250W HPS Refrigerator Grow!

Well, that's a good question.

I bought 5 seeds from barneys farm - they are suppose to be Critical Kush. However every seed has produced a different plant.

My grow journal link is in my tag line below. Have a look when you get some spare time.

Best of luck on your grow. Your plant looks very good and genetically well balanced. I think your in for good things.

Cheers :)

Okay perfect! Do you think I should dare to top it also? Or just go LST since this is my first and I don't wanna screw it up haha
I think you should top also, i topped my autos and glad i did. I will be topping all my autos in the future, i would recommend to do it as early as possible, imo i think they do better if you can top at 4th node within the first 15 to 18 days. I am doing LST on mine now and the results are amazing. Good luck.✌

Well, that's a good question.

I bought 5 seeds from barneys farm - they are suppose to be Critical Kush. However every seed has produced a different plant.

My grow journal link is in my tag line below. Have a look when you get some spare time.

Best of luck on your grow. Your plant looks very good and genetically well balanced. I think your in for good things.

Alright cool! Subbed to your journal now :)

I think you should top also, i topped my autos and glad i did. I will be topping all my autos in the future, i would recommend to do it as early as possible, imo i think they do better if you can top at 4th node within the first 15 to 18 days. I am doing LST on mine now and the results are amazing. Good luck.✌
Yeah I searched for some before and after pics of topping and now I will most definately do that! Looks great!

Okay so small update and paranoid problem #2.
It looks like she is still going strong.
Altough the big leaves feels very dry. I had the small pc fan right next to her blowing on her before. So I moved it further away now. Don't know if that causes her to get dry? Feels like plastic.
Temps at 26C atm.
Cheers
420-magazine-mobile1917417600.jpg

420-magazine-mobile468966935.jpg

Hey,

Some pointers.

-Keep the soil on the wet side of moist at all times. Mj is a ditch plant and thrives in a wet environment from the soil perspective. Anything ive ever grown wanted lots of water.

- Make sure your fan provides gentle air to remove radiated IR from your HPS lamp. It shouldn't be gale force winds blowing on it. only gentle air that makes the leaves move only a little. When they get older, they can tolerate much more. In fact, the leaves should only giggle a little. Like 1 mm.

- Know what a happy plant looks like. See the leaf positions in the photo below This is a happy plant. If they start to droop or what I call pouting, find out why. Light too close, too hot, not enough water are key suspects.

- Make sure you have good drainage. If you should accidentally over water, it should be totally free to drain out the bottom of the pot.

-Try not to feed them chlorinated water.

- you are growing in potting soil at this point, no nutes. These babies require very little at this point and a good organic soil will provide all they need.

rf3.jpg

Cheers

Hey,

Some pointers.

-Keep the soil on the wet side of moist at all times. Mj is a ditch plant and thrives in a wet environment from the soil perspective. Anything ive ever grown wanted lots of water.

- Make sure your fan provides gentle air to remove radiated IR from your HPS lamp. It shouldn't be gale force winds blowing on it. only gentle air that makes the leaves move only a little. When they get older, they can tolerate much more. In fact, the leaves should only giggle a little. Like 1 mm.

- Know what a happy plant looks like. See the leaf positions in the photo below This is a happy plant. If they start to droop or what I call pouting, find out why. Light too close, too hot, not enough water are key suspects.

- Make sure you have good drainage. If you should accidentally over water, it should be totally free to drain out the bottom of the pot.

-Try not to feed them chlorinated water.

- you are growing in potting soil at this point, no nutes. These babies require very little at this point and a good organic soil will provide all they need.

rf3.jpg

Cheers
Thanks mate that's some solid info!
I think I overwatered her a little, she was very droopy after last nights watering. I also gave her a lil flush with PHed water and no root booster this time. This morning she looked more happy. Didn't have the time to take a picture. I also need some kind of plastic tray with holes in it to place the smart pot on so I don't need to remove here from the fridge and start stinkin' up the kitchen when flowering times come.
Right now the pot is sitting on a dinner plate that is the same diameter as the pot, and it doesn't feel optimal. Going to the hardware store today and see if I can find a good tray.
Again, thanks!
Cheers! .

