20 Gallon Smart Pot Indoor Soil Grow Quad Line

Stonedchefski

420 Member
Hi everyone. I've been wanting to do a journal for a while. I've been a long time reader so I finally created an account. I'm running 6x 20 gallon smart pots. I'm using 2x 600 HPS and 1x 400 HPS. I'm using the same lights for the veg. These are supposed to be full spectrum. I'm only running the 400 HPS during my veg. I'm using fox farms soil.
20200315_110332.jpg

I popped the seeds back on February 16th. I topped my plants on march 5th. I am training them in the quadline fashion. I just finished transferring them from their 3 gallon, into their new 20 gallon smart pot home. The root balls were healthy looking and white. I sprinkled some great white onto the dirt where it met the root ball.

20200316_124004.jpg20200316_160507.jpg

I'm going to keep training them. I'm thinking about laying a trellis down, but still haven't decided yet. I plan on topping the shoots and shooting for some 64 bud sites. I'm thinking about vegging for another 4 weeks before flipping. Maybe sooner if the canapoy fills out nicely. I've learned the quad line technique on this site and this is my first time using it.
20200310_115345.jpg20200305_075151.jpg

The seeds are white widow x sherbert cookies. They are genetics that I got from Nirvana seeds. I crossed some clones from my previous grow. I used colloidal silver to make one male and it worked out pretty good. I'm going to do the same thing with this grow. I'm trying to breed my two best plants from this grow. I'll be taking clones right before I flip them to flower

I'll be updating when I can. Just basically going to be training them and letting them grow. I'm open to tips. This is my 2nd grow with these genetics so I am excited to see what happens.

Tonight's the first night in the garage. I dont have too much control on the room. I just checked temps and it was 58 degrees. The plants are in soil so I'm hoping that it will help not to shock the plant too much. I had trouble my last grow with the water being too cold. I was running a bucket ebb and flow. The plants were stunted and suffered from stress. This is one of the main reasons that I wanted to switch to soil. I'm thinking the 25 gallons might be too big, but I wanted to run this grow as an experiment. I will be taking clones and then running those in may as an outdoor grow. I'll be able to make a comparison to see which grow yields more, indoor or outdoor.

I am running a room heater. I'm hoping that it helps to raise the temps in the room to at least to the 70s. I'm running my small exhaust fan, and not my light cooling exhaust fan. I hope this brings the temps in the room up.

I've seen a big difference in 10 days with their growth. I'm hoping that growth takes off within the next 3 days. Im having fun training the plant with the quad line technique. Im still not sure what to do with the 4 mail branches of the quad line. Is it best to top these 4 main branches when they reach the edge of the smart pots? Should I not top the 4 main branches and let them grow up as Main colas?
20200308_174143.jpg20200316_124013.jpg
8 day difference

I ran to the grow shop today and picked up the soil. This corona virus has me thinking that there will be a quarantine soon. I wanted to have something to do in case that happened.

My overnight temps seem to be in control. I was able to maintain the grow room temp between 65 and 78 degrees. The temp in the garage was 55 degrees. I'm sure the plants will be happy in their new homes. They seem to already be growing again. I'll have some photos later today.

Back
Top Bottom