Grand Daddy Purple - SCROG Secret Jardin DR60

Can't wait to see the resin production when they aren't making seeds! When you rub your fingers on a leaf and then smell your fingers, the GDP is fruity, good smelling.

I can only imagine as none of my gdp seeds were female I got one left but afraid to pop it lol
Happy Thurweed day Higha :thumb:

20140307_191044.jpg
20140307_191313.jpg
20140307_191318.jpg
20140307_191330.jpg
20140307_194231.jpg
20140307_195807.jpg
20140307_195829.jpg
20140307_200048.jpg

^ This.

The cup has water and dish soap inside for insects, with tangle foot glue on the cup rim and around the edges of the inside and outside. They land and get stuck, or drown in the water. It works good, highly recommend trying it if you have the same problem. Cleaned off the yellow sticky traps and put fresh tangle foot glue on them. The plates work alright, not as good as yellow, or the water. I found two gnats stuck to some bud trichomes, right next to each other. It's as if they were together hanging out then got stuck like a venus fly trap or something. I don't want to be smoking them gnats, dang it. One more thing, why is trichomes not in the google dictionary for spell check?

lol so what is that thing you use on the plates and add more too one the yellow sticky trap?
never heard of it don't even know if ive seen something like that in the hardware store
the other thing is those home depot buckets let light in that's not gonna be good
figure orange light will be coming through
maybe some black duct tape around the outside of the bucket or get some black ones
you might be able to find black buckets at a hydro store
I hate gnats
they came in when I started growing some soil stuff now they go into the hydroton on my dwc buckets lol
I flush em through when I have to add water during the week which is almost daily
used to only add with the lid partially open but now I add through the hydroton
flushes them out lol ok im getting off track or am I so yea light going into your hydro bucket is bad
your using a blue tube so you can see water lvl trying not to let the light in and grow algae but its being defeated by the orange bucket itself
just an observation
The Plants are Looking great Higha

The one plant on the right, its fan leaves were all yellow and droopy this morning. I might not have watered since the 6th? So I watered them with half gallon of glacier water each. I mean the soil wasn't so dried out that all the plants leaves were droopy, so I think I caught it before they got too thirsty. I stuck the soil probe in and it was dry near the top half, but the bottom half was less than half moist.

20140312_110307.jpg

20140312_110258.jpg

20140312_110254.jpg

20140312_110248.jpg

Yeah I figured this orange bucket was not light proof. What about Lowe's blue buckets? I can get the black ones from the hydro stores around 6.50 plus tax but Home depot orange buckets are like half the price. I thought about doing the duct tape but am against it since it off gasses, volatile organic compounds. Just going to buy the correct bucket now that I have practiced my drilling on this one. So I need to get a air pump as well and have a question. If I am doing the recirculating the water, top drip, do I need to also have an airstone in the bottom to put air into the system? So basically the pump would need two outlets at minimum.

well the duct tape is gonna be outside I don't think itll gas off inside
my cloner has duct tape all over it :rofl:
actually I wanna buy some silicon inside the top of my lid I got lips I cut from other bucket to stop the drips from leaking out the lid right now being held in place with 200 mph tape or duct tape lol
drips being the splashing from the air building up under the lid and if the lid like a lot of mine are
higher in the middle and slopes out the water tends to follow gravity and out it comes
lowes buckets are silver they will reflect light im not sure if light will penetrate in there
one way to tell is put on the video on your camera phone put it in the bucket and put a black netpot lid on it and see if you can see light on the video
im not sure if a recirculating drip will require air I would say if the roots do reach the res and sit in there
I would use air in there at such time until then I don't see why you would need to as it wouldn't be sitting in water so it
has air exchange

Back
Top Bottom