2nd Grow With Bag Seeds In A 2X4

toddtony

I wasn’t initially documenting this grow was only attempting to better master low stress training techniques but I figured why not (half way through the grow)

This 2nd grow of mine is again being done with bag seeds
In a 2X4X5 grow tent with about 250-300watts of lighting
I’m doing this grow with sungro black gold potting soil 5 gallon pots but only filled with about 3 gallons of soil
I’m using fox farm liquid fertilizers​

This will be weeks 1-4
A series of traffic violations and car issues lead to me being dead broke and taking too long to transplant which has slowed down the veg cycle but we bounced back 😎

My goal with this grow was to better understand low stress training and how people were getting super bushy plants and so many main branches/colas/bud sites/whatever you call it my last grow my plants only had about 6 a piece I’ve improved upon that

Week 1
Since these are wild bag seeds I didn’t know what would be female or indica dominant those were the two things I was looking for my first grow was too sativa dominants and flower took like 14 weeks far too long for me so here we have 9 to start unfortunately I didn’t photo the seedling however I started LST by bending the plants during this time

IMG_1908.jpeg

Week 4
A long over due transplant to .5-1gallon pots I would continue the LST keeping them bent in these larger containers I could begin to see the start of them branching out. this was during the rough period so I didn’t have enough pots to transplant all the plants and too early to pre-sex so I just picked the ones that looked best to me at the time

What the roots looked like around this time
IMG_1939.jpeg

This one would turn out to be male
IMG_1942.jpeg

Here we have a female I’ll call her INDI1
IMG_1946.jpeg

This would also turn out female shall call her INDI2
IMG_1952.jpeg

Now this one I couldn’t transplant at the time so it was a runner up in case one or more of the others were male this would also turn out female will call her INDI3
IMG_1954.jpeg

And then we have this one which was planted late to replace a seedling which died out so it’s behind but would also turn out female calling her INDI4
IMG_1960.jpeg

Here is what the tent looked liked around the time. there are a couple others still in solo cups that weren’t featured as they would end up male and looking sativa Dom
IMG_1957.jpeg

IMG_1945.jpeg

IMG_1947.jpeg

Weeks 5-7 of veg

Some more general information

I had begun adding nutrients while they were in the solo cups as they were in sungro black gold seed starting soil at the time and I wasn’t sure how much would be leftover in that past week 2. when I transplanted I stopped feeding for a week or two as the sungro black gold potting soil is pretty good
Also have been on 18/6 light schedule

Week 5 VEG
I continued LST tying down the plant and bending the branches that were being produced little to no defoliation at the time I still had no idea the sex of the plants

INDI1
There was no topping at this point only keeping the plant bent over think it had produced 6-8 additional growth shoots
IMG_1963.jpeg

INDI2
With this one I accidentally topped at at this time and had accidentally broken a growth shoot off her,so basically topped it twice. but we had around 4-5 additional shoots from LST and 2-4 on the way from the accidental toppings
IMG_1964.jpeg

INDI3
This plant would begin losing its nutrient content. She was branching out however not the same as 1 and 2 there I had also topped her had 7 noticeable growth shoots

IMG_1966.jpeg

INDI4
This girl was still lagging behind but beginning to branch out no topping yet with 3 additional growth shoots
IMG_1965.jpeg

The male INDI not much to say as it wouldn’t last
IMG_1962.jpeg

Week6 VEG
I forget the exact train of thought here but the plants would no longer be tied down. Kind of just left to grow out what they had produced. There would be little to no defoliation here I also didn’t get individual shots of the plants. They were recovering from topping INDI1 was topped by this point the rest were in week5. In the center is INDI1in front of her is INDI3. Back right is INDI3 with INDI4 in the front left corner.INDI 3 was still losing nutrient content. Still had no idea sex of plants.

IMG_1968.jpeg

Week7 VEG
By now I had simply been coming in bending down branches multiple times a day by hand no ties for LST. Did not get many photos from this week. The nutrient lose of INDI3 was getting bad not sure she was even growing at this point leaves were fading.still had no idea of sex of plants.

