JimiGrow's 4 Strain Clones - Indoor Soil Mainline - Maui Waui, Bubblelicious, Somango XXL, Wonder Woman

Yep. Just a little as suggested by @Purpsmagurps. Not only for the node spacing, but this will help with being able to water/feed them later with the way my setup is going to be laid out.
ahhh fairr play. I am fully intrigued to see how your mainline turns out

Things are growing slowly in the clone tent. That's expected as clones don't generally have as good of a root system as plants grown from seed. It's taking some extra time for those growth nodes to extend. However, the look really healthy. The longer grow time works well for me as the big tent won't be available until 4+ weeks from now.

Current Garden (spare clones for insurance)

Before & After pics

Looking good fam

ahhh fairr play. I am fully intrigued to see how your mainline turns out
Me too, man. Me. Too.

One other thing with the stretch is that I need some extra room to work with on each growth node because I'll have to supercrop almost all of the plants since the clones have asymmetrical growth. I'll have to bend the tallest growths down to match the shorter ones to avoid the taller growths gaining any more dominance.

Me too, man. Me. Too.

One other thing with the stretch is that I need some extra room to work with on each growth node because I'll have to supercrop almost all of the plants since the clones have asymmetrical growth. I'll have to bend the tallest growths down to match the shorter ones to avoid the taller growths gaining any more dominance.
Yerr see thats where we differ. I can understand you wanting a bit of stretch initially so you can get under there but I aint diggin node stretch lol. I like em stacked before flower cos they gonna stretch like crazy. Thats when i had to supercrop my gypsy haze (super sativa hybrid) cos she was beasting past the other 2 but there was plenty of node space for bending.

Clones are finally starting to grow a bit after the first topping. I was able to do a little LST on the Maui Waui and the Somango, but the others are still too small. The goal there is to keep the main branches at the same levels.

Hopefully in a couple of days, I can bend the other stems and to the second topping soon after.

The difficulty of main-lining clones is showing its ugly head. I knew about this going into it, but man, the asymmetry is a real pain. It makes extra work for training and it's definitely harder to figure out which nodes are pairs since they can be really offset. I have to count fan leaves to figure it out and it's already a little difficult #CountingIsHard.

I topped the Maui Waui and the Somango XXL. I did some training with the Bubblelicious and just left the Wonder Woman alone. She's a little shy it seems.

Enjoy some pics of tiny plants :D (and pardon the dirty work space)

If this all goes to hell... well, I'll think about it if I get there. I have plenty more seeds to start over and not deal with clone issues.

Looking good man, don't give up yet. Always good to have spare beans just in case.
Hey is that algae or moss I can see in the BBL image?

Good eye and, yes it's a little algae. I was gone for a couple of days and it looks like my fan shifted a bit (read pointing completely the wrong way). The Bubblelicious and all the others weren't getting great air circulation. Hopefully it's fixed now.

Topped 2 more of the girls. All 4 plants are at four nodes now.

The Somango XXL clone is occasionally missing new growth at the nodes. This really doesn't surprise me since Somango has been the most difficult plant of the 4 this year. I topped it back down to where nodes were growing like they should be.

Now to wait for some more growth before I trim all the unneeded nodes and leaves. Probably do this later this week after I get some LST in place later today or tomorrow.

Oh, and the algae is gone, too. :)

Tonight I tied some of the branches down. In doing so I think I found the best growth areas for each plant. I had to peak around all the leaves, count, and compare symmetries as much as possible. Once I did that, I cut off all other growth nodes. I left as many fan leaves as possible for added growth. Those will be cut once the plant gets bigger.

The Wonder Woman (not pictured tonight) has the best symmetry of all 4 of the clones. The others are gonna take some tender LST to mimic symmetry as best as possible. Bubblelicious seems to like the training, but has some odd single a 3-leave fan leaves. Maui Waui is as symmetric as Arnold Schwarzenegger and Danny DeVito in Twins.

Training Pictures

Did some more training, trimming, and watered them last night. Still a little tricky trying figure out which growth nodes to keep for symmetry. That's what training is for, I guess.

You've motivated me to do cuttings also. I have nfi what I'm going to do with them though.
Yeah... that's the hard part. I ended up buying my 2'x2' tent setup just for vegging and cloning. I wish I would have started main-lining with seeds, but now I figure it'll be that much easier when I pop some seeds in the Fall.

Back
Top Bottom