door open and a fan pushing cooler air in.it brings it down slighty.not ideal though..:peace:

first 2 pics are (cheese) ( skunk)1 pic.then pic of tent with and without light running..my little girl ice just born.her sister isnt popping her head yet so no pics of her..the 3rd and 2nd last pics are from my unknown she looks amazing smells great im sure she is white widow..the other one looks like its the critical mass.sorry folks didnt get a pic of her i dont know why must have had one to many :lot-o-toke:..i will put more pics up soon folks.enjoy :peace:

sfttailpaul thanx i will defo look into 80/20 (s/i).i need to do something i have 2 in veg now and 3 seedlings popping there heads up. after ive finished growing them i will change.....

I'm 99.999% sure that SubKool (sp?) has the Apollo. I have only seen XJ-13 in clone form but that doesn't mean squat... The XJ is a bit easier to grow than Jack Herer, although my experiences with both were in clone form only. I cannot afford seeds.
Your ladies: I love that color of green those miraculous ladies give off. Radiant! The most predominant color on the planet. Keep up the good green work, lookin' great!

first 2 pics are (cheese) ( skunk)1 pic.then pic of tent with and without light running..my little girl ice just born.her sister isnt popping her head yet so no pics of her..the 3rd and 2nd last pics are from my unknown she looks amazing smells great im sure she is white widow..the other one looks like its the critical mass.sorry folks didnt get a pic of her i dont know why must have had one to many :lot-o-toke:..i will put more pics up soon folks.enjoy :peace:

Tommy, this is your 1st grow? Excellent results, beautiful color, giant leaves, keep up the good work/:goodjob:

hi fellow growers.:peace: well went out and bought 2 cfls and mounted them together for my veg space.i wasnt sure if the cfls i had were doing the job.so added more hopefully get my girls in veg to fill out more.i started to germinate 2 ice seeds 1 has popped her head out the soil.the other 1 is near the top of the soil but hasnt done anything she has been like that for 2 full days now.i also have a power flower germinating just now she has been in the paper towel method for 3 days and seed has split open but no tap root.impatient i think..lol.as promised i will put pics up of my other 2 unknowns 1 is in flower and other still veging.

Back
Top Bottom