INDI1
This is the best picture of this one from this week (Centered)I believe we had about 10 growth shoots on her although growth was slow
IMG_1985.jpeg

INDI2
I believe there was 6 shoots here needed to do a better job of light exposure which would happen the following week
IMG_1988.jpeg

INDI3(front blue cup)
Nutrient were not getting to her might of been somewhat neglected she was fading bad as if it was late flower growth had seemingly stopped
IMG_1987.jpeg

INDI4
Pictured above in the red cup this one has completely stood up again and was redirecting the energy to the top of the plant probably and is way behind the rest

The Male INDI is also still around I had been struggling with that one it had looked rough since transplant​

Weeks8-9 VEG

Week 8 VEG
This is the week I was finally able to determine the sex of the plants and was lucky enough the majority of the plants I was focused on turned out female. I would also transplant them into their final pot LST would be continued by bending branches by hand no ties. We did a little defoliation with lower growth. Just tucking fan leaves up top throughout the day. I am watering roughly every 2-3 days generally just wait till the leaves droop INDI 1&2 being the bigger plants drink more water no nutrients for this week.

INDI1
We have about 13 growth shoots on this one likely what we will go into flower with sometime during this week I did pick off some lower growth however will have a heavy amount of defoliation to do prior to going into flower.
IMG_1991.jpeg

IMG_1993.jpeg

INDI2
Took lower growth off this one aswell however similar to 1 I’ve for the most part just been tucking fan leaves up top aswell as bending branches back by hand it has about 10 growth shoots
IMG_1996.jpeg

INDI3
I don’t think there will be much need for too much defoliation here has pretty good light penetration. INDI3 would go on to have a great recovery this week getting out the solo cup after 6weeks overdue and more available nutrients in soil we have 9 main growth shoots on this one
This is week8day 1
IMG_1990.jpeg

Then we have week8 day 6
IMG_2017.jpeg

INDI4
Although confirmed female at this point I didn’t transplant immediately as I was holding out hope that the MALE INDI may show some pistils ,however ofc it did not . As you can see above in between INDI 3(right most faded plant) and in between INDI1 the male INDI Was transplanted however by the end of week 8 I simply pulled the male INDI out the soil and transplanted 4 into it
IMG_2008.jpeg

Week 9 VEG
There was defoliation this week just letting the girls grow into their new homes hoping INDI4 will catch up with the rest. Bending branches throughout the day still added a “light feeding” going off the fox farm fertilizer bottles throughout this week. Watering is the same as week 8 although INDI1 and 2 are more so every 1-2 days now by the end of week 9. The plants are 13-15 inches from the LED lights except 4

INDI1
Here is a good example of how these look after training the branches down the plant rose 9-10inches out the soil at this point
IMG_2027.jpeg

INDI2
Another example of the LST technique I’ve been utilizing 10branches here rising about 10 inches out the soil
IMG_2028.jpeg

INDI3
We have a full recovery of the plant this week got it’s color all the way back 9-10 main branches rising 9-10 inches out the soil
IMG_2030.jpeg

INDI4
This girl is pretty far behind still hoping it branches and grows out to a reasonable point atleast within the next week or two as the others are about ready to flip to flower im of course not expecting this one to fully catch up. I did tie down this plant. This one is around 21 inches from the light should be at most 18 but nothing can be done but let it grow into the light.
IMG_2033.jpeg

Week 10 day 6 Final day of VEG
INDI1-3 are fully ready for flower with heights between 11-13 inches and over 10 bud sites each INDI 4 of course is still pretty far behind with 8 branches only around 4inches tall but I figure it’ll be another month of veg by which time I could be halfway through flower with these will start 12 hours dark tonight

INDI 1&2
IMG_2078.jpeg

INDI1
IMG_2083.jpeg

INDI2
IMG_2084.jpeg

INDI 1-3-4
IMG_2079.jpeg

Indi 3
IMG_2082.jpeg

INDI4
IMG_2081.jpeg

Week 2 day 1 FLOWER

Didn’t update week 1 as nothing really happened light defoliation with very little stretch. I gave them some veg fertilizer during week 1 probably won’t fertilize again until week 3 or 4 when I switch to bloom fertilizer. I’m also debating if I want to do a heavy defoliation I’ve plucked off some of the smaller auxiliary branches today might do a leaf strip this week or the next

