Grand Daddy Purple - SCROG Secret Jardin DR60

As far as I know super lumens is just a slightly over-driven setting (say 410w for the 400w ballast)

Oh wow yeah I haven't noticed anything like that from my ballast... I have heard about that though I never knew it was that big of a deal.

must be a magnetic ballast
im assuming there must be some heavy emi coming off that
especially with more wattage comes more emi
Happy Munchday Higha :thumb:

"Obviously the amount of PAR light available has an effect on the growth of plants. PAR is the part (frequency) of light that plants use to grow. Lamp manufacturers design their lamps to produce a certain amount of PAR over the power range of the lamp. For a 600w lamp a range of 585w to 660w of lamp power produces normal PAR as designed. As the lamp power goes above or below that range then the frequency of light it produces changes: more to the blue spectrum when overpowering and more to the red when underpowering. This has an effect on the growth rate and development of plants. If you stay within the range (585w to 660w ) there is not much difference, but obviously overpowering your light does cost more energy. Though you strive to have the optimal light every time there are circimstances when you delibetrately may want to dim your light, such as too high temperatures. The light colour changes more to red, but that effect is less dramatic for the plants than the high temperature is. For those purposes we developed dual power (600/400 W and 400/250 W) dimmable ballasts."

Lumatek Digital Ballast

[h=1]BALLASTS[/h]Ballasts are used to start HID (High Intensity Discharge) bulbs, such as MH (Metal Halide) and HPS (High Pressure Sodium) bulbs. A ballasts allows the electricity to continue flowing through the bulb to keep the light on. The ballast's function is to control the electrical current running through the glass bulb so that there is just enough current flowing through so that the light ignites and is maintained, but not so much that the bulb is destroyed.

There are three different types of ballasts that are used with high intensity discharge lights:

• Magnetic Ballast - also called a core and coil ballast, which refers to the components inside the ballast. Along with a capacitor, they work together to control the current to ignite the light and keep the energy flowing at exactly the correct rate for the bulb. Magnetic Ballasts make humming sound where Electronic and Digital Ballasts are virtually silent.
  • Electronic Ballast - use electronic circuitry to control the electrical flow within the HID bulb.
  • Digital Ballast - works on a higher frequency, so it produces more light but uses less energy to do so. The digital aspect of the ballast allows it to function at consistently correct temperatures, which helps the bulbs to last longer.

Grow Wurks - High Pressure Sodium and Metal Halide Ballasts

Oh yeah Week 5 Flower Started yesterday.

The buds that were pollinated are looking all fat and swollen up.
Later I'll post some pics from the past few days.
I think I'm going to do a light fertilizer watering with the week 5 hydroponic fertilizer.
Before I got the idea to make seeds I was planning to start flushing at week 6.
I am getting some of the dry fertilizer, natural and organic fox farm happy frog fruit and flower 5-8-4
I used Tomato and Vegatable 7-4-5 when I mixed up the fox farm soil into 1 Gal and 3 Gallon pots during transplant. I will use the fruit and flower at time of transplant into 1 gallon, and into 3 gallon pots. I used the Tomato and Vegatable on strawberries, and the leaves are so green. Most likely all the Nitrogen...but I imagine the fruit and flower is more appropriate. Only problem is the smell and gnats love it so much.

Happy Frog® Fruit and Flower

20140222_113355.jpg
20140222_113409.jpg
20140222_113417.jpg
20140222_113438.jpg

2-22

Very nice!

Benefits to my grow that I get from the lumatek include silence (no cooling fan), a thicker power chord (16 awg), and being able to run 250 or 400 watt bulbs. Good to know for the future, they make a 250 wall ballast that does 250/175/150 which is more appropriate for a 2x2 tent. Could run a 175 watt metal halide for veg, and either a 150 or 250 hps at flower with that setup.

Back
Top Bottom