4 RQS Strains - Coco Airpots - Scrog - GLR

Thanks nofene, yeah they are cramped for sure but really happy with how things have gone, I was going to harvest on Saturday but having a look last night, there are a few too many clear trichs and too few ambers so I will probably let them run to Tuesday, the sprouted on a Tues so it will make it a nice even number of 15 weeks for the entire grow. It also rounds it up to a 10 day flush. I have also added an extra hour of darkness in the hope that it will speed them up. Either way i am nearly there, can almost taste them now.

Loving them colas, great to see everything has worked out well, looking forward to harvest and dry pictures aswell as your smoke reports for them.
Great job mate.
Like I said its always hard to estimate but you made the right call leaving them awhile from what you mentioned with trichs, I've definately found that to few amber and to many clear creates an unfulfilled uneven high.
Looks like Ive gotten back on at a good time to see how everything works out for you :thumb:

Looking at the girls last night it seems some are more ready than others which is to be expected. We have some clear but mostly cloudy (sounds like a weather report) and some buds/plants have more ambers than others. So I have decided to delay harvesting again. It was going to be tomorrow but I think I am going to leave them until Saturday, that makes it an even 14 day flush and hopefully they will ripen just that extra little bit.

Once this grow is done I will be drying in the tent in order to keep things discreet and then it's on to the next one.

Next up :tommy: it going to be 2x AK autos and 2x THC Bomb Auto's. I am super excited for that one and am battling not to rush this grow but it would be stupid to screw things up now from impatience.

Week 15 (11 weeks of flowering) Update:

Finally there, this will be the last update before harvest. Many of the buds are falling over and have needed support and are still fox tailing. They are all different degrees of ready but I am certain they are all ready. Considering how long they have been flowering I was expecting more amber but we are at roughly 10% which I think is just fine.

The runt has turned purple, not purple hues, bright purple on some of the buds, I hope the pics will show this but if not the harvest pics will be much clearer. For some reason I cannot get decent close up pics with my camera. This is going to be one hell of a trimming job. Mrs Dabs has kindly agreed to help me and she has no idea what she is in for yet. Saturday is D Day which would take them to a nice even 14 days flush but I may not be able to wait that long so we will see.

The WW is looking stunning (pictures don't do her justice) and I did manage to get a decent snap of her main cola. The skunk stinks to high heaven which is to be expected but the Special Queen is also a skunk hybrid so between the two its pungent. I think this is going to be a very decent harvest, even buds that were popcorn a couple weeks ago have filled out into nice tight little nuggets. Overall I am very pleased with this grow. Coco has been a pleasure to work with and so have the plants. One up for Royal Queen Seeds and I have plenty of their beans left. Would love to try one outdoors one day.

DSCN50801.JPG

DSCN5077.JPG

DSCN50761.JPG

DSCN50741.JPG

DSCN50702.JPG

DSCN50693.JPG

DSCN50653.JPG

DSCN50641.JPG

DSCN50631.JPG

DSCN50623.JPG

DSCN50612.JPG

Harvest Pics:

So after 4 hours solid of myself and Mrs Dabs trimming we are finally done and have to say i am very pleased with the amount of bud. My bedroom absolutely stinks and my back is killing me but I think it was a really successful grow and am looking really forward to the next one.

DSCN51013.JPG

DSCN51001.JPG

DSCN50991.JPG

DSCN5098.JPG

DSCN50971.JPG

DSCN50963.JPG

DSCN50952.JPG

DSCN50941.JPG

DSCN50932.JPG

DSCN50921.JPG

DSCN50911.JPG

DSCN5090.JPG

DSCN50891.JPG

DSCN50882.JPG

DSCN50872.JPG

DSCN50862.JPG

DSCN50852.JPG

DSCN50842.JPG

DSCN50831.JPG

DSCN50822.JPG

Special Queen:

DSCN50812.JPG

Any guesses for dry weights? Mrs dabs and I have a bet going on for some err favours. Her guestimate is a very precice 183 grams while I went for 160.

This was before we chopped and looking at the buds I would say more but after trimming I am not so sure....The white widow is extremely dense but the skunk which makes up most of the bulk seems a little airy and fluffy to me. Regardless i am chuffed to bits on a very successful grow and cant wait til they dried. I added most of the very small popcorn buds to the trim so will be making some oil from that very soon which should get me through to a decent cure.

I also got just shy of a gram of scissor hash so will give that a bash very soon. Its going to be interesting making oil from 4 different plants and should have a very broad range of cannabinoids. Hopefully at least one of them is a great painkiller. Thanks to all who followed and a special thanks to an awesome dude Sir Budlovski who has been my partner in crime for this grow. Look forward to running the THC Bomb side by side with you Bud. I think you should henceforth be known as The Big Budlovski. :thanks:

Dry weights and smoke reports to follow in a week or so. Hope all your gardens are giving you awesome meds.

Buds have been drying albeit a little to fast for my liking and i have removed the two dehumidifying eggs. RH is sitting at around 45 and the buds are slowly getting a bit of a smell to them. I really am not too sure what to do to keep them from drying too fast in the tent as its the only place I can keep them discreetly.

I tried the scissor hash and its potent, very up high and feels very sativa heavy. Great for listening to music nd no couch lock at all. Very creative and happy up high so if its a sign of things to come I am very happy with this grow.

I dont want to rush the drying but damn I cant wait to get them into jars and weigh them. It looks like so little in my tent the way i have them lying flat but I know thats deceptive. Feel like a kid before xmas. :volcano-smiley:

Hope all is well in your gardens.