IMG_2114.jpeg

IMG_2115.jpeg

INDI 1
This plant has been slow since the flip has only put on 2 inches of growth in its highest point im hoping it atleast gets to 19 inches was 12 at flip around 14 1/2 now looking healthy though
IMG_2109.jpeg
IMG_2108.jpeg

INDI2
This girl has been stretching out the most 4 branches have dwarfed the rest of the plant probably should’ve trained them down but we will make do it’s put on 4inches so far going from 12 to 16 inches the leaves on this one are so dark they almost look purple hoping that translates to some nice colors by the end of flower
IMG_2106.jpeg
IMG_2107.jpeg

INDI 3
This one is going slow aswell only 2 inches of stretch at its highest point
IMG_2110.jpeg
IMG_2111.jpeg

INDI 4
This little one is trying lol the branches are still soft and flimsy not really expecting much out of it maybe a nice quarter
IMG_2104.jpeg
IMG_2112.jpeg

Week 2 day 4 FLOWER
Haven’t done too much just letting them do Their thing I changed my watering ph from 5.5 to 6 I’m

INDI 1
This one still isn’t really stretching out much not sure why it’s only gone from 12inches to around 15 at it’s highest however you can see the start of the pistils cluttering up have been picking some leaves here and there took off some lower branches maybe that’ll help the stretch as I’m still hoping the plant atleast gain’s another 4inches she’s still looking healthy
IMG_2135.jpeg
IMG_2136.jpeg

INDI 2
This one is stretching fairly well around 20inches at its highest although 4 branches have left the others behind it’s a lot closer to doubling in height than 1 or 3 ima bit concerned with the leaves on this one though the upper leaves seem faded and it has some drooping leave tips idk if it reacted differently to the nutrients than the others or what other than that I’m happy with how she looks.
IMG_2137.jpeg
IMG_2138.jpeg

INDI 3
This one like 1 hasn’t done much stretching at only 14-15 inches in height did some light defoliation here aswell although it naturally has the best light penetration not sure I’ll do a big strip on this one

INDI 4
The small girl is actually stretching out nice it was 4 inches out the soil end of veg and is around 6inches now so almost doubled it’s height which is good for an indica I believe the branches are still very light and not woody not sure how that will affect the flower

IMG_2141.jpeg
IMG_2142.jpeg

Week 3 day 2 (D:15) FLOWER

Think the girls are done stretching although 2 of the 4 didn’t really stretch. If I were to grow similar indica to these with my current set up I’d probably veg them to 18inches instead of 12.

It’s time for bud development now I switched them over to a bloom fertilizer on day 14 of flower I’ll probably keep using it until week 6-7 with the hopes these are done flowering during week 8.

Our day temps are 77-82 degrees while night is 73-78 humidity hovers around 52-55 with some jumps to mid 60s and dips to low 40s.

I did a fair defoliation on day 13 will wait until day 21 for a final strip of anything I don’t want however most bud sites that were under 50% each plants height have been removed and some smaller auxiliary branches. I cleaned up the leaves on the lower 3rd of the plants aswell.

INDI 1
This is one of the 2 that didn’t really stretch not sure why the lack of stretch seems to be pretty rare most of the research I did on it kept giving “how to stop stretch” instead of “why no stretch” the little I could find suggested under watering or lack of nutrients not sure how I feel about that. Anyways it ended veg at 12inches and is sitting around 15 it does have the most even canopy In good news.
IMG_2172.jpeg
IMG_2168.jpeg

INDI 2
This one I suppose had a fair enough stretch for an indica going from 12 inches to 19.5 the closest I got to goal of 24inches. The leaves on this one seem abit unhealthy hopefully the reintroduction of nutrients fixes this

IMG_2171.jpeg
IMG_2167.jpeg

INDI 3
This one like INDI 1 didn’t really stretch it too sitting at 15inches after ending veg at 12 inches. Other than that it seems pretty healthy everything looks on par for week 3 flower.

