3leafer

I dont think it is any indication of plant health. I think the plants genes express themselves differently depending on a number of factors.

Where the plant is maturity wise, what nutrients, lighting used, hot/cold temps, humidity, CO2 %, stress and the actual genes themselves...

For plant health, true test is using refractometer to measure plant juice brix %. Or even better, full plant sap analysis...

Otherwise, leaf color, leaf behavior(pointing up/down, curling, etc) and general growth rate should give you an idea of the plants health.

The plant is probably still healthy. just puttin out 5 leaves on top where there is more light and only 3 leaves where it is a bit darker.

Some strains tend to less lobes on the leaves. There's a thread on this site about OG sativa that is mostly 3 and 5 lobe leaves.

My whole batch of la confidential clones were 3 leafer's to begin with and transitioned into full fled 7 leafs as should. Have a feeling it's genetic related especially when taking clones, different genetic traits will show further down the genetic line. They didn't seem to be slow or unhealthy either.

I think it depends alot on genetics of the clones your using etc , my last grow , all my plants had at minimum 9 leafers with a few having 11-12 leafers near the tops ( the 11-12 ers were on my Purple Nepals )

...and as a plant matures, each new node usually has another set of leaflets until it has reached it's genetic potential...but often with some variation. Cannabis is a dicotyleden and after those first smooth seed-leaves emerge, starts out with two opposed serrated leaves formed of one lobe each; the next set of leaves often have 2 or 3 leaflets, then 5, 7, 9...

Sincerely,
Captain Obvious

Back
Top Bottom