Dry Weights - Woohooo :lot-o-toke:

After just over 8 agonising days waiting for the buds to dry, we have final weights:

Skunk XL - 58 grams
White Widow - 54 grams
Special Kush (aka the runt) - 47 grams
And Special Queen who was the pick of the lot - 95 grams

For a grand total of 254 grams which is 8.95 ounces
Plus just over another ounce of small popcorn and trim takes the total to 10 frikkin ounces in a 2x2x5.5 tent.

I am so chuffed and I tried a bit of the Widow last night in my vape pen and all I can say is :circle-of-love:

For bud that has not cured it was a little harsh but man it is an awesome smoke. Will do proper smoke reports after a cure but it's just perfectly balanced, not too cerebral but not braindead, nice head buzz nice body buzz, decent pain relief and just absolute comfort, like floating on clouds.

Last update and then I recon we can close this journal, i will pop back on after a cure for smoke reports. Here are some pics of some beautiful bud in their jars:

PS - Tried the special queen and I can say i am well impressed. Very nice balance between head and body with a body buzz that is quite euphoric getting stronger and stronger as it peaks. great for pain relief and considering the yeild and the strength, plus the fact that its RQS cheapest seeds available it really is great value.

Next up THC Bomb Auto's and AK autos (RQS)

DSCN51111.JPG

DSCN51102.JPG

DSCN5109.JPG

DSCN51081.JPG

DSCN51063.JPG

DSCN5105.JPG

DSCN51042.JPG

DSCN51032.JPG

DSCN51021.JPG

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Hey mate
Grouse to get on here and see how your journal progressed and finally turned out.
Thanks for your mention for me too, had me smiling reading that "the big Budlovski" haha might have to look into changing my name if I can get some more heavy nugs growing haha
Ah well if I read correctly even though your estimates were far below your actually weight, well done by the way.
Looks like your in for the favours with Mrs dabs estimating higher :)

Gotta say mate I'm pretty impressed with the weight you got because I was starting to think they were abit on the airy side also. But either way you got a great fat harvest :)
Some of those skunk colas look awesome and the white widow looks delicious, hope your having some god pain free times now my friend :)

Thanks Bud, good to have you back, it turned oout to be a fantastic harvest and have tried two of the strains already and even without a cure I am impressed.

Hve some paste made up already and have a batch of oil on the go, so no more excruciating pain for me for a while.
I am looking into naturally decarbed oil at the moment and I think there are some things to discuss re your brothers treatment as well as meds for you.Not sure which thread to discuss it on.

Thanks again for following and helping me keep this journal going. Overdid it today, but going to pop the autos in water tonight and then tomorrow gotta vacuum around the tent, disinfect the tent and lets rock this again.

This time I am still using coco and Canna AB but also adding silica and mychorrizea (sp)? So it should be really interesting, really excited to be doing autos again.

Thanks Bud, good to have you back, it turned oout to be a fantastic harvest and have tried two of the strains already and even without a cure I am impressed.

Hve some paste made up already and have a batch of oil on the go, so no more excruciating pain for me for a while.
I am looking into naturally decarbed oil at the moment and I think there are some things to discuss re your brothers treatment as well as meds for you.Not sure which thread to discuss it on.

Thanks again for following and helping me keep this journal going. Overdid it today, but going to pop the autos in water tonight and then tomorrow gotta vacuum around the tent, disinfect the tent and lets rock this again.

This time I am still using coco and Canna AB but also adding silica and mychorrizea (sp)? So it should be really interesting, really excited to be doing autos again.

Sounds good mate
Any extra info you can let me in on with the natural decarb oil? Sounds interesting that does.
That's a plan, think the bomb I have going now ill use for the comparison (if it is the bomb) may have mixed it up :/
That should be a good combo of products there mate, the canna coco I'm using comes with the michorizza? Added with it and I can say there never seems to be a root problem and every species of plant I've put in it loves it :thumb:

Yeah Bud think we have loads to discuss, let me use what knowledge I have gained to give it a bash and i will let you know.

Gotta get these seeds planted soon and I will set up a new journal. I recon we will both get loads more interest in our journals with THC Bomb in the title, seems a very popular strain.

We do have loads to discuss but right now I am still trying to fill in a few missing pieces. lets just say i am really excited...

Thanks again for all your advice,contributions and friendship.

Well I found this journal a little late to make comments during the grow, but it is nice to see what can be done in a 2x2x5 secret Jardin DR60. Congratulations on the harvest. I like your use of the airpots and the coco. I am impressed that the 6 liter pots would be big enough to get the plant all the way through flowering. Excellent harvest weight in such a small tent. Only thing that I can comment on is that I think you can benefit from a Screen or some netting to train the plants. Keep up the good work!

Thanks Highashell, appreciate it. What can I say gotta love some serendipity. I am going to run this experiment again and grow 4 plants :

Blue Blood
Blue Dream
Train Wreck
Pure Kush

I figure 250 grams from 250w is as good as its going to get so why change it. I did use a screen for my first grow and will try it again on the grow after this next one. First want to see if just letting them grow will produce as much a second time round.

As for the strains, I am happy with all of them, the skunk and white widow are very mellow, nice chill listen to music and watch tv type of buzz.

The runt aka special kush is pretty good, helps with pain and is quite a bit stronger than the other two mentioned but the Special Queen is a special plant. Considering it's their cheapest seeds. It is by far my fave nice combo of high and stoned leaning towards the stoned side, had a big joint last night and pain disappeared for a while and was very nicely stoned. A good cure is making a difference for sure.

The Queen was shorter than the others and was pretty well hidden, I actually didnt exppect much from this plant at the end but as I was cutting the stems it just kept on coming and produced more than any of the other plants by a whole ounce of sweet sticky bud.

Back
Top Bottom