IMG_2173.jpeg
IMG_2169.jpeg

INDI 4
If I would have chosen to wait longer for this one to get out which if I had known the others would stretch so little I probably would have this one would be the best grower I believe as although only being 4inches out the soil at the flip it is now 8inches tall. Wasn’t ever really expecting much from it as it obviously needed catch up time.
IMG_2174.jpeg
IMG_2170.jpeg

Here’s how the 2X4 currently looks
(from left to right you have INDI 2,INDI 1,INDI 3,INDI 4)
IMG_2175.jpeg

Week 4 day 21 Flower
We actually got just a little more vertical growth out of 3 of the plants. They are being fed with about half the recommended amount of the fox farm nutrients may increase down the line. I also went and did what will probably be the last major defoliation, better exposing those bud sights. I use a homemade foliage spray made of peppermint and coconut oils water and a small amount of soap and vinegar after stripping leaves nor having any pest issues so far and the plants don’t seem to bothered by it.

INDI 1
This girl put on another inch now at 16 inches in height. This had one of the heavier leaf strips as its leaves were pretty dense.
IMG_2189.jpeg
IMG_2190.jpeg

INDI 2
The leaves on this one seem to be slowly getting better it also grew abit to 21-22inches from its 20 last update there was also a fair amount of leave’s removed here. Looking like this might be the best yeilds of the 4.
IMG_2186.jpeg
IMG_2187.jpeg

INDI 3
This one did not put on any height still about 15 inches. This one didn’t have as thick a canopy of leaves so didn’t receive as heavy a leaf strip I’d say this girl is the most healthy looking of the bunch.
IMG_2193.jpeg
IMG_2194.jpeg

INDI 4
This one has went up to 9inches in height which is a nice jump from its 4inches at flip buds seem to be forming well despite its lack of readiness at the time of flip. Bit of funky business with some leaves maybe too much of the foliage spray for this one or perhaps something else but still seems pretty well off.
IMG_2196.jpeg
IMG_2197.jpeg

Leaves from defoliating

IMG_2200.jpeg

Week 4 day 25
I’ve been slowly switching my flowering light schedule from 10:30-10:30 to what will be 8:00-8:00. The lights go off at 8pm I first did lights on at 9:30am now 9am making my way back to 8am. Haven’t noticed any negative effects yet hopefully won’t. I have been keeping the lights half power until 10:30am

INDI 1
Think she is developing normal buds not taking to much of their shape but we are only around the halfway mark I expect them to sometime during week 5 then hopefully fatten up to week 8 or latest week 9 feel like trichome development is best on this one so far.
IMG_2210.jpeg
IMG_2211.jpeg

INDI 2
I think this one is going to give the biggest buds of the bunch probably highest yields. She’s looking pretty good aswell

IMG_2208.jpeg
IMG_2209.jpeg

INDI 3
The amount of brown pistils for the 4th week on this one is abit concerning might bring it further from the lights not sure if that’s the issue or if it’s nothing. Other than that it looks pretty good I’m noticing some purple coloration on the leaves hopefully that progresses more as she continues to flower and shows in the buds.
IMG_2212.jpeg

INDI 4
The little one seems to be coming along well some of the funky stuff with the leaves seems to be correcting eager to see what this yields for it’s size
IMG_2214.jpeg
IMG_2215.jpeg

The whole of the 2x4
IMG_2206.jpeg
IMG_2207.jpeg

IMG_2213.jpeg

Week 5, Day 30 of flower
Buds are developing on plants Indi 1,3,and 4 seem to be maturing a lot quicker than Indi 2 with lots of orange hairs the buds don’t seem like they will be the biggest Indi 2 might be better. Leaves are fading earlier than I’d like not sure if the plants aren’t absorbing all the nutrients or if simply need more will do a double feed instead of water feed water.

Phots from day 28
INDI 1
Looks fine but small hopefully they fill out more in further weeks despite the orange hairs. Has a. Slight skunky/earthy scent coming through
IMG_2259.jpeg
IMG_2260.jpeg

INDI 2
THIS seems like it’s buds have the most time needed to continue to develop but they are forming nicely no smell’s coming through yet
IMG_2257.jpeg
IMG_2258.jpeg

INDI 3
This one too has alot of orange hairs it’s also fading the most want these to run another 3 weeks so will adjust feeding here. It is continuing to have purple coming in on the leaves a sweet smell coming in from this one

IMG_2265.jpeg
IMG_2277.jpeg

INDI 4
This small one is coming through nicely I like the bud structure it’s showing so far not too much scent from it yet
IMG_2271.jpeg
IMG_2270.jpeg

View Inside the 2x4
IMG_2255.jpeg

Day33 FLOWER (week5) day 5
I’m starting to realize I may have got unlucky with this run. Maybe I messed something up but I don’t know why the affects wouldn’t be the same on all the plants.

