1st Timer - 8 Plants + 5 Strains - Advice Welcome!

tommytim1888

stain..royal skunk+2.cheese+2critical mass.white widow...ice..
indica..sativa mix
germinating ice seed 2 days..veg skunk.w.w..6 flowering
flowering 14days
veg for42days.
indoor
soil..gold mix..
fl for veg..2+400w hps
aircooled
temp room..87/90
humidity 47%
pests..none
watering..when needed
ferts in soil.
nutrients..ghe gro..bloom..ripen
any help will be absorbed i want to make a good go at this so feel free to advise me..pics will follow later today..

Hey Tommy Tim!!! Welcome and glad to have ya hear. Can't wait to see photos and follow along! Not to nitpick, but just a suggestion... I see your temps are at 87-90...thats quite high for marijuana to grow and not be stressed, if you can try to keep your temps below 85F, ideal would be around 68-78F. Other than that, by your description, sounds like you have a nice grow going! can't wait to see!

thanx for advice about temp ice mud.the problem is im in a hot european country so only have lights running at night to keep temps under control.i know its not ideal but cant afford to run air con all night landlord is already suspicious about electric going up..so got to take it easy..i will have to do some research on what strains dont mind the heat as much for my next grow..

If you get a chance, snap some shots of your grow area and we here at 420 might be able to help you bring your temps down. :) Another way to help reduce electric bills during veg is doing the gas lamp routine... you can veg with 13 hours of light doing this method, and have really good results, as well as save yourself a lot of electric. You would do this only for veg but you put your lights at...12 hours on, 5.5 hours off, 1 hour on, 5.5 hours off... that is a full 24 hours but your tricking your plants to thinking it is actually 2 days..

plants_0231.jpg

View image in gallery

I agree with Icemud. I think the Gas Lantern Routine would be a good it or you. It seems you get at least as good of growth and it will drop that electric bill. Hopefully making your landlord less suspicious!!

If you have the room for them, sativas can handle heat. They are from the equatorial region originally and made for the heat.

Everything looks good!! :welcome:winkyface:420:

i woke up today went to turn lights off my plants.i never got half way up the stairs and the smell hit me:high-five:.royal cheese is strong im only18 days into flower..the skunk ladies are still stretching i know they have sativa strain but i thought they would have started to bud up more than they have.ive got plenty time for them i think i expect to much to soon..lol..my ice seedling is popping her head up above the soil will take pics later and post asap folks.im still learning about this camera i have taken pics of the whole room and inline fans will put up when i can..well thanx everyone at :420: for advice..keep growing :peace:

I agree with Icemud. I think the Gas Lantern Routine would be a good it or you. It seems you get at least as good of growth and it will drop that electric bill. Hopefully making your landlord less suspicious!!

If you have the room for them, sativas can handle heat. They are from the equatorial region originally and made for the heat.

Everything looks good!! :welcome:winkyface:420:

Not to toss something into the mix but I shall anyway... Any increase in CO2 will help most plants weather higher temperatures. Again, strain dependent, I have it up to 95*F when the CO2 is generating. Not saying this is his solution but perhas a 5gal set-up of the home brew gas method would help those mid 85's and for cheap.

thanx sfttailpaul i thought about increasing CO2 i was going to use the yeast sugar method ive made hooch in the past when i couldnt get near a off licence a few years ago i had plenty time on my hands thanx to her majesty...:riskybusiness:

thanx sfttailpaul i thought about increasing CO2 i was going to use the yeast sugar method ive made hooch in the past when i couldnt get near a off licence a few years ago i had plenty time on my hands thanx to her majesty...:riskybusiness:

It is also a great odor disguise and, as you for sure know, can be distilled off to make real good tinctures. I wrote about distilling this and adding fresh mint leaves to flavor it into a Schnapps. We used to make it all he time in 5 gallon batches usually 2-3 running a week apart. Got some top-notch, 190 proof pepper-minty kick-a$$ and knock you out whilst it burned the flesh off your throat, as it was going down, far from smoothly, Peppermint Schnapps! I guess we should have waited and let it age a few decades...

hi everyone3 here is a pic of my unknown.its w.widow or critical mass...:thanks:

:bravo:Beautiful Plant, keep up the good work, I wish I could help you with your heat problem, what I do to try to keep electric down is use utilities one at a time, I run lights at night, I wash large loads of clothes to keep number of washings down, I hang up whatever clothes can be hung, I wait for the next day to use the dryer and combine clothes that can be dryed together, this saves me up to 3 or 4 usages each time I wash clothes. I turn off my a/c when I can, I use indoor ceiling fans in bedrooms, I close drapes to keep house cool and dark, not letting any sun in when super hot, I do not run the A/C when running the lights, washer, or dryer, I also do not have a dishwasher, if you do, you may think about handwashing.
With outside heat in the room your growing it's recirculating the same hot air, you need to get that hot air out of that room with venting up high. I hope this helps, I am having the same problem with outside temps at 98 to 105 degrees with humdity at over 70 percent. :thumb:

P.S. also consider unplugging as many appliances as you can, like the microwave, chargers for phones and computers, unplug your computer and things attached to them, get cfl bulbs for your indoor lighting of rooms, ect. Walk around your apartment and see what you are using and don't need plugged in at all times. A little bit goes a long way/grace:cheer:

hi grace:thanks: again..you must be a mind reader i walked about my house lastnight turning off everything i wasnt using.turned off all the stand by buttons.only doing laundry at nights.its hot during the day so clothes dry easy here.as you say a little goes along way.my landlord is ok he doesnt come near my house i see him once a month when rent dat arrives he mentioned lastmonth about electric being double the norm and asked if all was ok with the power i said its very hot i need to run aircon more he said try and take it easy.i live with my mother and one of the main reasons im doing this is of course for meds for me plus my mother is old she suffers from painfull joints so trying to grow so her quality of life eases a bit.i think i will look at more sativs for my next grow someone said they adapt to the heat better..hopefully this grow gives me good quality :lot-o-toke:......ive got more pics of my grow also my grow room inline fans still to put up.they are on my camera but this comp is playing up will post asap..:peace:

Back
Top Bottom