420-magazine-mobile1292218961.jpg

Here she is today, looks a bit droopy but I dont know :)
Pulled up the light a bit today also if the droopiness is due to heat.
Cheers!

Ok.

This doesn't look too bad.

Next tip - With a young plant like this, you might notice one day it grows like mad, and the next day or so, it doesn't. The reason for this is its growing where you cant see it. Under the sol. Expanding its root network.

With that in hand, this often happens > the light turns on in the morn, the plant perks up and looks happy for part of the daily light cycle. Then it starts to look pouty. That's because theres too much light. Its processed everything it can and the roots just cant support more. So it pouts. The lights go off, it rejuvenates and the next morn, it perks right back up again. This is a good indicator your light is too close.

Temperature can cause the same thing too. I have a few plants right now that have a hissy fit if the temp gets much more than 80 deg F.

So its too much light or its too hot. I'm leaning towards light as your inter-nodal space is so small. That indicates the light is too close. You can control the inter-nodal space with the light.

Ok.

This doesn't look too bad.

Next tip - With a young plant like this, you might notice one day it grows like mad, and the next day or so, it doesn't. The reason for this is its growing where you cant see it. Under the sol. Expanding its root network.

With that in hand, this often happens > the light turns on in the morn, the plant perks up and looks happy for part of the daily light cycle. Then it starts to look pouty. That's because theres too much light. Its processed everything it can and the roots just cant support more. So it pouts. The lights go off, it rejuvenates and the next morn, it perks right back up again. This is a good indicator your light is too close.

Temperature can cause the same thing too. I have a few plants right now that have a hissy fit if the temp gets much more than 80 deg F.

So its too much light or its too hot. I'm leaning towards light as your inter-nodal space is so small. That indicates the light is too close. You can control the inter-nodal space with the light.

Okay yeah I noticed that some days the last week she seems like she's on steroids and the next day not so much happens. Didn't know it could be that much off a difference when the roots are expanding, nice one :)

I think I start to get it with the lights being too close, the temps are stable 25-26C so don't think it's too hot either.
I'm gonna follow your advise on the lights, so I measured the distance from the top of plant to closest surface on lamp-glass. Which was now 35cm. So I went home now during the break from work and adjusted the lights to 42cm from plant to closest point to the lamp. We'll see how she responds after 24 hours of that.
Also didn't now you could control the space of the nodes by adjusting the light.
Very sweet info! Hope you will stick by this whole process. Many thanks!

Yes she does look like shes happy.

Keep the soil super wet.

Tip - Make sure there are drainage holes in the bottom of your pots. If you should accidentally over water, it can quickly correct itself and flow out.

Tip - Over watering can cause wilting due to the roots not getting enough oxygen. In a pail, put your water in with an air stone and pump from a fish tank. Water is often very depleted of O2. Doing this will raise the O2 content of the water to its maximum. It takes about 2 hours for a 20 liter pail to reach saturation. Running air in your water for a day can also help chlorine and chloramine dissipate. She will grow faster with O2 charged water.

Cheers

Yes she does look like shes happy.

Keep the soil super wet.

Tip - Make sure there are drainage holes in the bottom of your pots. If you should accidentally over water, it can quickly correct itself and flow out.

Tip - Over watering can cause wilting due to the roots not getting enough oxygen. In a pail, put your water in with an air stone and pump from a fish tank. Water is often very depleted of O2. Doing this will raise the O2 content of the water to its maximum. It takes about 2 hours for a 20 liter pail to reach saturation. Running air in your water for a day can also help chlorine and chloramine dissipate. She will grow faster with O2 charged water.

Cheers
Cool, I'm using smart pots and it feels like it's quite good drainage from them :)
Nice, I found a fish tank O2 pump for about 10$ so I might order one and try that. Perfect info again mate! Really fun hobby this is as you learn new stuff all the time!
Take care!

Back
Top Bottom