GDP x Sour Diesel - 250W HPS in DR60 Tent

Highashell

This is my 3rd Grow Journal and using the DR60 Tent. This time I am growing a new strain created from Grand Daddy Purple female pollinated by Sour Diesel male from my first grow. I grew out this strain from my seeds to find a female to flower in the tent.

Details:

400 watt Metal Halide bulb by G.E. running at 250 watts for Veg

250 Watt HPS bulb by Ultra Sun for Flower
Using Lumatek 400 watt ballast on the 250watt setting

Maximizer Reflector

6 inch Air King, Circulation Fan

4 inch Can Fan High Output RS4HO
Speedster Fan Controller on Low Setting

Phresh® Intake Filter - 4" x 6"
Phresh® Filter - 4" x 12"
Phresh® Duct Silencer - 4" x 12"

Botanicare 22 in x 22 in I.D. Tray
Rootbuilder High-5 during Flower
Rootmaker Pots 3 Gal, 1 Gal during veg

Fox Farm Ocean Forrest Soil
Fox Farm Fruit and Flower Fertilizer (Organic Dry) - For Flower

Timer For Ballast is set 12 on/12 off For Flower

12774.jpg

21854.jpg

31632.jpg

DAY 51 FLOWER

Seeds Found!

I trimmed off a low branch in the back right corner of the tent that was shaded. When I was inspecting the buds I noticed a really swolen calyx and thought maybe it had a seed in it. Upon splitting open the calyx I found it had a seed in it. I found two seeds on the branch, one on the very top bud site, and one from a lower bottom site. I believe two things are possible: Pollen from last grow stuck to the tent somewhere or the plant had/has some male parts that I have not seen.

20150304_135251.jpg

I can't find any nanners anywhere after looking for awhile, but I did find another small branch with 5 or 6 seeds in it and I suspect some other small random seeding through out, but I will inspect more closely when I go to chop the plant in about a week. I am pretty sure its stray pollen from the last grow, but I will know for sure when I grow out the seeds and if they all turn female that would mean it hermied and self pollinated right? If some seeds are male and some or female then I will know it was stray pollen from last grow.

FLOWER DAY 61

Known issues with the grow to address and learn from in future:

Small Space
Light Too Close To Tops
High Temps
Low Humidity
PH of Water
Root Aphids/Fungus Gnats
Plants Developed Seeds
Clean Surfaces Inside Tent With Water To Nullify Stray Pollen
Grow New Seeds

Back