INDI 1 and INDI 3 the two plants that for some reason didn’t really stretch seem to be growing clusters of sugar leaves rather than buds they also have lots of orange hairs for week 5
IMG_2322.jpeg
IMG_2327.jpeg

The photos Indi 1 and 3 above compared to indi 2 below is such a big difference 2 looks how I’d expect for week 5 and you can easily see the buds taking shape vs 1 and 3 which again just look like leaf clusters
IMG_2326.jpeg
IMG_2330.jpeg

Even Indi 4 which was flipped early and also has a lot of orange hairs while the buds are much smaller seems to actually be developing buds vs leaf clusters
IMG_2297.jpeg

Week 6 (Day 39 flower)

The buds on all 4 plants are starting to fatten up thinking 17-21 days left before harvest. Still feeding fox farm liquid nutes runoff ph is around 6.3 have been using ph tap water. The smell is getting stronger in the tent.

INDI 1
This one is still leafy but looks fatter I feel this has good trichome production but is leafy has a earthy/gassy scent coming from it.
IMG_2346.jpeg
IMG_2344.jpeg

INDI 2

this one is fatten up good getting some orange hairs but still a lot of white it may need longer than the others not a strong scent yet however bud structure and development is the best of the 4
IMG_2343.jpeg
IMG_2341.jpeg

INDI 3
This is the other leafy one but is fattening up like Indi 1, this one has the strongest scent coming from it a very sweet smell it is very frosty
IMG_2353.jpeg
IMG_2348.jpeg

INDI 4

The buds on this one are small but look very nice really frosty on the buds not as much the sugar leaves not sure if the discoloration is just apart of this plant it’s been doing well
IMG_2356.jpeg
IMG_2354.jpeg

Week 7 Day 44 flower

All is well in the 2x4 the plants are pretty much on autopilot fattening and ripening up. the scents are getting stronger as the weeks go on. Will probably feed once more this week then by day 49 I’ll probably start a flush with the goal of harvest between day 56-60 have been trying to keep humidity around 50% which it generally is until right before watering (45) and right after watering (60) the runoff and moist soil sends it up even with fan on its highest setting.

INDI 1
This one is surprising me putting my faith back in it since week 7 it has really been bulking up still has lots of sugar leaves but is now developing some dense buds within it has the second strongest scent a skunky earthy smell I really like looks like it’s got some black coloration coming through
IMG_2386.jpeg
IMG_2387.jpeg

INDI 2
She’s doing well however with 4 branches stretching past the rest the others don’t seem to have their buds stacking nearly aswell as the 4 taller ones this one has an undertone of a sweet scent with something else I can’t put my finger on unless some coloration starts these last couple weeks think it’ll have a more classic weed look dark and light greens with orange highlights while the trichome production isn’t bad so far it seems behind the others in that regard
IMG_2389.jpeg
IMG_2388.jpeg

INDI 3
This one has had a great comeback since fading out in veg the buds feel super dense I’d say this one has the best trichome production and still has the most prominent scent which is like a sweet fruit drink minute aid or something. She’s still turning more and more purple although it’s mainly 2 branches hope it fills out more towards harvest i to was worried about the calyx to leave ratio with this girl similar to INDI 1 however I’m thinking it’ll be fine besides more to trim.
IMG_2383.jpeg
IMG_2382.jpeg

INDI 4
This one being the smallest looks lite on the yields the buds while small do look nice they have a weird imperfect look to them with plenty of frost and a hood calyx to leave ratio don’t remember what this one smells like it is kinda overpowered by INDI 3 but I’m looking forward to trying these buds in a few weeks

IMG_2384.jpeg
IMG_2385.jpeg

INSIDE 2x4
Left to right
INDI 2, INDI 1, INDI 3, INDI 4
IMG_2390.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom